The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

For 6.0.5, Bloodspawn or Potentates x 2

MurderMostFoul
MurderMostFoul
✭✭✭✭✭
With the huge Bloodspawn nerf, I'm looking to other sources of mitigation as possible substitutes. Potentates x 2 seems like an obvious option.

Primarily for noCP PvP (BGs), what do y'all think is better this patch, Bloodspawn or Potentates x 2
“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like your thinking, for pure mitigation potentates is a good 2 piece bonus. However overall, bloodspawn is still good. In no-cp bg sustain is live bloodspawn gives you that, it gives ultimate which means kills, then it offers limited mitigation on the side nor more that before.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with the nerf if you’re wearing bloodspawn there’s no reason to take it off, still not another set good enough to replace it.

There’s even more reason to keep it on for those no longer running vamp.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »
    I like your thinking, for pure mitigation potentates is a good 2 piece bonus. However overall, bloodspawn is still good. In no-cp bg sustain is live bloodspawn gives you that, it gives ultimate which means kills, then it offers limited mitigation on the side nor more that before.

Yeah, for my medium armor stam toons I'm thinking:

If Nord -> Bloodspawn
    If not Nord -> Potentates x 2

I gotta get that constant mitigation from somewhere (I don't like dedicating a 5-piece bonus to defense), and Nord provides it. Thus I can be a little more flexible with the defense from a monster set.

But if I'm not benefiting from Nord's resistance passive, I'll need Potentates x 2 to get that extra bit of mitigation with 100% uptime.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”