Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Telvanni Paintings and Velothi Triptychs

Jaraal
Jaraal
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
These are probably the rarest furnishings in the game. Have you ever found one? And if so, how did you get it?

My understanding is that they can be found in treasure chests, thieves troves, and safeboxes, in the Vvardenfell zone only. Have any of you gotten one from a different type of container, or from pickpocketing? I also heard there was a problem with laundering the stolen paintings, has that been fixed?
RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found one from the chest/containers in homes you steal from. I forget the correct name (7am and no coffee yet)

I got it during the time they were bugged and you couldn't clear the stolen status from them. It was a month of very careful gameplay as to not be caught with that...
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the insight. I’ve opened hundreds of those safeboxes, nothing good yet. I’ll certainly keep trying!
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else?
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found a small Telvanni painting in a master chest in Vvardenfell a few days ago. But they must be really rare, I farmed chests when Morrowind was just released and can't remember finding any of them.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, have found a couple of Telvanni ones (in Morrowind), as I used to steal a lot to get gold for houses and plans/furnishings.

Have never found a Triptych, though.
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have never found either :(
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of on topic but I'd say Spool of Red Thread is far rarer; possibly the actual rarest housing item in the game. It's the one I see in the least homes; but that could be because those paintings are in the crown furnishing tab as well.

I've never gotten any of the above though but I've never really tried either.
  • Vinterskald
    Vinterskald
    ✭✭✭
    I only found one so far, in a chest in the last area of Halls of Fabrication (where you hand in the quest at the end). But I rarely go and find chests in Vvardenfell, so I can't really compare if they're somehow more frequent there or not. Never heard of anyone getting it from HoF before, though. :)
    Barra agea ry sou karan.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of on topic but I'd say Spool of Red Thread is far rarer; possibly the actual rarest housing item in the game.

I don't have any firsthand information about that spool, but it would have to be extremely rare to challenge this furnishing for the title of rarest in game:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/481933/

Edited by Jaraal on March 25, 2020 6:37PM
  • InkaAgatha
    InkaAgatha
    Soul Shriven
    jol7f2d09p2g.png
    Got this today from safebox. Also got "Velothi Painting, Classic Waterfall" from safebox couple of months ago. I have opened hundreds of safeboxes and all I can say is that drop rate is super low, but grind was totally worth it. :)
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten two tapestries and a triptych all from safeboxes when I used to steal a ton to pay for my house decorating obsession. The tapestries were identical so I traded one for a telvanni painting. About had a heart attack each time I looted one XD
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news for those looking for these paintings, from the Public Test Server patch notes:

xFZMF2O.png
  • bazanar
    bazanar
    a couple months in and i found a telvanni picture and also the triptych. it was from different chests both in Vvanderfel. unfortunately i sold them, since i was not that into housing at the time. now I would hang them proudly in my gallery.

I remeber also finding an epic dwarven furnishing recipe, and selling them well under price. because i thought TTC was broken or somthing. Im sure someone was really happy.
  • Batgirl
    Batgirl
    ✭✭✭
    I looted one telvanni painting from a chest in vHoF.
    bwd5d2sax54a.png
    Edited by Batgirl on April 30, 2020 1:41PM
  • HelathAndrethi
    HelathAndrethi
    ✭✭✭
    Telvanni Paintings and Velothi Panels (very similar to the Triptychs) are available for purchase with 610 crowns each in the Home Decorator. They are giftable. Given the rate on NA these days they're MUCH cheaper than the ones found in chests.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Telvanni Paintings and Velothi Panels (very similar to the Triptychs) are available for purchase with 610 crowns each in the Home Decorator. They are giftable. Given the rate on NA these days they're MUCH cheaper than the ones found in chests.

True, unless you loot them yourself, obviously.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I were to find one of these I'd be ecstatic! But since they are so rare I would be very tempted to sell it. A guildie of mine recently paid 1.5 million gold for a triptych. I could use 1.5 million gold!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, but the unbridled joy you get when you find something like this is something to cherish. The furnishing in your house reminds you of it every time you see it.

I’ve never found anything of value in Vvardenfell for years but I keep trying.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• HelathAndrethi
    HelathAndrethi
    ✭✭✭

Yes, but the unbridled joy you get when you find something like this is something to cherish. The furnishing in your house reminds you of it every time you see it.

