The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

question about pets

Xologamer
Xologamer
✭✭✭✭
I have a question: i see in the forum alot of flaming about Sorc / Warden pets while doing crafting writes and i never understood this cause i do everyday with 9chars crafting dailys(for about a year) and i NEVER had anyproblem with pets so why are all this people flaming?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xologamer, pets are only an issue when players are trying to interact with something ... such as the daily pickup on the writ board or at the writ turn-in location.

Most of the time it just takes moving a tiny bit to find interaction. But, it often gets overblown in the forums.

Bottom line: If you're reading this and have pets, be courteous and un-summon them in town. (Quests that require combat in town are an exception.)

Edited by Taleof2Cities on May 11, 2020 3:43AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is not overblown. There have been times where I’ve moved constantly around trying to interact with NPCs and other quest givers that it has taken 5 minutes or more to do so.

Just because you haven’t had a problem with it does not mean it is not a problem for others.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is not overblown. There have been times where I’ve moved constantly around trying to interact with NPCs and other quest givers that it has taken 5 minutes or more to do so.

Just because you haven’t had a problem with it does not mean it is not a problem for others.

yea thats why i asked because i always see guys complaining about pets on crafting dailys (and i do more crafting dailys than average and never had a problem with it )
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in the group who's never had to take more than two steps to the side around a pet in order to interact with what I needed to.

Frankly, the NPC who stands in the middle of the Vivec writ turn-in boxes blocks me far more often. Last Anniversary Event, I thanked somebody who shanked him with the Blade of Woe.

General nit on unsummoning: clicking in the pet buff on your character menu will make them go away.
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 11, 2020 7:13AM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same, once in a GREAT while, I'll have to fiddle around to get a bead on writ turn in location, but that's the rare exception.

And I do writs on 36 characters.

Now, there's a "solution" but it brings up Pacrooti, and people making posts about that :joy:

(That said, combat pets should be coded by ZoS to be non-interactable outside of PvP areas like non-combat pets are, so that it's not an issue from the game itself)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Same, once in a GREAT while, I'll have to fiddle around to get a bead on writ turn in location, but that's the rare exception.

Now, there's a "solution" but it brings up Pacrooti, and people making posts about that :joy:

(That said, combat pets should be coded by ZoS to be non-interactable outside of PvP areas like non-combat pets are, so that it's not an issue from the game itself)

36 what if u have fun with it fine but im even gettign mad with 9 xD
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xologamer wrote: »
    tmbrinks wrote: »

36 what if u have fun with it fine but im even gettign mad with 9 xD

I do. It's my source of income so I don't have to grind other things like monster style pages, furnishing plans, etc.... Throw on a movie, read the news, peruse social media while I do them on the 2nd screen.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All you guys are on PC right? I assume so since you don’t have any other info in your signature.

Now maybe, just maybe, on PS4/NA it’s much worse than where you are. It could even vary depending on what city you do your crafting. It could vary on the time of day or whether it’s a weekday or weekend.

[snip]

To be honest, the crafting stations aren’t bad but event quest givers are. I tried to upload some images to another thread about this same topic when I upgraded my Mac OS but was having problems getting it to work here on the forums.

[Minor edit for bait.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on May 12, 2020 8:16PM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yea thats why i asked because i always see guys complaining about pets on crafting dailys (and i do more crafting dailys than average and never had a problem with it )

There are many people with more 'toons than you have (I have 15) who do writs every day.

That gives many of those people more chances every day to have issues with pets standing in the way than you have run into.

The frustration is cumulative.
    Some people with pets stand in front of writ boards and writ turn in nodes for extended periods of time, probably going through their inventory and completely oblivious to the number of people who come and go around them while their screen is covered with the inv window, and either don't know or don't care how much congestion they cause.

I knew one player who used to talk about turning in writs, opening the interactive window and going to pour coffee and have a smoke because the server would give him more time before logging him out for inactivity.
    Thats not the only time or place people do that, and I have no problem assuming some players do it just to grief other players because reasons.

A lot of people complain about the resulting issue with pets because they have issues with other people's pets and you stating that you don't have issues doesn't change that.

The game assumes that players tend to be civil and mature in their game play especially where other players are present..
    Some players aren't capable of being either civil or mature.
    And some players revel in causing issues to players they don't know because the other players have no recourse.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Xologamer
    Xologamer
    ✭✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »

There are many people with more 'toons than you have (I have 15) who do writs every day.

