Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update: Greymoor Availability for PlayStation 4 on PlayStation Store

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone,

We have an update for you all about the Greymoor Chapter's availability on PlayStation4.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor will be available for purchase on PlayStation Store for PlayStation®4 on June 9. Anyone who purchases the new Chapter – any digital version – between June 9 and June 22 on PlayStation Store will automatically receive the Gift with Purchase rewards (seen below, available previously to other platforms as Pre-Purchase rewards.)
ESOG_PREORDER_PSN_STD_1920x1080_EN.jpg

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Edited by ZOS_SarahHecker on July 13, 2020 1:08PM
Staff Post
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can you advise on the cost please? For the different versions too please. ie Full fat game or just light digital upgrade.

£ & $ & € as that would be helpful.

Thank you. .
  • AuraKoimizu
    AuraKoimizu
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the update.
  • joedaniel
    joedaniel
    ✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Can you advise on the cost please? For the different versions too please. ie Full fat game or just light digital upgrade.

£ & $ & € as that would be helpful.

Thank you. .

you should probably just go by what they sell for on the stores for Xbox and Steam, etc, they’ll be the same... in the US it’s $39.99 for just the upgrade and $49.99 for the collectors edition upgrade. I just wish I knew why this one time it couldn’t be pre-ordered!
    Edited by joedaniel on May 14, 2020 2:47PM
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @joedaniel

I would but when I googled it there was such a variety of options & prices it wasn’t very clear!

That’s what I liked about pre-ordering - could budget/save - now have rough idea of cost but of course would like the exact amount!
  • blackspelldeath
    blackspelldeath
    Soul Shriven
    A while back, there was another prepurchase pack that had Death hound mount and pet included- what about that pack? I was really wanting the death hounds
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A while back, there was another prepurchase pack that had Death hound mount and pet included- what about that pack? I was really wanting the death hounds

The Death Hound pet and mount come in the Collector's Edition of Greymoor. If you purchase that version, you will still get those items.
    Staff Post
  • joedaniel
    joedaniel
    ✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    @joedaniel

I would but when I googled it there was such a variety of options & prices it wasn’t very clear!

That’s what I liked about pre-ordering - could budget/save - now have rough idea of cost but of course would like the exact amount!

yeah it’s not convenient, but that’s why i’m saying not to google, go to actual xbox.com or the Steam website as if you were going to order, so you can search by Greymoor and see what’s there.. the general rule is that there’s a regular and collectors edition, one that is for new gamers and one that is for owners of the game just getting Greymoor.

It’s basically the same with physical except there’sa physical collectors edition that’s much more expensive and has a statue and everything. Much easier than Googling and finding everything there is on the internet which might not always be first hand information :) Even going to elderscrollsonline.com has a pre-purchase guide.
  • joedaniel
    joedaniel
    ✭✭

It’s still there, it’s in the digital collectors edition upgrade!
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    So the title of this article specifically states: “ WHY CAN’T PS4 PLAYERS PRE-PURCHASE GREYMOOR?“ and yet we aren’t given any reasoning on why we can’t preorder it just that we can order it day of.

- Why can’t PS4 players preorder? This seems to be the one question that is constantly being avoided on answering.
    - How big is this download going to be and will PS4 players actually get a chance to play it day of since we can’t preorder and start the download immediately upon availability?

As a PS4 player I want to know if this is what we can expect for all releases moving forward? Is it Playstation that is preventing the ability to preorder?

Suggestion: Make our PS4 accounts transferable to a different platform (like PC) so we switch to platforms that actually support the game. I’d move to PC if it wasn’t for loosing out on 5 years of gameplay/character building.
    Edited by iamkeebler on May 14, 2020 3:41PM
  • seps42
    seps42
    ✭✭
    iamkeebler wrote: »
    So the title of this article specifically states: “ WHY CAN’T PS4 PLAYERS PRE-PURCHASE GREYMOOR?“ and yet we aren’t given any reasoning on why we can’t preorder it just that we can order it day of.

- Why can’t PS4 players preorder? This seems to be the one question that is constantly being avoided on answering.
    - How big is this download going to be and will PS4 players actually get a chance to play it day of since we can’t preorder and start the download immediately upon availability?

As a PS4 player I want to know if this is what we can expect for all releases moving forward? Is it Playstation that is preventing the ability to preorder?

Suggestion: Make our PS4 accounts transferable to a different platform (like PC) so we switch to platforms that actually support the game. I’d move to PC if it wasn’t for loosing out on 5 years of gameplay/character building.

