The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

New wave of exploiters/cheaters

LinearParadox
LinearParadox
✭✭✭✭✭
So in the last 24 hours I've been in two games where a player (not even the same player each time) exploited an objective up into their spawn.
The first one was a flag in CTF and the second was the Chaosball. Needless to say, both instances skewed the results of the game considerably.
And yes, I have screencaps.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Can we get a reply here?
Edited by LinearParadox on May 7, 2020 11:11AM
twitch.tv/linearparadox
Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
CP 1100+
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Been happening since forever, I always tell my team to report the people who do that.
    Of we never know if any action is taken against said players.
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Been happening since forever, I always tell my team to report the people who do that.

I'm aware it has happened before, but iirc there was a "fix" implemented and I haven't seen it in ages.
    Now it's happening again, which leads me to believe either the fix stopped working, or they've found another way around it, etc.

This is diminishing and degrading my, and other's, gameplay experience.
    It's an unfair, gamebreaking exploit being abused by multiple individuals with no recourse in game and the only workaround is to avoid almost half the gametypes in Battlegrounds.
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    CP 1100+
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm aware it has happened before, but iirc there was a "fix" implemented and I haven't seen it in ages.
    Now it's happening again, which leads me to believe either the fix stopped working, or they've found another way around it, etc.

It's an unfair, gamebreaking exploit being abused by multiple individuals with no recourse in game and the only workaround is to avoid almost half the gametypes in Battlegrounds.

i saw it happening killing a person the moment hes picking up the objective. i didnt see it in ages myself so the timewindow must be rather small and idk what exactly the requirements are
  • Vara
    Vara
    ✭✭✭
    Please patch this ZOS
  • nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »

i saw it happening killing a person the moment hes picking up the objective. i didnt see it in ages myself so the timewindow must be rather small and idk what exactly the requirements are

Can confirm that. This happened to me last week and I wasn't aware of me carrying the Chaosball after I respawned. There was no animation but the map showed the ball on my position, thought it was a UI glitch and was surprised when enemy teams swarmed me.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the recent patch notes:

"Added extra measures to prevent Volendrung from being held longer than intended or being interacted with while dying or moving. This fix should also help improve interactions with the Chaos Ball or Relics in Battleground game modes."
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it looks like a fix is coming. When this happened to me with Volendrung I wondered why the whole server was chasing after me even though I didn't think I had it.

When I've interrogated those who appear to have exploited this in Chaosball and Relic, they professed ignorance.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it looks like a fix is coming. When this happened to me with Volendrung I wondered why the whole server was chasing after me even though I didn't think I had it.

When I've interrogated those who appear to have exploited this in Chaosball and Relic, they professed ignorance.

And when I have, they've played it off.
    I find it difficult to believe that someone could "Accidentally" not only trigger this exploit, but then simultaneously not notice it, while also just happening to remaining in spawn for no other reason >_>
    If they weren't exploiting it, why not jump down after respawning? Nah, they just happened to decide to sit out the rest of the match... with the flag -.-
    I'm sorry but... [censored]

No, they know exactly what they're doing. They just don't want chat logs of them admitting to it.
    Edited by Psiion on May 13, 2020 10:30PM
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    CP 1100+
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »

I had it once happening to me. Got killed while picking up the ball. There was no indication on my character or in my UI that i had the ball or that my team had the ball. The UI was actually showing the ball as neutral. When i camee out of spawn i wondered why everysone was following me. Then i got killed and dropped the ball.

Since i saw it happening to me i have my doubts that it can be easily exploited. My guess is that the player who had this bug happening was from the team that was already heavily camped and simply stayed in spawn because there was no point of leaving it.
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An old bug in ESO returning after several years of patches later???? I’ll add it to the list...#1,374 I believe.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alomar wrote: »
    An old bug in ESO returning after several years of patches later???? I’ll add it to the list...#1,374 I believe.

If you ever work in Software development you will learn that this is not uncommon and in some cases its not even the developers fault that it happens.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least some people are doing this deliberately, and it has nothing to do with being spawn camped or anything. There was one instance in a Capture the Relic game a couple days ago where one player was holding my team's relic in his spawn for quite some time, while I had theirs. Coincidentally, as soon as my debuff got bad enough that I was unable to heal, and thus died, he hopped down from spawn and captured the relic.
  • buzzclops
    buzzclops
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    At least some people are doing this deliberately, and it has nothing to do with being spawn camped or anything. There was one instance in a Capture the Relic game a couple days ago where one player was holding my team's relic in his spawn for quite some time, while I had theirs. Coincidentally, as soon as my debuff got bad enough that I was unable to heal, and thus died, he hopped down from spawn and captured the relic.

I am probably not allowed to name anyone but on ps4 NA there are 2 players (every bger knows them) that do this deliberately. They have been for years. It works with the chaos ball too. All they do is queu for flag games. they run max speed 40khp tank builds that do nothing else than run and glitch objectives. It is really annoying it literally makes flag games unplayable.