Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What new Vampiric furniture would you like to see added?

Cameron991
Cameron991
✭✭✭✭
I’m super hyped for all the vampire clothes, mounts, furniture, and all things vampire so I wanted to start this thread! What are some vampiric themed housing items you would like to see added? I would love to see a giant vampiric organ that could play sinister music, I would also like to see an interactable coffin bed we can lay in, I think it would also be sweet to have like knight armor displays like you would see in an actual castle. It would be cool to add these to the gold furniture vendor. What are your thoughts?
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need more torture devices, more blood splatter effects, and spooky pickled parts in jars. More weird crazy vampire experiments. Feeding troughs full of blood. Electrical devices and all sorts of vampire talismans and knickknacks. I hope for all of this eventually but expect none.

I want my house to look gory mad scientist house.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In blade movies there is a scene where blade jumps into a pool of blood that runs down from above looking like a small waterfall.
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More npc's a castle is to much for a single vampire (or anyone imo)
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    We need more torture devices, more blood splatter effects, and spooky pickled parts in jars. More weird crazy vampire experiments. Feeding troughs full of blood. Electrical devices and all sorts of vampire talismans and knickknacks. I hope for all of this eventually but expect none.

Couldn’t agree more! I would love to have the blood splatter effect bc I want to make a Volkihar like dining room that looks like a blood bath on the tables and floor
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hanging bat clusters &
    Interactive open and close ornate coffin
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thannazzar wrote: »
    Hanging bat clusters &

That would be cool to see bats as decorations!
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hanging bat clusters &

This right here is what I'm after! The more I explore the vampire house the more disappointed I become with it. The rooms look lovely but the whole thing is so disjointed and weird and NOTHING like a home, even for a vampire, that I just don't know what to think of it. I was SURE there would be a whole slew of new coffins and crypts yet it seems like we have even less than Summerset gave us!
    Edited by MornaBaine on May 22, 2020 2:07PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Hanging bat clusters &

This right here is what I'm after! The more I explore the vampire house the more disappointed I become with it. The rooms look lovely but the whole thing is so disjointed and weird and NOTHING like a home, even for a vampire, that I just don't know what to think of it. I was SURE there would be a whole slew of new coffins and crypts yet it seems like we have even less than Summerset gave us!

Really? I love it! But I can see what you mean, is there something about it that specifically makes you feel this way? Mine would just be that it’s way to open and it seems bland bc of that i wish there were more rooms to help decorate different types of rooms rather than just one big one
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

All of this.
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love these ideas!
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The 'vampire' furnishings are totally lackluster, and missed the target completely. What furniture fits the concept of 'vampires' most? Polished office drawers? Knotwork motifs? :lol: Because that's what we got.
    pbtxuq0ywfi8.png
    They should have made furniture that matched the colour or material of the Vampire architecture (stone, metals, dark colours, spikes and fangs, gargoyles, grotesque vampire faces) and vampire lamps (angular spiky metal). But instead, they made some totally mundane brown wood furniture with knotwork patterns (god knows how that's supposed to relate to vampires) which is only slightly different from Alinor (which was already a brown, arched, spiked style).

Daedric furniture are far more vampiric than the actual 'vampire' furniture they added with Greymoor. They could have easily expanded the Daedric style (which has only a handful of furniture types like chairs, candles, benches and pedestals) into a full furnishing range, to include Daedric beds, desks, wardrobes, cabinets, etc.

Because if even a Chapter with a dedicated Vampire theme and Vampire architecture doesn't get proper vampiric furnishings (apart from the lamps and the Crown Store only vampire items like the statue or the fountain that do actually look vampiric), what will? So the issue isn't that the current 'vampire' furniture shouldn't have been added, but they should not have taken up the spots of our only chance for some vampiric furnishings.

I guess ZOS sees nothing wrong with selling Wraithhome with 70% Imperial furniture since there are no furniture with an actual evil/dark/cultist/vampire style. Some of the ideas in this thread (like coffins, bloodsplattered furniture, more sinister items, bats) are really great! :smile: So it's a pity that the ZOS artists didn't poll some players of what they expect from a new so-called 'vampire' style. Because it wouldn't have been what we ended up getting, for sure.
    Edited by bluebird on May 24, 2020 1:29AM
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    The 'vampire' furnishings are totally lackluster, and missed the target completely. What furniture fits the concept of 'vampires' most? Polished office drawers? Knotwork motifs? :lol: Because that's what we got.
    pbtxuq0ywfi8.png
    They should have made furniture that matched the colour or material of the Vampire architecture (stone, metals, dark colours, spikes and fangs, gargoyles, grotesque vampire faces) and vampire lamps (angular spiky metal). But instead, they made some totally mundane brown wood furniture with knotwork patterns (god knows how that's supposed to relate to vampires) which is only slightly different from Alinor (which was already a brown, arched, spiked style).