That gives many of those people more chances every day to have issues with pets standing in the way than you have run into.

Some people with pets stand in front of writ boards and writ turn in nodes for extended periods of time, probably going through their inventory and completely oblivious to the number of people who come and go around them while their screen is covered with the inv window, and either don't know or don't care how much congestion they cause.

I knew one player who used to talk about turning in writs, opening the interactive window and going to pour coffee and have a smoke because the server would give him more time before logging him out for inactivity.
    Thats not the only time or place people do that, and I have no problem assuming some players do it just to grief other players because reasons.

A lot of people complain about the resulting issue with pets because they have issues with other people's pets and you stating that you don't have issues doesn't change that.

The game assumes that players tend to be civil and mature in their game play especially where other players are present..
    And some players revel in causing issues to players they don't know because the other players have no recourse.

Where are u doing ur writs ? in which city
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »

Where are u doing ur writs ? in which city

Does it matter?
    Is this a test?
    Mostly the AD maps, Auridon, Rawl'Kha, Marbruk.
    Sometimes in Alinor or Rimmen.
    Sometimes in Belkarth.

It frequently depends on whether I left a crafter in a city and just log into that 'toon for a few days for crafting writs only, or I've gone to a city to check guild vendor spots for motifs I don't yet have. There are a lot of guild vendor hubs I go to that I don't even consider crafting writs and turning them in because they're inconvenient (Grahtwood, Orsinium) or dismal (Mournhold, Shornhelm).
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a question: i see in the forum alot of flaming about Sorc / Warden pets while doing crafting writes and i never understood this cause i do everyday with 9chars crafting dailys(for about a year) and i NEVER had anyproblem with pets so why are all this people flaming?

Fantastic that you and the vocal minority don't have problems with this.

Many more do. I do lots of writs. For a long time. Long ago there was a bug that caused sorc pets to despawn when their summoner entered dungeons or changed zones and, while this bug existed, sorc pets were not a problem because there was no point for a sorc summoning pets in anything other than places where they actually needed them. Then zos 'fixed' the bug and now sorcs are trailed by perma-pets. Oddly enough, even further back in the timeline, zos fixed sorc pets so they were further back from the caster because - you guessed it - they annoyed the hell out of the summoner. Which, of course displaced the problem to every other player.

Then came warden bears....

For those who have encountered the bear parked exactly over the writ turn in point so it CANNOT be interacted with will recognise it as the horrendous problem it is. Equally, those who have tried to interact with a banker or other in-game object only to have the constant irritation of a flappy sorc pet in your virtual face will likewise understand. Those others who claim to be unaffected will downplay the gigantic annoyance it actually is to everyone who is not running a warden or pet sorc. The notion of 'just side-stepping' is silly and disengenuous because more often than not you can't because it makes no difference and also because the offending pet owner is often likewise moving. In any case, why should I have to? At best/worst pets should only be active/visible during combat.

Solutions: toggle switch to make your pets invisible to me[action transparency is not enough - they hog far too much of the visual field with incredibly annoying motion, they need to be truly invisible]. Those that enjoy dancing around the craft areas/towns/npc can continue to enjoy that game while I and the countess others genuinely affected by this preventable and solvable nonsense can just switch it off...ah peace at last! Thanks, zos.
    Edited by deleted221106-002999 on May 12, 2020 5:12PM
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the problem with pets at crafting stations and turn-in hubs is more amplified for console users because we lack the targeting finesse that PC users can employ with a mouse vs our touchy controllers. We have to position our targeting reticle with a very imprecise thumbpad whereas I'm sure those with gaming-specific PCs are set up with a superb keyboard and hyper-responsive mouse, so targeting the crafting station hitbox between pets and npcs is much easier.

On a similar note, I would wager if we could somehow pull up the data of how many "owned" items were accidentally looted/stolen from the writ turn in locales between the megaservers, it would be significantly higher on console because of this very reason also.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doesn't happen to me often and yes, you can generally maneuver around the sorc pet, but the stupid bear covers the entire crate. Honestly, other than griefers doing it on purpose, which I have come across, so I switched instances, the main issue could easily be solved by ZOS, by simply moving the spot the pet stops and hangs at by default, covering a turn in crate should not be allowed. Or just make a no pet zone for 30' around any banker, turn in area, or wayshire, enter the area... pet poofs.

Honestly, I have seen more griefers parking pets on wayshrines than writ crates, but it is annoying when it happens either way.
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    I find it particularly annoying in the bank.