Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stadia

Digerati
Digerati
✭✭✭✭
ESO was removed from Geforce Now because it looks like they have some kind of deal with Stadia.

So why isn't ESO on Stadia?
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings!

If you would like to be notified when ESO becomes available on Stadia, be sure to check out this article.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭
    hey thanks. Any idea when it will happen? I can't afford the harddrive space right now.
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stadia still exists?

Color me surprised.
    Edited by Mindcr0w on May 20, 2020 10:31PM
  • nk125x
    nk125x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag upon a lag - No thanks
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mindcr0w wrote: »
    Stadia still exists?

Color me surprised.

So am I.
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭
    nk125x wrote: »

ahhh yes, but you no longer have to download and install a 100gb game to figure out whether or not it's playable.
  • aaylas
    aaylas
    ✭✭✭
    In case Zenimax Online Studios is considering exclusivity in cloud gaming, please reconsider Stadia.

1. Google has a history of terminating any service that doesn't ramp to scale fast enough for management
    2. I recently tried both Stadia and Geforce Now. It's not even close. Stadia is a laggy, unplayable mess. Geforce Now occasionally suffers from congestion, but it is playable the whole time.

Cloud gaming is probably the future of gaming--PC and console and it will offer an opportunity for a lot of developers to drop all of their anti-cheat overhead (since you'll basically be running in a trusted environment). It's also likely to succeed PC and console gaming (effectively a merge between the two) in the distant future. It's definitnely worth the investment from Zenimax.
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭
    aaylas wrote: »
    In case Zenimax Online Studios is considering exclusivity in cloud gaming, please reconsider Stadia.

1. Google has a history of terminating any service that doesn't ramp to scale fast enough for management
    2. I recently tried both Stadia and Geforce Now. It's not even close. Stadia is a laggy, unplayable mess. Geforce Now occasionally suffers from congestion, but it is playable the whole time.

Cloud gaming is probably the future of gaming--PC and console and it will offer an opportunity for a lot of developers to drop all of their anti-cheat overhead (since you'll basically be running in a trusted environment). It's also likely to succeed PC and console gaming (effectively a merge between the two) in the distant future. It's definitnely worth the investment from Zenimax.

I get solid performance in both GeForce now and stadia. It really is going to come down to your location relative to the service provider since they are essentially running the same technology.

ESO used to be on GeForce now and was removed because Bethesda signed some deal with Google. It's a final decision and it was made for business reasons, not for technological reasons.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stadia, Stadia, Stay-DOA...
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Digerati wrote: »

ahhh yes, but you no longer have to download and install a 100gb game to figure out whether or not it's playable.

But you'd still have to buy the game regardless of whether you own it on other platforms or not. Not worth paying full price just to find out performance is not great or population is too small imo. On top of paying for Stadia and a subscription.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care about Stadia, I want GeForce Now back.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »

You want Geforce Now back now or later?
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not with my internet connection
  • JimDiGreez
    Stadia don't work in Russia ;D
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO could actually run better on stadia right now. The current asynchrony would be reduced, coz you no longer just watch your own screen, where different and crazy things happen.
    You stream the game, so you'll watch the server screen, if there would be any.
    Edited by Sun7dance on May 21, 2020 10:29AM
    PS5|EU
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭
    andreasv wrote: »

But you'd still have to buy the game regardless of whether you own it on other platforms or not. Not worth paying full price just to find out performance is not great or population is too small imo. On top of paying for Stadia and a subscription.

My disk is tighter than my wallet
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Stadia myself for some gaming, it's actually really good.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No addons, no thanks.
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Helllll no.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • Ruder
    Ruder
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stadia is a Joke, it wont let you even use you already progressed account, instead you will have to buy new one and play on the same platform, it is brain-dead.
  • stoop
    stoop
    ✭✭✭
    I can’t wait for this to come out on Stadia. Not sure what problem the couple people here have with it, but it works shockingly well. I will be buying this game on Stadia when it launches there.
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aaylas wrote: »

I get solid performance in both GeForce now and stadia. It really is going to come down to your location relative to the service provider since they are essentially running the same technology.

ESO used to be on GeForce now and was removed because Bethesda signed some deal with Google. It's a final decision and it was made for business reasons, not for technological reasons.

Having played eso on nvidia shield, i can tell you it was not perfectely adpated... there were things in game you could not do with the shield controller.. like res players... because the shield overlay took up two buttons.. good riddance to eso on shield... if stadia works, so be it... not holding my breath waiting for it to though.
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just smear your monitor with a bit of petroleum jelly and you can recreate that Stadia look.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurbster wrote: »
    Just smear your monitor with a bit of petroleum jelly and you can recreate that Stadia look.

LOL!
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
  • mavfin
    mavfin
    ✭✭✭✭
    hey thanks. Any idea when it will happen? I can't afford the harddrive space right now.

Helps if you don't play on a toaster, I guess.
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭
    andreasv wrote: »

My disk is tighter than my w
    mavfin wrote: »

Helps if you don't play on a toaster, I guess.

My main system is an i7-7700k with a 1070ti. The crux of the issue is that I run all of my games off of a 1TB NVMe. I don't want to waste a lot of time and space installing ESO when I know the cyrodiil performance issues haven't been fixed.
  • mneimneh_ESO
    mneimneh_ESO
    ✭✭
    I’ve been playing Stadia on GB net and full mesh for the past couple of months at home, been spot on any TV I connect the controller to. I’m at my parents on potato internet right now in the middle of the country and performance is fine and seems to be high res, no obvious issue with quality, no obvious lag, when I’m not running Speedtest anyway, concurrently. Kids are in the other room streaming Netflix as well. Not a scientific observation but definitely passes my personal test. This is also playing a FPS so I would assume ESO is a bit less intense. Looking forward to it to come to the platform, versatility was why I switched to console from PC when it came out, and I don’t need a giant black box wired up to every TV in the house anymore to play where I want. That said, I’ve spent several thousand dollars at the point on PS4 so I’m a bit miffed about not being able to transfer but I’ll get over it in time. For reference, CP1100 PS4, CP300 PC. I’m not someone who appreciates mods, so that doesn’t really matter much to me, we’ve always found ways to do things without them.
    I like playing ESO.

Member since September 7th, 2013.

PS4 CP1015
    Redguard Necromancer (PVE Stamcro)
    Argonian Templar (PVE Heals)
    Dark Elf Nightblade (PVE Magblade)
    Breton Sorcerer (PVE Petsorc)
    Nord Dragonknight (PVE Tank)
    Dark Elf Dragonknight (PVE MagDK)
    Argonian Templar (PVP Heals)
    Nord Warden (PVP Magden)
    Redguard Nightblade (PVP Stamblade)

Stadia/PC CP340
    Argonian Templar (PVE Heals)
    Imperial Dragonknight (PVE Tank)
    Breton Nightblade (PVE Magblade)
    Orc Templar (PVE Stamplar)
  • Digerati
    Digerati
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah @mneimneh_ESO
    Not sure why these streaming services get so much hate... I definitely prefer to play on my own equipment, and I have the equipment to do so, but I still pay a subscription fee to both geforce now and stadia...
  • quantumartist
    quantumartist
    ✭✭
    What a bunch of ignorant tripe! Stadia is an AWESOME service!

You freeloading free-to-play whiners do not know what you're talking about and it shows! If you want to know what Stadia plays like, it's free right now during the lockdown. Go get your account and try it out... and if you don't, expect to get called out for your willful ignorance!
  • quantumartist
    quantumartist
    ✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »

GeForce stepped in the *** with the game industry putting content on their service without the game developers permission, or directing royalties to them. I expect it will slowly die now.