The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Constant disconnects without internet issues PS4

c.rigebladb16_ESO
c.rigebladb16_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hello! Hoping to find some brighter minds than mine to help me out!

My internet is working fine on every single device, perfect connection pretty much. But 2-3 days ago I started to get disconnected from the game when entering a loading screen. I get to the "This seems like a long loading screen" message and then I DC due to "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection". Then when I try to log back on I almost always get "Connection to server timed out. Please try again later" or "An unexpected internal error has occured. Please contact customer service at help.elderscrollsonline.com"

Now I am at the point where it takes me 10 minutes to zone into a new area because I get 3-5 disconnects every time. It is starting to drive me mad... I have tried clearing the saved cache, restart everything, plugging in and out and all the usual stuff. A friend mentioned that way back there was some sort of thing were you would alter some folder to make it abit more stable on ps4. He can't remember what it was though. Does anyone know anything about that or just have any idea of what to try? Alot of posts i find are a few years old and doesnt seem to have solutions in them. So here is me with a long shot... Thanks in advance!
  • Adriius
    Adriius
    It sounds like *maybe* either Sony's servers could be flooded OR (what I *think* your friend was referring to) was probably the DNS settings. They are usually set to Google's DNS by default. (I had gotten these errors alot until I started to use OpenDNS' DNS servers. No problems. You could try that.
    As the Primary DNS you could try 208.67.222.222
    Then for the second DNS address type 208.67.220.220
    (I'm assuming that you are in the US here). Or your ISP's DNS, as opposed to Google's, which just gets hammered.
    For all I know, *perhaps* ESO is having connection issues on PS4, but your message is the first I've seen about it (which means nothing, really lol).

It's in your PS4 settings under Network Connections, then do a custom network connection & when it gets to DNS, change them to OpenDNS' servers or your ISP's. I'd also check to see if Sony is having alot of stability issues as of the last 2-3 days. Wouldn't be surprised w/the pandemic. Hope this helps.
    Edited by Adriius on May 24, 2020 2:52AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you continue to get this error message when logging in, please try the troubleshooting in the FAQ linked below.

What do I do if I get a "LOGIN FAILED An unexpected Internal Error has occurred..." error when attempting to log in on my console?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post