The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamcro Maelstrom build for easy Flawless?

Raudgrani
Raudgrani
✭✭✭✭✭
Looks a bit "off" with the incoming tragedy for Maelstrom weapons, but I don't care - I'm gonna get flawless on my Stamcro even before that, really don't care about farming new "perfected" weapons tbf.
I've had Flawlesss on two toons only prior to this, and that's pretty long ago now. On a full run as werewolf (stamplar) wearing Vicious Ophidian, Vengeance Leech and Troll King. And on a StamDK with same gear.

SO! Any suggestions for gear and skills for an orc Stamina Necromancer?

I'm used to having a bit low damage and more survivability in VMA, but I thought I should try and do it a bit differently this time. I'm thinking like Vicious Ophidian and Two-Fanged Snake, or VO and Briarheart (love that set). I'm not at all sure of monster set. I always carry Velidreth, Stormfist and Selene on that character, as well as a Maelstrom and Dragonstar bow. Only have bow/dw skills leveled btw.

Skills I'm considering are: Ruinous Scythe (over like any Flurry morph, little less damage but good heals and AOE), Whirling Blades, Beast Trap, Camo Hunter and Silver Shards or Poison Skull for ranged attacks (which would be best? Always have problems on Rink of Frozen Blood...). Ultimate: Pestilence Colossus.

For backbar I consider skipping Poison Injection altogether (if not using DSA bow) and having Caltrops instead (for resistance debuff and snare, the damage sucks - I know!) Endless Hail, Consuming Trap, Skeletal Archer and Vigor. Ultimate: Ravenous Goliath(?). I usually have bow ulti or necro resurrect ulti there, as an ulti for bosses when it's too chaotic and I can't reach/target them that easy, or to resurrect dead ones in tricky situations.

I've tried this Consuming Trap skills out a bit, and I'm a total sucker for it. Perfect crutch skill. It's like literally infinite sustain as long as there's trash to kill, the damage of it isn't too bad either - that's why I figure I can go VO/TFS and still be able to have a surplus of sustain and heals. I know Detonating SIphon for example would be a lot better for damage than Caltrops too, but I really like the snare, and it feels like the Fracture debuff really makes a difference.

So what's the best easy mode Stamcro setup!? Am I even leaning in the right direction?
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even on my first attempt (at all on stamcro) i died once in stage 7 with this build due to deadly killing the mage while i was shieldng :neutral: that was the only death on my very first run on stamcro.

I will say it was super easy and i will definately make stamcro my new farm toon for lame perfected weapons.

I ran veli, hundings, VO.

Bar 1: BB, Deadly Cloak, Venom Skull, Consuming trap, Vigor, Colossus
    Bar 2: Hail, Archer, Trap, Mortal Coil, Spirit Guardian, Colossus

Shadow mundus, dubious/arteum food.

Plenty of damage, good sustain and excellent heals and damage mitigation.

Would recommend swapping archer for injection and deadly for elude for last round stage 7.

If flawless is not a concern id drop coil and guardian and stack some more damage.
  • Kalixte
    Kalixte
    ✭✭✭
    Go naked. Only challenge you could achieve as a necromancer right now.
    PC/EU server
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haquor wrote: »
    Even on my first attempt (at all on stamcro) i died once in stage 7 with this build due to deadly killing the mage while i was shieldng :neutral: that was the only death on my very first run on stamcro.

I will say it was super easy and i will definately make stamcro my new farm toon for lame perfected weapons.

I ran veli, hundings, VO.

Bar 1: BB, Deadly Cloak, Venom Skull, Consuming trap, Vigor, Colossus
    Bar 2: Hail, Archer, Trap, Mortal Coil, Spirit Guardian, Colossus

Shadow mundus, dubious/arteum food.

Plenty of damage, good sustain and excellent heals and damage mitigation.

Would recommend swapping archer for injection and deadly for elude for last round stage 7.

If flawless is not a concern id drop coil and guardian and stack some more damage.