Daedric furniture are far more vampiric than the actual 'vampire' furniture they added with Greymoor. They could have easily expanded the Daedric style (which has only a handful of furniture types like chairs, candles, benches and pedestals) into a full furnishing range, to include Daedric beds, desks, wardrobes, cabinets, etc.

Because if even a Chapter with a dedicated Vampire theme and Vampire architecture doesn't get proper vampiric furnishings (apart from the lamps and the Crown Store only vampire items like the statue or the fountain that do actually look vampiric), what will? So the issue isn't that the current 'vampire' furniture shouldn't have been added, but they should not have taken up the spots of our only chance for some vampiric furnishings.

I guess ZOS sees nothing wrong with selling Wraithhome with 70% Imperial furniture since there are no furniture with an actual evil/dark/cultist/vampire style. Some of the ideas in this thread (like coffins, bloodsplattered furniture, more sinister items, bats) are really great! :smile: So it's a pity that the ZOS artists didn't poll some players of what they expect from a new so-called 'vampire' style. Because it wouldn't have been what we ended up getting, for sure.

You know deep down that was kinda bothering me too tbh... I am also a bit disappointed with the vampiric furniture I would at least like them to make the wood black at least if they couldn’t change anything else
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You might have missed this weekend's (and the previous one) luxury vendor. There are a lot of torture devices and things like that as furnishings, compared to other categories. There have been several packs with dark, evil stuff. Also there is a large selection of skeletons, remains, gravestones, etc. All I am saying, if you compare this category with others, this one has quite a selection.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A coffin.

We've got a vampire expansion without coffins. =/
    Edited by ShadowHvo on May 26, 2020 1:31PM
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    After seeing some furniture in the story I would love to see some of those machines with blood in them as well as the blood beakers and such. And I would really love to see the vampire lord gargoyle that comes out of the Harrowstorms, super cool
  • TiberSeptim
    TiberSeptim
    ✭✭✭
    Cameron991 wrote: »
    pbtxuq0ywfi8.png

You know deep down that was kinda bothering me too tbh... I am also a bit disappointed with the vampiric furniture I would at least like them to make the wood black at least if they couldn’t change anything else

everything said here is 100% exactly.
  • TiberSeptim
    TiberSeptim
    ✭✭✭
    pbtxuq0ywfi8.png

everything said here is 100% exactly.
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pbtxuq0ywfi8.png

wait isnt half of those in the picture Alinor??
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kaisernick wrote: »
    pbtxuq0ywfi8.png

wait isnt half of those in the picture Alinor??
    Yes, I made that picture to compare several stylistic overlaps between the so-called 'vampire' and Alinor furniture (monochrome brown wood, arch motifs, spikes, Medieval/Gothic revival vibes). I don't think the artists who designed the 'vampire' furniture made it significantly distinct from Alinor, nor did they make it particularly 'vampiric'.
    • If the vampire vibe is supposed to come from the Gothic arches, well Alinor already had those.
    • If the vampire vibe of the furniture is supposed to come from the spikes, well Alinor has those too, and more angular too (matching the spikes you can see in Bastion Sanguinaris which are also angular).
    • If the vampire vibe is supposed to come from the knotwork motif... then I don't know what to say because there is nothing vampiric about a knotwork motif.
    • And even if they definitely wanted it to have knotwork motifs, they didn't have to make it plain brown wood (could have made it black/gray wood, added fabrics, or something), to make it stand out more from Alinor. Because currently 'vampire' furniture are super similar to Alinor stylistically, more similar than even High Elf is to Alinor and those are supposed to be the same race!
    In a game that already had Alinor, adding these as the 'vampire' furnishings is rather wasted since they don't particularly fulfil a 'vampire' brief, so we lost out on potential actually vampiric furniture (compare the Vampire lamps and the new Vampire statue and well - those do look unique).

Not that there is anything wrong with the pieces themselves (they could have added these as 'Ancestral Breton' or something), but we would have ended up with a better 'vampire' style if they expanded the Daedric furniture and designed matching metallic/fanged beds, dressers, counters, cabinets, etc. (since the Bastion house also features dark metals and spikes as well as snarling vampire faces) so we would have gotten something more fitting and unique.
  • wnights
    wnights
    ✭✭✭
    Also isn't it funny how Alinor furniture almost looks more vampiric than the vampiric furniture? lol

I would have loved to see some dark marble pieces, more metal and that Coldharbour dark stone material. Yes spikes are more or less vampiric and not all vampires are evil but nonetheless some items could be wraped in chains or made of bones and/or flash.
    More velvet and ehm...coffins???
    Also, there is leather in eso and rubedite ore. Why are there no leather furnishings? No ruby colored handles?
    Everythings is just wood wood wood

Some ideas:
    jc4m5fs44400.png
    vsn29aqbybdh.png

After googling some pictures I think I know where ZOSs inspiration came from for the new furniture: just google gothic furniture and you'll get this:

08pw4xbbh7n6.png

Keirah Belmore - Dark elf Magblade
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The word you're searching for is... Lazy.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."