The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Costume Rotation When?

Zulera301
Zulera301
✭✭✭✭✭
As an avid roleplayer and Fashion Scrolls enthusiast, it should come to no one's surprise that I enjoy collecting/purchasing costumes. However, whether it's punishment for not joining the game sooner, or for not having money earlier in my life, there are a handful of costumes that continue to elude me (to be honest, nearly a dozen). I know a few have showed up in crown crates in the last few months, but even then I don't want to waste my gold and crowns on crates just to get an 865th mount I don't want or 12 billion potions I just fodder off, and thus ultimately paying 25,000 crowns for an item that should only be 500-1,000.

I understand the novelty of the LTO costumes and those are fine and dandy. That's not the issue here either. I haven't missed a day of logging in, in years (and Im pretty sure there would have been mention of it somewhere on the website or crown store), and these items have simply not been available. In many cases, the last time they showed up was the Black Fredas sale 2018. some have been absent even longer than that.

ANYWAYS, the whole point Im trying to make here is simply: how about some rotation? we've had the same sets of "regular" costumes in the crown store for years. how about swapping some of them our, or even better yet, just re-adding some of the unavailable ones in? I've got crowns and gold I'm willing to trade for crowns, just waiting to be spent, if the crown store ever brings back the items I have waited literal months/years to obtain.

(for clarity, I'm unsure of the exact names of the outfits in question, other than that at least two are Bosmer, at least two are Redguard, at least three are Imperial, and at least one is Breton. if they ever showed up in the crown store, even if just for a few days, maybe I'd know. xU)

TL;DR—bring back some of the old costumes please? AKA some of the ones that haven't been around for over 12-18 months, perhaps?
Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
"Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Very much in agreement here. I know we got a bunch of costumes taken away around July last year, many have since shown up in crates; and then there was another handful that were discontinued a few months ago.

And of course the fact that no changes have happened in the hairstyles section in a year as well, besides one style disappearing without notice.

I would prefer more things to be purchasable outside of the crates - my 'head markings' and 'body markings' folders are packed with things I'll never use (can we get a button to pin our favorites to the top or hide things we won't use?). But it seems that we only get new things to come in for three days or so, and even then they're rarely ever costumes or hairstyles.

If we're going to have to deal with LTO stuff, can we get more rotations of stock? Based on all of the requests on this forum, there are people begging to give money away...

Incidentally, you can find the names of all of the costumes here: https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/costumes/
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭
    I started ESO not long ago. I found the crown store pretty quickly and found the costumes and thought "oh sweet". I bought one I liked immediately along with a hair style. I planned on checking regularily and buying up each new offering I liked.

I then started checking back from time to time to see what new costumes might be available, nothing changed. After about a month I started searching the internet for information on when the stuff was cycled and only then found out that the costumes in the crown store are mostly static never-ending offerings that never get removed or changed out. The regular trips into the crown store to check out the latest things being offered have as such ended.

It is a huge miss for them not to cycle stuff in and out and have an ever changing group of costume offerings (along with other cosmetics as well such as hair styles, makeup, ect...).

There is huge benefit to ZOS if they can compel people to actually visit the crown store more often to find new interesting things they might want. They had me hooked without doing a thing, when I found out that almost everything is static and every trip into the crown store just showed me the same stuff they lost my interest. It is easy to get it back, they simply have to actually start doing this.
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I started ESO not long ago. I found the crown store pretty quickly and found the costumes and thought "oh sweet". I bought one I liked immediately along with a hair style. I planned on checking regularily and buying up each new offering I liked.

I then started checking back from time to time to see what new costumes might be available, nothing changed. After about a month I started searching the internet for information on when the stuff was cycled and only then found out that the costumes in the crown store are mostly static never-ending offerings that never get removed or changed out. The regular trips into the crown store to check out the latest things being offered have as such ended.

It is a huge miss for them not to cycle stuff in and out and have an ever changing group of costume offerings (along with other cosmetics as well such as hair styles, makeup, ect...).

There is huge benefit to ZOS if they can compel people to actually visit the crown store more often to find new interesting things they might want. They had me hooked without doing a thing, when I found out that almost everything is static and every trip into the crown store just showed me the same stuff they lost my interest. It is easy to get it back, they simply have to actually start doing this.

Well zenimax mainly cares about crown content, as that's what squeezes the wallet most.
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭
    mikejezz wrote: »
    Well zenimax mainly cares about crown content, as that's what squeezes the wallet most.

That is exactly what we are talking about. They are missing the boat on their golden child revenue stream by not utilizing it properly. TBH I think they have too many devs and not enough marketing people working on the crown store. There are a lot of things they could be doing to create far more revenue, and they are simply not doing it.
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glad to know I'm not alone in this. the saddest part is, I'm not evne asking for the LTO stuff to come back, as much as just to cycle through some f the older and newer content more often to bring back some of the old stuff that wasn't necessarily LTO, but that is no longer in the crown store at all.

for how much they love money and prioritize the Crown Store, you'd think ZOS would be on top of this.
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""