This
  • joedaniel
    joedaniel
    ✭✭

That may be true, but I think it’s a little extreme to say the game isn’t being supported just because of a one time issue with a pre-order. I’m sure it’s gotta be something with Sony but on the other hand they have plenty of other games available for pre-order at any given time including now. Hopefully this is just a one time issue, but maybe one day they’ll do cross platform play at some point, or at least an account transfer.
  • scelesticscylla

The reason why ps4 cant pre purchase is because of a SONY vs ZOS issue. Im not sure on the exact details, but SONY has some terms of service stuff that doesnt agree with ZOS stuff, so they are stuck at this kind of cross roads where this is the only agreement they seem to have come up with. So for now, ull still have the option of getting the game with the collectibles as if u pre ordered, but cannot actually pre get the game. Sucks that it has to be this way, but until SONY and ZOS can work things out this is how its gunna be it seems.
    @CAS1NOVA
    Main heals /tank

GUILDS
    Divine Crusade
    Real Guild Best Guild
    The Kind Kwamas
    Hard Dungeoneers
    The Four Musketeers
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The reason why ps4 cant pre purchase is because of a SONY vs ZOS issue. Im not sure on the exact details, but SONY has some terms of service stuff that doesnt agree with ZOS stuff, so they are stuck at this kind of cross roads where this is the only agreement they seem to have come up with. So for now, ull still have the option of getting the game with the collectibles as if u pre ordered, but cannot actually pre get the game. Sucks that it has to be this way, but until SONY and ZOS can work things out this is how its gunna be it seems.

You have a link to any of this information? I keep seeing people parrot the "Its Sonys fault" and even going so far as to claim they have more insight into this than the rest of us with no source to back it up.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • Zartoll
    Zartoll
    ✭✭

Totally agree. No information given as to why PS4 Pre-purchase was excluded without precedence. "Updated" this issue without that information and without providing pertinent information about pricing.

I also support the suggestion that we be allowed to transfer our PS4 account to the PC. I've been playing since the EA period so restarting my account on the PC is a no-go.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1) Maybe they can’t say due to ongoing discussions between Sony & Zos.

2) It has been explained repeatedly that they are not able to transfer accounts between console & pc.

3) Even if pre-ordered would still gave to download on the day when goes live. Now it might just take a couple of minutes or so more, depending on how long it takes you to go into the ps store & then click on ‘purchase’. Not exactly hard.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could have something to do with Covid-19, maybe not as many people working at Sony to program the pre-order in etc.
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could have something to do with Covid-19, maybe not as many people working at Sony to program the pre-order in etc.

This has been a thing since the announcement of the Chapter in January. Long before Covid. This is soley on the shoulders of ZOS and Sony for not fixing this.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just assumed Sony got so many complaints over the error crashes that they pushed for ZOS to address those first. It could be the PS4 build just wasn’t passing Sony’s QA. We can speculate. I really wish they would just tell us. All we got was “it was out of our control.”
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update. June 9 is my bday so it works out nicely! I too wish they could go cross-platform. I started on PC but found I much prefer PS4. I expect the download will take all day, and we can play on the tenth? Anyone had experience with this?
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For the last 3 expansions iirc it did not take too long & was playing quite quickly. Def the case with Summerset as got it done in the morning & even played for a bit before going into work a couple of hours late (washing machine had apparently broken down 🤣)

Now generally take day off & enjoy.

But always use cable not wifi
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) You will NEVER get a PS4 to PC transfer or any other transfer in the future. The PC to PS4 transfer was a ONE TIME thing back during launch due to the servers being fresh and game population still low. Furthermore there wasn’t the risk of a transfer account having matching character names or emails to other players on the system. Live with the PS4 experience as it’ll be guaranteed these are the same servers you’ll deal with when PS5 drops. There will be no new dedicated PS5 or XBOX SERIES X megaservers.

2) Speculation has been that the number of system crashes due to Dragonhold resulted in automatic patch approval being yanked. The sheer number of Dragonhold crashes and players reporting them were way above Sony’s normal pattern and obviously cause for concern. If a DLC update was causing these kinds of issues and headaches, a full game expansion would obviously face greater issues with the amount of changes being made.

3) You’ve lost nothing by not being able to preorder a digital edition. Sure you can’t ride an arguably unspectacular mount for several months prior but honestly there are plenty of other mounts in game with the Indriks being free and vastly superior visual wise.

