The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Let me know what you think of this Hybrid DK build that I theory crafted

Goren
Goren
✭✭✭
This build is meant for Battlegrounds and no CP Cyrodiil. My intend was to create an actual Dragonknight with a greatsword, fire skills and heavy armor because neither a stamDk nor a magDK can give me that.

Here's an overview:

Sets

(1) Molag Kena
1 item: Adds 129 Weapon Damage, Adds 129 Spell Damage

(1) Malacath's Band of Brutality
1 item: Increases your damage done by 25%. You cannot deal critical damage.

Or alternatively:
(1) Torc of Tonal Constancy
1 item: While your Stamina is less than 50%, increases your Magicka Recovery by 450. While your Magicka is less than 50%, increases your Stamina Recovery by 450.

(5) New Moon Acolyte
2 items: Adds 833 Weapon Critical, Adds 833 Spell Critical
3 items: Adds 129 Weapon Damage, Adds 129 Spell Damage
4 items: Adds 1487 Physical Penetration, Adds 1487 Spell Penetration
5 items: Adds 481 Weapon Damage and Spell Damage. Increases the cost of your active abilities by 5%

(5) Shacklebreaker
2 items: Adds 129 Weapon Damage
3 items: Adds 129 Spell Damage
4 items: Adds 129 Stamina Recovery, Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
5 items: Adds 2000 Maximum Stamina, Adds 2000 Maximum Magicka

Traits, Glyphs, Food, Mundus and Race
  • 5 heavy, 1 medium, 1 light
  • 7 impenetrable
  • 7 tri stat glyphs
  • 3 Healthy
  • 1 Spell Damage, 1 Weapon Damage, 1 Physical Resistance glyph
  • Nirnhoned Greatsword with Crusher enchantment
  • Infused Fire Staff with Weapon Damage enchantment
  • Purple tri stat food
  • Lover Mundus
  • Nord (for flavor and because he is my main. I know Dunmer would be better)

Stats (unbuffed, mainly purple quality)
  • 22k Health (27k with Battle Spirit), 21k Magicka and Stamina
  • 386 Health and 663 Magicka and Stamina Recovery
  • 2808 Weapon and Spell Damage
  • 4k Penetration
  • 23k Spell Resistance
  • 20k Physical Resistance

Front Bar
  • Burning Embers
  • Engulfing Flames
  • Carve
  • Reverse Slice
  • Molten Armaments
  • Take Flight

Back Bar
  • Eruption
  • Deep Thoughts
  • Resolving Vigor
  • Fragmented Shield
  • Hardened Armor
  • Eye of Flame

Strategy
  1. put down all the dots
  2. cast Eruption when Eye of Flame is ready
  3. cast Eye of Flame
  4. use Reverse Slice like a maniac
  5. ???
  6. Profit

My concerns are that the damage will be lack luster and that NMA's cost increase will quickly diminish my already low resource pools. That's why I didn't invest in recovery and simply rely on Deep Thoughts, heavy attacks and the Battle Roar passive. Let me know what you think, how this build is going to work in your opinion and what improvements it needs.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There a lot of problems with this build... but main one is that you are sacrificing a lot just to get relatively weak version of execute. With 4k pen and reverse slice moprh it will be hitting any notable numbers only below 10% HP.
    Regular power lash/molten whip at min maxed magDK will hit harder all the way up from 10% and comparable damage below 10%.
  • Goren
    Goren
    ✭✭✭
    @MartiniDaniels So what do you suggest in this case? Maybe the other morph of Reverse Slice or more penetration?
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, you must decide for yourself what you plan to do with this build - wreck groups as part of group - and so somebody else could provide penetration de-buffs + stun.
    Or to rely only yourself. If you plan to rely only on yourself you need stun and you need penetration.

What I can suggest:
    1. replace eruption with elemental drain (this will both boost your damage and sustain), and replace carve with dizzy - then you'll have actual spammable and stun.
    2. Try sharpened greatsword instead of nirnhoned - that way your eye of the storm will hit harder, while dizzy and execute will remain roughly the same.
    3. I'd also suggest replacing embers with degeneration for major sorcery and then rally instead of molten armaments for healing+major brutality, but I guess there won't be much left of "fire theme" after that :)
    4. Ah, and jewelry enchantments like SD+WD+physical resistance with healthy trait look weird. 3 triune traits + some mix of WD or reduce cost enchantments will work better.

Overall, it is very hard to build working hybrid and a lot of tweaking is needed in process after you tried it in real conditions.
    Edited by MartiniDaniels on May 22, 2020 7:48PM
  • buzzclops
    buzzclops
    ✭✭✭
    On Dk with shacklebreaker pelinal and infused wpn dmg jewelry you can get 5k wpn/spell dmg easily with lover mundus and sharp greatsword. You have minor brutality that will buff everything and lover mundus. You’ll have like 25k ressources in both of you invest too. It’s allright for playing mag dk with 2h execute but your sustain will struggle. That’s an old setup you can replace shackle with new moon for more raw stats .
    Edited by buzzclops on May 22, 2020 9:26PM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    When hybrid building I always get stuck with what to slot in the jewelry glyphs.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Goren
    Goren
    ✭✭✭
    @MartiniDaniels Thank you for the suggestions! It's quite challenging to make a solid hybrid build if you want to maintain a certain theme, oh well :)
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goren wrote: »
    @MartiniDaniels Thank you for the suggestions! It's quite challenging to make a solid hybrid build if you want to maintain a certain theme, oh well :)

Yep, I was experimenting with DK hybrids a lot in U22-23 and finally got one pretty good one, but it was literally demolished by balance changes in U24. So I given up for half-year, but now with mystic items and new vampire there are new possibilities. Though I don't know when I start building hybrid again, I expect ZOS will change a lot about vampire and mystics in U27...