The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Why doesn't PvP(Campaign) take the K/D and Stats route?

ibo2144
ibo2144
I think if PVP(Campaign) added the K/D side to the game it would attract a lot of people. If campaign took your stats as soon as you got in and left the campaign realm stating kills, deaths, damage , heals and etc a lot more people would play the game. Just how other games are when it comes to PVP. If kill streak achievements were added, people would try and achieve them. Also there should be a leaderboard in PVP for each category. [kills, damage taken (tanks), heals, K/D]
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ibo2144 wrote: »
    I think if PVP(Campaign) added the K/D side to the game it would attract a lot of people. If campaign took your stats as soon as you got in and left the campaign realm stating kills, deaths, damage , heals and etc a lot more people would play the game. Just how other games are when it comes to PVP. If kill streak achievements were added, people would try and achieve them. Also there should be a leaderboard in PVP for each category. [kills, damage taken (tanks), heals, K/D]

As a solo player I’d love to see that, but unfortunately most of cyro is zergs and i think if they saw how bad their stats were they would be more discouraged to play.
    Options
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would need to be KBs only, participation rewards only promote zerging.

Classes would need separate leaderboards else magsorcs and magplars will be the only class able to reach the top.
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If it works anything like BGs kill counter, it will be meaningless anyway.
    Options
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    K/D/A does more harm than good most the time. I hear people complaining about how me killing them messed with their ratio but in all honesty that stupid number will hold you back a lot. Better off just dying as much as you want and maybe learning something from it. In battlegrounds it isn't as big as a deal since there are more rigid objectives.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

Classes would need separate leaderboards else magsorcs and magplars will be the only class able to reach the top.

Yes, we need more wrath spam.
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    ThePedge wrote: »

Yes, we need more wrath spam.

Wrath is now being used by zergs of health sorcs in CP now that they realized that you can stack an unlimited number of it on a target. No matter who it is, they will die once their hp drops into the skill's execute range, couple that with lag and I'm surprised I haven't seen more zergs of sorcs besides one JPN group.
    Options
  • AlAbaster
    AlAbaster
    ✭✭
    Kill/Death ratios promote overly cautious play that is not going to be conducive to a large-scale siege based PvP environment. You have to be willing to die … sometimes repeatedly … to prevail in Cyrodil. K/D would subvert that.
    The Obsolete Man
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AlAbaster wrote: »
    Kill/Death ratios promote overly cautious play that is not going to be conducive to a large-scale siege based PvP environment. You have to be willing to die … sometimes repeatedly … to prevail in Cyrodil. K/D would subvert that.

Agreed. The most fun I have in Cyrodiil is running through a wall breach with guildmates with oil pouring on our heads and siege raining on us as we try to heal through and find a safe spot to start sieging the building. Why should anyone care how many times they die?
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on May 13, 2020 2:39PM
    Options
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k/d kills every team based game because it become the only thing which people care about.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    K/D is not the sole objective of Cyrodiil. It is not even the main objective. As such it offers little meaning.

We already have a meter for Cyrodiil, it is our rank.
    Options
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It wouldn't really be any sort of indicator of skill in ESO. Some classes don't have access to an execute, and can very easily get their kills "stolen." And would a bomber build with Vicious Death, who gets most of their kills against weak zergs, really be a "better" player who's more deserving of recognition than someone who gets more deaths and fewer kills, but does so against top-notch small group or solo players?
    Options
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ibo2144 wrote: »
    If kill streak achievements were added, people would try and achieve them. Also there should be a leaderboard in PVP for each category. [kills, damage taken (tanks), heals, K/D]

That wouldnt fit the objective of the area. Cyrodiil doesnt exist for kills, it exists for conquering. Kills are whats happening on the side, but the main objective is to conquer the map. If you would add these type of Achievments you would do an error that many other games did before, you would reward players that ignore the objective and promote mindless zerging.
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, not needed at all.

Cyro PVP is a team effort by the faction and its not just about killing players, its about controlling the map.
    We have AP that is rewarded for doing stuff on the map, including killing players and the leaderboard is based on that.

This isnt a FPS pvp game where stuff like K/D ratio matters.
    If you want to track your kills and K/D ratio, if youre on PC there is an addon that does that called Kill Counter that will tell you those things if you want to track it and wont impact the campaign.
    Edited by Katahdin on May 14, 2020 5:16AM
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • orion_1981usub17_ESO
    orion_1981usub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You.... and all your stats... dont matter. The faction matters. It's sad that so few understand this very simple concept. If you care about being an individual then IC is your neck of the woods since telvar can be measured... and you can be an individual.
    Edited by orion_1981usub17_ESO on May 14, 2020 7:54PM
    Options