Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ANTIQUITIES LEADS + LEAD LOCATIONS UBER-THREAD

• vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭

SPOILER ALERT PLEASE!!

I added Spoiler tags, though I can't fathom why they would be necessary since this entire thread is dedicated to revealing (i.e. spoiling) the Secret Locations of all the Antiquities Leads. But it's an easy enough request to do so consider it done.
    PC NA : 2013 Beta Tester : Altoholic
  • QuietPanda_22
    QuietPanda_22
    ✭✭✭

SPOILER ALERT PLEASE!!

I added Spoiler tags, though I can't fathom why they would be necessary since this entire thread is dedicated to revealing (i.e. spoiling) the Secret Locations of all the Antiquities Leads. But it's an easy enough request to do so consider it done.

Yeah, I thought about that after I posted. It's been a Monday for me. :smile:
    Sky above, Earth below, Fire within  PSN: Mirthfaery
    El-Rielle the Awakened, High Elf Sorceror
    Quiet Panda, Khajiit Sorceror
    Twizzy Stardusk, Bosmer Sorceror
    S'ilence, Khajiit Nightblade
    Indiguana Jones, Argonian Nightblade
    Angelienne, Breton Templar
    Holy Meow, Khajiit Templar
    Mookie Farkle, Argonian Dragonknight
    S'pawk, Khajiit Dragonknight
    Atha'zagora, Khajiit Arcanist
    Mokey Fraggle, Argonian Warden
    Bumfuzzle Briar, Khajiit Warden
    Nandailie Resinator, Dark Elf Necromancer
    Faerylicious, Orc Necromancer
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible to get Mythic leads if you haven't done a green/blue/purple/gold one in that specific zone?
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hexys wrote: »
    Is it possible to get Mythic leads if you haven't done a green/blue/purple/gold one in that specific zone?

I got a lead for malacath ring on a pts char that hadnt done any leads yet, he did have 10 in the skilllines tho.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

I got a lead for malacath ring on a pts char that hadnt done any leads yet, he did have 10 in the skilllines tho.

That answers the question, thank you! :smiley:
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭

You don't even need to have the Skill Lines Unlocked, let alone leveled, to start getting Leads of any quality. But of course you will have to get the skill lines and level them up appropriately to actually use those Leads.

I just logged into one of my secondary accounts where my only EU character (zero CP, level 27) got a Gold Thrassian Stranglers Lead (Sticky Integument Leather), a Gold Snow Treaders Lead (Auri-El Metal Carvings), a Purple Ruby Dragon Skull furnishing Lead, and the Gold Alinor Allemande emote Lead, all in about 15 min of play. And she doesn't have the Scrying or Excavating Skill Lines unlocked yet, she hasn't even visited Skyrim.

• relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So I have a theory... I had tried for ages to get the face of the wolf beast to make up the ring of the wild Hunt. I killed the world boss north west in malabol tor loads of times maybe 10 times and it didn't drop... I killed 3 other world bosses and it dropped with an achievement. I'm wondering whether it drops with rather certain achievements or it drops if you already have them from the first mob you kill in the zone.

I will test it in another zone and see. I don't have any achievements on this character as it has always just pvped... So that might be why it wouldn't drop for me.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inklings wrote: »
    225+ leads all nice and neat set in tabs per zone in this spreadsheet. Also antiquities leveling info/strategies. Thank you all who have helped submitting lead locations.

cIc3T0k.png

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oZNNtdccCOm-6rNJ5y6jAwnkdVvVMJC6lP9NN_dIE7Y/edit#gid=0

Thank you for the spreadsheet. It's very well done and will help immensely.

I do have one question though. How do you grind antiquities in Artaeum?
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Scry/excavate green Artaeum item, receive single blue Artaeum lead, receive 1 xp in both Scrying and Excavation.
    2. Repeat step 1 until you skill up enough to be able to scry/excavate blue-tier items.
    3. Scry/excavate blue Artaeum item, receive single purple Artaeum lead, receive 3 xp in both Scrying and Excavation.
    4. Alternately repeat steps 1 and 3 until you skill up enough to be able to scry/excavate purple-tier items.
    5. Scry/excavate purple Artaeum item, receive 5 xp in both Scrying and Excavation.
    6. Keep repeating steps 1, 3, and 5 in order to grind out both skill lines.

Artaeum works best because the zone is super small; after you scry something it doesn't take a wayshrine jump and a five-minute horse ride to get to the digsite. So grinding antiquities out in Artaeum - despite only giving you green/blue/purple vendor trash instead of perhaps more useful items from other zones - will level the skill lines the fastest.
    Edited by Saucy_Jack on May 20, 2020 11:31PM
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have found that if a mythic lead drops from a world boss it can drop from any of them. The same can be said for public dungeon bosses. It isn't a specific one. I found the inert anemone inlay part of the thrassian stranglers on a world boss. Soulfire plateau.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »

1. Scry/excavate green Artaeum item, receive single blue Artaeum lead, receive 1 xp in both Scrying and Excavation.
    2. Repeat step 1 until you skill up enough to be able to scry/excavate blue-tier items.
    3. Scry/excavate blue Artaeum item, receive single purple Artaeum lead, receive 3 xp in both Scrying and Excavation.
    4. Alternately repeat steps 1 and 3 until you skill up enough to be able to scry/excavate purple-tier items.
    5. Scry/excavate purple Artaeum item, receive 5 xp in both Scrying and Excavation.

Artaeum works best because the zone is super small; after you scry something it doesn't take a wayshrine jump and a five-minute horse ride to get to the digsite. So grinding antiquities out in Artaeum - despite only giving you green/blue/purple vendor trash instead of perhaps more useful items from other zones - will level the skill lines the fastest.

What do you do to get the leads over and over, or are the green, blue "freebies" repeatable?
  • Cres
    Cres
    ✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »

What do you do to get the leads over and over, or are the green, blue "freebies" repeatable?

All leads are repeatable, including mythic pieces
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, worded it wrong. I know the leads are repeatable. What is the source of the leads to be repeated, or do the freebies stay in the journal and you just scry them repeatedly.?
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For each zone, there's a single green that's repeatable. If you dig it up, you generally get a single copy of a blue lead. When you dig THAT up, you a) generally get a single purple lead, and b) have to re-dig the green lead to reacquire the blue lead to dig the blue again. The purple lead will require you to re-dig the blue item to reacquire the purple lead.

However, you can also FIND leads in the wild, and these I believe act as one-offs; once you dig up the item, you have to re-find the lead before you're able to re-dig the item.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, got it. I understood about finding the leads in the wild. I didn't realize the green freebies were repeatable without finding them. Cool, that makes things a lot easier.

Thank you all for clearing that up for me. I've been relaying the info to some of my guildmates that are also looking forward to the Antiquities system.

I appreciate all the info. Keep up the good work everyone.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alright, got it. I understood about finding the leads in the wild. I didn't realize the green freebies were repeatable without finding them. Cool, that makes things a lot easier.

Thank you all for clearing that up for me. I've been relaying the info to some of my guildmates that are also looking forward to the Antiquities system.

I appreciate all the info. Keep up the good work everyone.

I think you can repeat the same lead as many times as you like.

Scrying doesn't seem to level until you excavate anyway... I had a theory about power leveling. I thought I'd see how many zones I can go to and just scry and then whip round and excavate in one round. I am going to try tonight👍
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have found the fourth piece to ring of the wild in greenshade on pelda tarn world boss.
    "Symbol of y'ffre"
    Edited by relentless_turnip on May 21, 2020 11:40PM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Found the final lead to the ring of the wild.
    "Charm of the shapeless" - murkmire - world boss Bok-xul

Woot. So I think actually all of these leads just drop off bosses or places you would normally get a set piece.
  • Cres
    Cres
    ✭✭✭

Woot. So I think actually all of these leads just drop off bosses or places you would normally get a set piece.

nice! i was running around earlier looking for it too, tried that boss and didn't get it, but only tried once
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I managed to find charm of the shapeless from the voriplasm delve boss, so it seems like the leads aren't too specific in terms of where they drop either, which is kind of a shame tbh.....
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really want the Drwaven Ebon Wolf mount, as soon as I ca get it. From looking at the spreadsheet, I gather that all the pieces are located in dwarven themed delves, public dungeons or misc dwarven ruin. But I cant seem to find anything dwarven in Stormhaven. Any ideas?
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cres wrote: »

nice! i was running around earlier looking for it too, tried that boss and didn't get it, but only tried once

I did that boss about 6 times... Tried both delves, went around the map looking for chests and soloed the first 3 stages of BRP. It then dropped on my last go on the boss. I think it is likely they just drop with set pieces.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Question for you all. Are you going to hunt mythics before leveling the skill lines. As it will likely start to get busy in public dungeons, world bosses etc...

I also think the most efficient way to level the skill line is to go to each area and do the green leads. This will give you all the blue leads and then repeat for the purple. I think it is scrying level 8 you can scry mythics? Or are they above legendary quality?
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Bangkorai
    Sloped Dwarven Guards (Purple, part of Ebon Dwarven Mount) - Public Dungeon Boss (Razak's Wheel)

Edit - Corrected it from Gold to Purple quality
    Edited by vailjohn_ESO on May 22, 2020 8:38AM
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question for you all. Are you going to hunt mythics before leveling the skill lines. As it will likely start to get busy in public dungeons, world bosses etc...

I also think the most efficient way to level the skill line is to go to each area and do the green leads. This will give you all the blue leads and then repeat for the purple. I think it is scrying level 8 you can scry mythics? Or are they above legendary quality?

I was thinking the same thing. After I get to at least purple level, I'm going to do the treasure maps for the vanilla zones to get the motif pages and then start hunting down all the furniture leads, clearing zone by zone. That's my planned method.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I was thinking the same thing. After I get to at least purple level, I'm going to do the treasure maps for the vanilla zones to get the motif pages and then start hunting down all the furniture leads, clearing zone by zone. That's my planned method.

I think I'll probably get all the mythic leads for the wild Hunt ring, before I even level the skill line. Just because I can imagine world bosses etc... Getting crowded after the first week and no one can interupt me leveling the skill lines.
  • Cres
    Cres
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

I managed to find charm of the shapeless from the voriplasm delve boss, so it seems like the leads aren't too specific in terms of where they drop either, which is kind of a shame tbh.....

They said on the one stream that the rarer the lead the more specific the drop conditions...guess not
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I'll probably get all the mythic leads for the wild Hunt ring, before I even level the skill line. Just because I can imagine world bosses etc... Getting crowded after the first week and no one can interupt me leveling the skill lines.

The wild hunt ring and the bloodlord's embrace are the 2 i'm after.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The wild hunt ring and the bloodlord's embrace are the 2 i'm after.

Of all the duels and set ups I tested the wild Hunt ring is by far the most fun 👏
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭
    @Inklings why you said levelup in Artaeum to 5 and then go to all other locations, its easier will be just stay in Artaeum till level 10, no?
    small zone
    no monsters

same 3 types of treasure green+blue+purple
    Edited by Env_t on May 22, 2020 6:34PM