4) Piggybacking on 4, you will get EVERYTHING as if you preordered on Launch Day. So again no loss there. Physical Collector edition players may have to wait but TBH those players know that in today’s age and times that waiting for the bonuses within are subject to production delays thanks to the pandemic. Those players are in it for the statute and other tangible goods versus immediate gameplay. And with everything going on again it’s not a real loss for small delays.

5) Going forward, remember that a pre-order is designed to build hype. A bonus is just a bonus and ZoS has shown that if you can’t preorder for some reason you can always get that bonus through them making it work.
  • Lorkhai
    Lorkhai
    ✭✭
    Will PS Asia Store get Greymoor at launch? We had to wait weeks for Morrowind and Elsweyr to be available.
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avoranti wrote: »
    I just assumed Sony got so many complaints over the error crashes that they pushed for ZOS to address those first. It could be the PS4 build just wasn’t passing Sony’s QA. We can speculate. I really wish they would just tell us. All we got was “it was out of our control.”

Honestly I hope that's the case because then they're at least being held somewhat accountable for the terrible game performance.
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully Sony has taken notice and gotten complaints how bad the game runs on PS4 currently.

Despite you "focusing" on performance improvements its been actually downhill every patch.

Maybe release an "classic eso" when the game somewhat functioned since currently the it does not.

Really hope Sony has taken a note about this.
    Edited by Miswar on May 16, 2020 3:33AM
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    joedaniel wrote: »

That may be true, but I think it’s a little extreme to say the game isn’t being supported just because of a one time issue with a pre-order. I’m sure it’s gotta be something with Sony but on the other hand they have plenty of other games available for pre-order at any given time including now. Hopefully this is just a one time issue, but maybe one day they’ll do cross platform play at some point, or at least an account transfer.

I'm gonna hazard a guess that a lot of PS4 players (essentially all the ones that PvP, at any rate) feel the game is unsupported for more than just the cluster that was the Greymoor preordering deal. PvP is described as basically unplayable by a large number on our system.

(I don't PvP, so I cannot speak from personal experience; just what I've seen here on the forums and guild chat). There's an entire thread on the issue where the last acknowledgement from ZOS was around Jan/Feb, so folks are feeling rather ignored. We also went through a huuuuuuuge span of time after the Dragonhold update made blue screen crash-to-desktop issue an hourly occurrence everywhere in the game. Took forever to get any acknowledgment of the issue and many of the threads asking about the issue were quickly moved into a "blue screens in trials" thread in the Bugs subforum... even though it was happening everywhere outside of trials, too... in what felt like an attempt to sweep the issue out of site of the General Discussion forum.

Ill will on PS4 has been fomenting for much longer and for more reasons than just Greymoor preorders.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • codierussell
    codierussell
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I have heard is that Sony has pulled there patch privilege and for every patch must work with sony to implement it, as opposed to Sony pre approving the patches that would happen on regularly scheduled dates.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I pvp on PS4 and things are much better than earlier in the year - haven’t had a blue screen/report to Sony kick for a good couple of months.

Love all the conspiracy theories floating around about this. You do know that other games get the blue screen as well? Been watching my teen play latest COD and he gets them.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I have heard is that Sony has pulled there patch privilege and for every patch must work with sony to implement it, as opposed to Sony pre approving the patches that would happen on regularly scheduled dates.

That's pretty much the reason, Sony are just a pain to work with, always have look at the issues with the Skyrim mods over the years... even simple things like crossplay were a pain for a very long time. Sony want to control everything rather then letting the devs or players control anything.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • NiteFire
    NiteFire
    ✭✭✭
    Let's look at more evidence Sony is behind the lack of preorder,
    For example, Maneater the sharkRPG has been heavily hyped for weeks, and is available to preorder everywhere except PlayStation, it releases this week and will be another game we have to purchase on release day. The Division 2 expansion couldn't be pre-ordered till a couple days before release, while on all other platforms it was available a few weeks before. I dunno why Sony is limiting preorders on games now, but it's not just Greymoor Sony's policies are affecting now
  • JessPushToPlay
    JessPushToPlay
    ✭✭✭
    So... if the PS4 Greymoor chapter isn't releasing until the day of the usual PS4 update... I've heard that sometimes PS4 contents don't release at an exact time on Tuesdays. Does this mean if PS4 doesn't get around to releasing their new content updates until later in the day, we don't get access until later also (instead of the usual ZOS morning patch updates)?
    PC & PS4 | NA