The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Craglorn: sudden loading screens and texture flickering

Psiioniic
Psiioniic
✭✭
Hi,

since few days I sometimes have weird texture flickering (as with a broken graphics card) and sudden loading screens in craglorn and AA. It can be as bad as a loading screen every 10 seconds, but sometimes it's "just" every minute.
Changing graphic settings, clearing shader cache etc do not help. Sometimes when I switch zones and go to Craglorn again a little later the problem is gone.
Known bug? I have only found quite old posts from 2018 on a similar issue. (looks like in this video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQuvTbk2Ru8)
Any ideas what I can do?

my system: Win10, RTX 2080S, Ryzen3900X, 32GB ram, game on SSD
  • duncan4791
    duncan4791
    ✭✭
    I've been having the same problem since yesterday afternoon. Included Game Consultant report. If you move very slowly the flickering and juddering almost goes away. Very bad in Northern Craglorn.
  • Psiioniic
    Psiioniic
    ✭✭
    some examples of the current problem:

obs9h2pbkppy.png

twsgbq30ge6l.png

lozv6g2xa31g.png

these are selected single frames with the broken textures
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have seen that same flickering occur several times in the past in Craglorn.

I would guess it has something to do with the extra load on the servers for the Jesters Festival.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Same exact thing happened to me Thursday night. I got so many little micro load screens that I couldn't actually zone out. I had to quit the game and load back in later. I was in Northern Craglorn doing survey maps.
    Edited by ne.ga.kurai_ESO on March 28, 2020 8:49PM
  • Finwych
    Finwych
    Soul Shriven
    The problem still persists. Any updates?
  • Lotus781
    Lotus781
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same thing, noticed it with the lightning animation but now it happens with clear skies and also constant craglorn loading screens which now makes craglorn unplayable.Which is a pain because i'm trying to get content done before vampire is nerfed.
  • dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same problem. Craglorn is unplayable, and the load screens are about every second so I have to crash the game to get out.

Changing VSync in game and in NVIDIA settings didn't do anything, as I have see suggested in other threads.

I wondered if it might have something to do with NVIDIA Gsync. Anyone else using that?

Haven't had a chance to do testing at all yet, unfortunately.

I normally run ultra high no problem, but that lightning in Crag does something to really kill my graphics.It's definitely worse north/north east side of the map.

• Sindofin
    Sindofin
    ✭✭
    Just submitted an ingame big report for this. Even in Cyrodill I have never experienced it that bad. Every few seconds there is a loading screen. Even when standing still and talking to a quest giver. Lowering the 2 particle video settings helps a bit I think but not much.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Trying for fishing achievement and for second evening in a row I get packs of frequent random loading screens.
    Moving around seems to help a bit.
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has been going on for a while. Slightly older thread keeping track found here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/518903/load-screen-flashes#latest
  • StealthFly
    StealthFly
    Soul Shriven
    First time going to Craglorn and I'm getting the load screens after a couple minutes. it continues to get worse as the intervals between flashes decreases until i cant even get to a wayshrine and select somewhere else before the screen flashes and resets everything. if i continue to stay in the zone it feels like my entire PC will start to run slower, with a slight hesitation.
  • omegatay_ESO
    omegatay_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has been a issue for quite sometime, and NO word from ZoS. It has rendered Craglorn unplayable for me. Just unbelievable how well know this issue is, and ZoS completely ignores it. What I really want to say to ZoS would get the mods wrath on me, although true, so I will restrain myself.

*sighs*