The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Possible to add purchased hairstyles to the character creation bar?

TropicsDelight
TropicsDelight
✭✭✭
One negative to purchased hairstyles is that you cannot add them at the time of character creation, you must add them as a appearance change after in game. One problem with this is that during character creation you cannot view the hairstyle and adjust the color of the hair and figure out what looks best. You have to guess which hair color might look best using another similar hairstyle and then hope you picked right.

Any chance that when people have unlocked hairstyles they can be added to the character creation hairstyle selection bar as well? A lot of hair styles pick up different hair colors quite differently and the way the system currently works is like dying a outfit without actually being able to view the look before committing to it.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until ZOS implements your idea, you do have access to the PTS server if you're on PC, @TropicsDelight ... where you can experiment with all the appearance change tokens you like for one (1) crown each.

Remember to take screenshots of the character sliders before committing on Live.

EDIT: Crowns are free on PTS server.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on May 27, 2020 8:44PM
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you happen to have at least one appearance or race change token (I still got one or two from when they were giving them away for free last year) you can make a character, pop into game, apply whatever cosmetics you want and then use the character edit on your screen. Try out everything you want, screenshot the sliders when you're satisfied and don't save the changes. You won't be charged the token then. Next delete the character and remake it using the screenshotted sliders. I know it's a bit convoluted, but it's the best thing we have so far. If you don't have tokens, well, use the pts like the poster above me suggested, just don't save the changes so you'll keep your 1 crown token for the next time.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the PTS idea, a good compromise until/if they fix this. Had no idea you could do that.

Funny they charge even a single crown to do that. One would think testing various hair styles with various costumes and geting the chance to see croping issues would be a useful PTS activity to let players do. A black hat with black hair might not show a cropping error, switch the hair to silver and now you can see an issue. Players doing that on the PTS is something that really should be encouraged by ZOS and be 100% free to test for the players willing to do it for them.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One negative to purchased hairstyles is that you cannot add them at the time of character creation, you must add them as a appearance change after in game...
    ..which is very annoying for exactly the reasons mentioned!

I wish they would add every option you have unlocked to chargen, and even add many more options to unlock!

Yes, there are workarounds... but... they are all somewhat suboptimal.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the PTS idea, a good compromise until/if they fix this. Had no idea you could do that.

Funny they charge even a single crown to do that. One would think testing various hair styles with various costumes and geting the chance to see croping issues would be a useful PTS activity to let players do. A black hat with black hair might not show a cropping error, switch the hair to silver and now you can see an issue. Players doing that on the PTS is something that really should be encouraged by ZOS and be 100% free to test for the players willing to do it for them.

It is free. The PTS is entirely seperate from the main game and you don't use your actual crowns to buy stuff there. Instead all PTS accounts have their crown balance reset to 5000 crowns every day (I'm not sure when exactly, I assume the normal daily reset time) and all items on the crown store cost 1 crown each, so there's basically no limit to how many you can buy.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

It is free. The PTS is entirely seperate from the main game and you don't use your actual crowns to buy stuff there. Instead all PTS accounts have their crown balance reset to 5000 crowns every day (I'm not sure when exactly, I assume the normal daily reset time) and all items on the crown store cost 1 crown each, so there's basically no limit to how many you can buy.

Good to know, thanks! I've never been to pts land before but this paying crowns for testing stuff did strike me as odd.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, never thought of using the PTS as a dressing room sorta thing. Thanks. :D
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭

Ahh well that is awesome and makes a lot more sense. Thanks. I need to play with that PTS for sure.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahh well that is awesome and makes a lot more sense. Thanks. I need to play with that PTS for sure.

Apologies if I did not word my initial reply correctly, @TropicsDelight ... crowns are free on PTS.
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly our characters have to be remade on PTS right now... so the dressing room idea will have to wait.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly our characters have to be remade on PTS right now... so the dressing room idea will have to wait.

I don't know when the NA character copies will return to PTS ... but it might be awhile given Greymoor just released.