The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

My idea for Undaunted ultimate.

Golden_Cat
Golden_Cat
✭✭✭
Hi, like many people I notice we have no ultimate for Undaunted skill line. After googling for a bit I haven’t been able to find any fully developed idea so I wish to share my thought.
I’m not native speaker so sorry in advance for any grammar mistake.

Base skill:
Undaunted Warrior:
Cost: 300 UP
Duration: 30 seconds
Call an Undaunted warrior armed with sword and shield. He provides 5% health and 2000 armor for all members. The warrior basic attack deals (equal to sorc clannfear), his special attack either decreases target’s weapon and spell damage by 200.
A close member can activate synergy Honorable Death synergy, making the warrior attacks every 0.5 second and taunt the enemy, the warrior will prioritize non-taunted<<(I don’t know this is real word or not) enemies. The Warrior now has 30k health, 31k armor and can be killed.
My comment: This base skill focuses on survivability by increasing overall toughness. The synergy is used as some kind of mass taunt or give tanks a easier time.

2 morphs:
Undaunted Archer:
Call an Undaunted archer armed with bow. He provides 200 weapon and spell damage and 5% weapon and spell critical chance for all members. The archer basic attack deals (equal to warden bear), his special attack increases target’s damage taken by 10%.
A close member can activate Focus Fire synergy to command archer to attack his target by using heavy attack.
My comment: This morph focuses on damage dealing. The synergy can be used by a key member to focus on strong enemies or any boss that summons mobs.

Undaunted Mender:
Call an Undaunted mage armed with restoration staff. He provides 250 stamina, magicka recovery and 300 health recovery for all members. The mage doesn’t attack enemies but gives all members in group damage shields equal to 15% maximum health for 6 seconds, this ability is applied when he arrives and every 10 seconds after.
A close member can activate Guardian Angel synergy, giving all member 20k damage shield when they receive killing blow, this effect lasts for the remaining time. The mage leaves after synergy activation along with any buff.
My comment: This morph focuses on sustainability by increasing recovery and occasional shield. The increased recovery can be use to heal more or do more damage base one situation.

Some reasons I design this skill this way:
_The ultimate gives base stats instead of traditional buff so it won’t overlap with any group builds and become useless unless it's stupidly OP.
_I base this skill on War Horn because:
+It’s widely used by almost every group for PvE group content.
+I want to keep similarity.
+Undaunted ultimate must provide good buff to whole group like Horn.
_With 3 distinctive styles, groups can actively choose which buff they want to have, or have all 3 at once.

Feel free to give your ideas whether this is a good ultimate or not, any stat is too low or too high, how the synergies should be, etc.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pets are server unfriendly

better would be AoE taunt and unique debuff
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rake wrote: »

Part of the challenge in tanking is prioritizing certain enemies when you can only taunt them one at a time. Even if you make the AoE taunt an ultimate, I feel it would remove much of said challenge, as it would be used in the context of trash packs and it's trivial to recover ultimate points from those. In the end, I think AoE taunts would make tanking a poorer experience, but that's just me. I like running ahead of the group, setting up some CC, taunting and/or leashing priority targets, and trying to keep everything tight for the group to kill.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    Rake wrote: »

Part of the challenge in tanking is prioritizing certain enemies when you can only taunt them one at a time. Even if you make the AoE taunt an ultimate, I feel it would remove much of said challenge, as it would be used in the context of trash packs and it's trivial to recover ultimate points from those. In the end, I think AoE taunts would make tanking a poorer experience, but that's just me. I like running ahead of the group, setting up some CC, taunting and/or leashing priority targets, and trying to keep everything tight for the group to kill.

would help to tank 7 daedroths at once in banished cells 2 on vet wnet you get damage dealers that have 36 CP combined
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although the undaunted skill line is thematically a big mess, I still would say that calling a warrior to your aid is not very undaunted-like. What undaunted would call for help? These guys want to prove their bravery and show everyone how tough they are and that they can deal with anything. Not sure what an undaunted ultimate should look like though.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    a more undaunted themed ulti would be a 30% increase in damage for 10s but removes all armour and resistances for the duration
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think they need to delete all ultimates except for class ultimates and work on those classes that have weak ultimates
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on May 22, 2020 2:38AM
  • laissezfaire
    laissezfaire
    ✭✭✭
    Regardless, it is a no-brainer for them to add an ultimate. Get on it ZoS.