I’ve never found anything of value in Vvardenfell for years but I keep trying.

Absolutely, and they will never devalue (coz they're super rare) should you decide to sell them for a ton of gold one day.

A side note, the pinnacle of lootable furnishings in Morrowind is this, I've never ever seen a single piece of it and only seen it listed on TTC once:

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/morrowind-banner-of-the-6th-house/

It's ONLY available as ultra rare loot in Forgotten Wastes. It's so rare that rumor has it the finder can revive Dagoth Ur himself with it and be generously rewarded for their loyalty.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be noted that in addition to Telvanni paintings and Velothi tryptiches, there are also Velothi paintings and Velothi tapestries to be found, as well as shrouds. I have found a couple of the Velothi shrouds in Dreloth tomb urns.

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/?s=Velothi

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got one in a chest while doing vvardenfell surveys a few months ago, sold it for 600k
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    It should be noted that in addition to Telvanni paintings and Velothi tryptiches, there are also Velothi paintings and Velothi tapestries to be found, as well as shrouds. I have found a couple of the Velothi shrouds in Dreloth tomb urns.

I got two of those Velothi shrouds and a Velothi prayer mat from the same location. Also, about 50 of those small Velothi Caisson, Crypt urns. I don’t know if any of those items are worth anything, though.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I got two of those Velothi shrouds and a Velothi prayer mat from the same location. Also, about 50 of those small Velothi Caisson, Crypt urns. I don’t know if any of those items are worth anything, though.

Does your character that gets these know a lot of furnishing recipes?

I have one character that learns all the furnishing plans I find, and I've discovered that he finds significantly more of those stand alone furnishing items (Velothi shrouds, mats, and urns) than my other characters that I run through the Vvardenfell tombs.

Anyone else notice this?
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Does your character that gets these know a lot of furnishing recipes?

I have one character that learns all the furnishing plans I find, and I've discovered that he finds significantly more of those stand alone furnishing items (Velothi shrouds, mats, and urns) than my other characters that I run through the Vvardenfell tombs.

Anyone else notice this?

Yeah, I do my furnishing plan farming with my main character which is my grand master crafter and furniture plan collector. I feel like I should get better results with her but lately (six months or so) she’s hardly found anything at all.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Amethyst_Unearthed
    Amethyst_Unearthed
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen any of these dropping recently? HoF ? Safe boxes? Chests? I enjoy faming these high end items.... tho my RNG is trash in everything... im hopeful that one day ill be blessed with at least average RNG lol ... but any tips, hints or info on finding theses rare paintings would be awesome! Thx

XBOX ONE PLAYER
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a triptych and a large painting within a week of each other, both from safe boxes. But that was 6+ months ago… haven’t had any since.
    Edited by RevJJ on January 21, 2023 10:33PM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RevJJ wrote: »
    I got a tryptich and a large painting within a week of each other, both from safe boxes. But that was 6+ months ago… haven’t had any since.

Can you say what section of the zone it was? I've opened thousands of safeboxes in Vvardenfell and never found an art piece. I think I must be looking in the wrong area.
  • Diebesgut
    Diebesgut
    ✭✭✭✭
    InkaAgatha wrote: »
    jol7f2d09p2g.png

... get this from a lonely guild trader somewhere... only 300 Gold, i was very happy 😻

Khajiit Sicherheitsdienst ~ Überprüfung von Schlössern aller Art ~ Khajiit Security ~ Inspection of any kind of locks
    Khajiit Gebrauchtwaren ~ Handel mit Waren aller Art ~ Khajiit Store ~ Trading of any kind of goods
    Playstation
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Diebesgut wrote: »
    InkaAgatha wrote: »
    jol7f2d09p2g.png

... get this from a lonely guild trader somewhere... only 300 Gold, i was very happy 😻

Remembered a case when someone listed a similar piece for a common painting price, had to buy it and send back to the seller informing about the gold mine he had almost gave away for free lmao.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are also versions of the triptychs you can buy through the housing editor --- i bought all three and then sold the three triptychs i had previously bought for a psychotic amount of gold