Great!

I will definitely consider using Deadly Cloak. Haven't really been using it outside PVP (but the quick one), but since we decided to get a few no death runs in dungeons, it really opened my eyes. Makes a huge difference. Colossus is also a sure backbar choice at the very least, I'm too much in love with the "big daddy" to double slot it I think.
    Made a test run on Normal with a very similar setup, but Detonating Siphon instead of Moral Coil (Coil is probably a lot better), and Briarheart instead of Hunding's. And it seems to be pretty solid, I'm certainly gonna use Beckoning Armor on Rink of Frozen Blood (worst stage ever for me). I have always had the biggest problem there, and stage 7 due to the slight "RNG factor" with these horrible plants, or something accidentally killing the menders (Velidreth or whatever).

I've been busy doing vet DLC dungeons for skins and stuff the last couple of weeks, but I feel that I need to grab the Maelstrom Arena by the horns now. I'm not looking forward to it, but it needs to be done. ;-)
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Det siphon is good for the extra damage and yeah its what i was refering towards if you drop coil. I just love deadly though for damage mitigation amd passive damage when youre ccd or dodging or blocking etc.

You dont have to double bar colossus. If you want throw dbos on frontbar for some quick burst and aoe stun and still get the passive damage from fg.

With blast bones, deadly cloak and heavy attacks from both bow and dw everything dies so quick. Skulls for those guys at range such as in rink. Heaps of damage and plenty of room for heals like guardian and coil for survivability in flawless runs.

You will just benefit like you say from the odd adjustment specifically for stage 5 and 7.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve had a better time in there with 2H instead of DW. VO Briarhearts is really good also. Plus you can pick up a Briarhearts 2H any kind for very cheap.

I like barrier for flawless run, but the bone giant Ult will have the same effect if not better as it damages also and costs the same.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haquor wrote: »
    Det siphon is good for the extra damage and yeah its what i was refering towards if you drop coil. I just love deadly though for damage mitigation amd passive damage when youre ccd or dodging or blocking etc.

You dont have to double bar colossus. If you want throw dbos on frontbar for some quick burst and aoe stun and still get the passive damage from fg.

With blast bones, deadly cloak and heavy attacks from both bow and dw everything dies so quick. Skulls for those guys at range such as in rink. Heaps of damage and plenty of room for heals like guardian and coil for survivability in flawless runs.

You will just benefit like you say from the odd adjustment specifically for stage 5 and 7.

Dawnie hits very hard there (many Daedra), yes - and with the extra wpn dmg is very nice too for execute phase. I even have extra daggers of the sets I use, with Prismatic Enchants, that I use over my normal ones for contents with lots of Daedra/Undead things.
    I just need to get Elude, and I will give this a try! Beckoning Armor was excellent on Stage 5 when I tried it out on Normal a few days ago. My arch nemesis thing in the whole arena, those archers/nereids.

Last time I did it on vet at all was quite recently on a bow/bow StamDK, with Relequen and Tzogvin, it was a total ****storm for sure! I just wanted Stormproof on him (and to prepare for this run), nowhere close to Flawless there! LOL

Always found the final stage among the easiest in the game. As long as you just run around the Cremator deadroths while killing them, and use Immovable pots for upstairs, it's silly easy. Just get the crystals down real low, and break them all at second go. I always pick all the buffs before engaging the boss when crystals are down, after that it's so fast.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I’ve had a better time in there with 2H instead of DW. VO Briarhearts is really good also. Plus you can pick up a Briarhearts 2H any kind for very cheap.

I like barrier for flawless run, but the bone giant Ult will have the same effect if not better as it damages also and costs the same.

You go with some kind of Brawler approach then? I have tried bow/bow necro setup, which is very good in for example Halls of Fabrication, but I don't think it will be great for VMA. Haven't been using any 2H builds at all in PVE, not since like 2017 at least. I might even have some golded out Briarheart 2H left from an old PVP Stamsorc build.