Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

King Bazrag and the Daggerfall Covenant

Consulor
Consulor
Greetings!

It has been almost 5 years since the Orisnium DLC has been released. Did we finally get any confirmation that the Orsimer are still part of the Daggerfall Covenant or is this issue still unresolved? As far as I remember it was often discussed on the forum whether the Orsimer officially left the Covenant by the time of the coronation of the new king. He had been opposed to the idea of human-orc alliance but as the story progressed he realised that such an alliance may be necessary for his people to survive. It's kind of a shame that we didn't get any scene or dialogue concerning Emeric signing a new agreement with Bazrag or something similar.

What is the current state of Orsinium then? It it a member of the DC?
Thank you in advance for any response!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unresolved.
    Given that ESO hasn't progressed time-line wise, we're still sitting exactly where we were when we finished Orsinium. No further content has touched on King Bazrag's actions.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't seem to find the dialogue anywhere but I've always remembered one conversation at or near the end being something along the lines of, while he still doesn't much like the idea of the alliance, he realizes that for now that he needs to go and talk to Emeric to reaffirm the alliance because if he doesn't then he knows within weeks there will be Breton and Redguard siege camps surrounding the city again.

That last part about Breton and Redguards arriving within weeks, sticks out in particular in my memory.
  • Consulor
    Consulor
    Robo_Hobo wrote: »
    I can't seem to find the dialogue anywhere but I've always remembered one conversation at or near the end being something along the lines of, while he still doesn't much like the idea of the alliance, he realizes that for now that he needs to go and talk to Emeric to reaffirm the alliance because if he doesn't then he knows within weeks there will be Breton and Redguard siege camps surrounding the city again.

That last part about Breton and Redguards arriving within weeks, sticks out in particular in my memory.

I. Are you worried that without a king the city might make a tempting target? "The thought has crossed my mind. At least under Kurog, as part of the Daggerfall Covenant, we were considered strong. We had allies. That's something I need to think about. I used to dismiss Kurog and his deals with our enemies. Now I'm not so sure."

II. Are you thinking of withdrawing from the alliance? "Emeric's agreement was with Kurog, not the clan chiefs. We need to discuss our options and make a decision, hopefully before the next siege camp sets up outside our walls."

I think that you are referring to these two dialogues. To be honest I am almost sure that Bazrag decided to sign a new treaty with Emeric because it would just be for the best when it comes to Orsinium. The alliance made them somehow relevant in the world and I think that Bazrag is wise enough to consider having the Bretons and Redguards as allies or at least I think so.
  • Foefaller
    Foefaller
    ✭✭✭
    Because anything in the game can happen in any order, (which is why it's technically always 2E 582) I'm not sure if ZoS will pick up after the Orsinium plotline.

On the flipside, their trend since Summerset of bringing back characters whose presence and fate make absolutely no sense *unless* it occurred after the events of the main quest or previous DLC makes me wonder if there is an off-chance they'll still do something with Bazrag in the future.

I could see something like in Southern Elsweyr where you have a questline that might involve the Orcs of Orsinium or Bazarg homself (as either a clan chief or as King depending on if you've completed Orsinium yet) with a final set of quests that unlock once you've completed both storylines.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is definitely a loose thread that could use tying up. We haven't seen it addressed at all since Orsinium, but there's also been no indication that the Orcs aren't still part of the Covenant. Honestly it would disrupt way too much if the Orcs weren't part of the Covenant, so I can't see ZOS pulling them out. (What would Orc players do in PvP, for example?) But it would be really nice to have it confirmed that the clan chiefs decided to stay in the alliance, just for closure's sake.

Along similar lines, I really hope we get to see how High King Emeric reacts to the death of his friend and ally (especially if it was a Hero of the Covenant who killed him).
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA