The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do not run AWAY from your healer

StarOfElyon
StarOfElyon
✭✭✭✭✭
If you drop low on health, running away from the healer is a bad idea because the healer can't chase you down and stop you from dying. If you run away, either you're going to get killed anyway or the team will see your healer has been left stranded and they will pile on him/her and kill them. Eventually, your healer will get sick of trying to heal you while you kite him/her and start playing selfishly or quit. If you're not sure if your team has a real healer or not, check before you decide fleeing is the best strategy. I've lost too many BGs because people acted as if there was no healer on the team.
  • Nick_Balza
    Nick_Balza
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it's a problem of solo bg. Support classes are useless atm. When you are grouped and communicating at least with 1 or 2 players in your team (friends or guildies), healing/tanking will start make some sense.

Solo rambos were crying for few years to get organized players kicked from PvP.

GM of small social/casual guild Bar Indoril Nalivayka
    PC - EU. @NickBalza
    Nick Balza - Magicka Nightblade
    John Skellan - Stamina Nightblade (Vampire/Crafter/Bowtard)
    Roland Maybelline - Stamina Templar
    Willow The Firestarter - Magicka DK
    Alexander Veidt - Stamina Necromancer
    Chris Maxwell - Magicka Necromancer (Healer)
    Genevieve Diedonne - Stamina Sorc
    The Beckett - Stamina DK/Werewolf
    Mira Giovanni - Magicka Nightblade (Healer\Tank)

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd suggest stating in chat at the start of the match, "stay by me for heals" or something to that effect. At that point, no one will have an excuse if they run off and die.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • RezecNoble_ESO
    Nick_Balza wrote: »
    Well, it's a problem of solo bg. Support classes are useless atm. When you are grouped and communicating at least with 1 or 2 players in your team (friends or guildies), healing/tanking will start make some sense.

Solo rambos were crying for few years to get organized players kicked from PvP.

This times 100. I always play a healer in PvP, support roles get *** over by this change, but that is what solo players wanted. They are trash and don't know how to play against a group with proper support roles and can't be bothered in make friends or join a guild so they whine to ruin the experience for everyone else.
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd suggest stating in chat at the start of the match, "stay by me for heals" or something to that effect. At that point, no one will have an excuse if they run off and die.

That's assuming the other people on your team reads the chat or understand English. Tried BG last night and going by the names of my teammates I'm pretty sure two were Turkish.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That's assuming the other people on your team reads the chat or understand English. Tried BG last night and going by the names of my teammates I'm pretty sure two were Turkish.

I think a large fraction of the people in the world who are affluent enough to play ESO can read English.

But there are a lot who wouldn't feel comfortable trying to type in the language, especially if they had to do so quickly.
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you drop low on health, running away from the healer is a bad idea because the healer can't chase you down and stop you from dying. If you run away, either you're going to get killed anyway or the team will see your healer has been left stranded and they will pile on him/her and kill them. Eventually, your healer will get sick of trying to heal you while you kite him/her and start playing selfishly or quit. If you're not sure if your team has a real healer or not, check before you decide fleeing is the best strategy. I've lost too many BGs because people acted as if there was no healer on the team.

I can understand the frustration, but try to picture the other side.

I play alot of BGs and i rarely see a player announcing that they are a healer. Even if they do things are not that easy. Its not always easy to tell who this players is when you have ppl all over the place.

In most cases where i dont know about it takes me some time to realize it. We are in group fights and i dont go down, that can mean there is a healer, thatc an also mean i wasnt actively attacked or avoided most damage. It could also mean that enemys didnt deal any dmg at all.

So i realy like it having a competent healer on my team and i try always to prevent ppl from getting swarmed. But in most cases i simply dont know if you are the healer and in some cases i dont know that you need help right now.
  • orion_1981usub17_ESO
    orion_1981usub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love healing on my Magden and magcro, but the first rule of healing is you need to be able to keep yourself alive. A good healer is a beast to kill, many of times I've walked back to my zone fending off concentrated attacks. Healing everyone else is secondary to your survival, so you better have an escape plan. If they die from inattentiveness or arrogance, pull back and pick them up once they respawn. If they won't get it through their thick heads then the games a bust and it happens, but even then play as you mean to win and accomplish your part of the deal.
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    but the first rule of healing is you need to be able to keep yourself alive. A good healer is a beast to kill

Much wisdom here indeed, experienced high damage dealer players want easy and fast kills, often after they deliver their burst combo and ultimate straight to your face without much any significant damage done, they won't waste their time and simply move on and search for easier targets. Tankiness gives certain level of immunity in situations when enemies target the less tanky players.

I build most of my characters as quite tanky semihealer area controllers with mostly damage over time offensive abilities, all my magicka characters have been using mutagen on back bar for years now so even my more damage oriented characters have some group healing always. I pick the spot where to fight and never run away under pressure no matter what, my characters aren't too mobile. What happens often in battlegrounds is I waste stamina and run to heal my group members in trouble, I save them and they leave the area immediately leaving me there fighting all the enemies after wasting my resources for helping my team, especially stamina ganklings and magicka streaklings don't care skeever's arse how I survive there in the middle of enemies after helping them, they have easy job doing some ranged damage while I'm as decoy getting the maul up in my arse. This happens all the time and I probably must start playing more selfish not caring for the runlings in my team, the chances for winning will be lower then obviously.

• x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't heal you very well when you want to try standing behind me and using me for a meat shield either, just saying.
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭
    Well you better team up with your.... oh wait nvm. Get gud my dude. It's time for you run around the BG without a plan.