Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Percent of damage done mechanics

FrancisCrawford
FrancisCrawford
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
When a skill such as Puncturing Sweeps or a set such as Bahraha's Curse or Overwhelming Surge heals or returns magicka as a percentage of damage done, is this all damage done by the AoE? Or is it confined to a single target?

Is there any other confusion or bugs one should be alert to?

Thanks!

• Sange13
    Sange13
    ✭✭✭
    In the case of P. Sweeps, it's all damage dealt by that skill. MagPlar survivability scales upward with number of enemies you can damage--until you get CC'd.
    IGN: Sange-13
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sange13 wrote: »
    In the case of P. Sweeps, it's all damage dealt by that skill. MagPlar survivability scales upward with number of enemies you can damage--until you get CC'd.

Yeah. I was sure enough of that that I probably shouldn't have included it as a question. :)

On the other hand, I've never tested those proc sets.
  • Sange13
    Sange13
    ✭✭✭
    On my PvE MagPlar I run Cyrodiil's Light, War Maiden, and Grothdarr. It's really strong for solo play and normal/vet dungeons. Haven't tested it in trials, but for that I probably would swap out Cyro's for Julianos, Mother's Sorrow, or Soulshine.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sange13 wrote: »
    On my PvE MagPlar I run Cyrodiil's Light, War Maiden, and Grothdarr. It's really strong for solo play and normal/vet dungeons. Haven't tested it in trials, but for that I probably would swap out Cyro's for Julianos, Mother's Sorrow, or Soulshine.

So not much of your damage is elemental. What do you use for ultimates? How much of your damage is basic attacks? Do you bother with Reflective Light or Vampire's Bane?
  • Sange13
    Sange13
    ✭✭✭
    You can use those, but I find the extra rotational requirement burdensome, so I just use Inner Light for that. If you can fit it onto your bar, it's probably a dps increase, but depends on how exactly you're running the build.