The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

They should just rename the ESO+m Appreciation program the Monthly Statuette delivery

gabriebe
gabriebe
✭✭✭✭✭
We had a Mara costume the first month and it's only been statuettes ever since... did you guys just discontinue any effort toward this or what?
Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Elderscrollian
    Elderscrollian
    ✭✭✭
    The statues have definitely lost their novelty, like you I had HOPED for some variation in the reward.
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything cool HAS to be sold for crowns or even gems, duh

• Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second month. First was Molag Bal statuette (November '18), second was Mara costume and Vivec statuette (December '18).

All my collectibles are blending into each other at this point, so I'll sub to ESO+ because I want ESO+. The bonuses are just that. Nice to have, but don't make or break my choice to subscribe.
    signing off
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, when they started this promo I thought we'll get more than just statuettes. At least that's what they sold it as. And the statuettes are starting to become mundane. The Daedric Princes, Divines and even the Three were cool ideas that allowed to make little shrines for those gods, but now we're getting some random miniaturised statues of some cats from the game that were easy to shrink.

EDIT: And before anyone starts to call me entitled. I subscribe to ESO+ because I like ESO+. The statues are a nice bonus but at this point they're just a clutter in my collectibles tab. They originally sold the idea much differentely. There were supposed to be many things available, not just statues. Bah, the original article doesn't even mention statues. Here's what it says:
    Exclusive Free Items

With this update, ESO Plus members will be able to acquire free collectibles from the in-game Crown Store. The free items will only be available to ESO Plus members and will be indicated in gold text labeled “Free” next to the Chalice icon. Free items will be added to the Crown Store only on rare occasions and for a very limited time.

One of the free ESO Plus member-exclusive items includes a unique collectible: the Priestess of Mara costume. Note that the new costume will not be available immediately, but will arrive in the Crown Store later in the year.

Exclusive Crown Store Deals

With ESO Plus membership-exclusive deals, you’ll be able to acquire select Crown Store items at a special, discounted price. The discounted items will be in the Crown Store with gold text and a Chalice icon. The items available at a membership-exclusive discount can change often (and some might only be available as part of a limited-time offer), so be sure to check the Crown Store on occasion to see what is available.

Exclusive Crown Store Items

In additional to unique deals, ESO Plus members will also gain access to exclusive Crown Store items. These exclusive items may be available for sale for Crowns or even free (as mentioned above). These items can include collectibles such as costumes, pets, mounts, and more, and will be identified by the gold text and Chalice icon. Like the exclusive deals, these items can change often, so be sure to keep an eye out.
    Source: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/54825

So yeah, I'd prefer less frequent things with some substance to them. They talked costumes, pets, mounts and we got one costume and 15 statues so far. Color me unimpressed. We get a slight discount here and there, those exclusive items that were sold for Crowns only to ESO+ subscribers were dropped completely, which is good imho, I'm not a fan of stuff like that. You know, pay us so you'll have the opportunity to pay us more. What a bargain.

Anyway, the bottom line is that if they're just going to peddle more statues to us they might as well drop it at this point.
    Edited by Michae on January 18, 2020 7:46AM
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like them, but there should probably also be other stuff for people who don't.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They do tend have these ideas and then seem to bite off more than they can chew and what starts out promising ends up being something they slapped together. I dont even get those free rewards any more because im tired of the statuettes. I dont mind furniture but can we at least have some other type of furniture? Id take a broken chair at this point just to have some variation.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I LOVED the costume, and I like the statuettes, but yeah, it would be nice if we got something different next month for a change.
    But it's all free, so I'm not going to complain.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't have a problem with them since they are free, just another perk but I do wish they where bigger not huge maybe 3-4 times bigger or about the size of a normal character in game.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like some of them, and I have sometimes subscribed to get a specific statue if it really suited my house, but I agree that they could do with more variety in the items offered. Of course it shouldn't be anything big, but they could offer a pet or a hat or a memnto or something instead of just statues.

(Especially since, if I remember correctly, they count as collectable furnishings and there's a relatively low limit to how many you can have in your house.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't even claim them. I don't bother with housing so I have no use for them.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    I don't even claim them. I don't bother with housing so I have no use for them.

Might as well claim them, just in case you change your mind (yes, yes, I know you won't!).

They take up no inv room.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 20, 2020 5:51AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Don't have a problem with them since they are free, just another perk but I do wish they where bigger not huge maybe 3-4 times bigger or about the size of a normal character in game.

I like the smaller ones, but it would be quite nice to have bigger versions as well.

Maybe in a bronze, or marble, or something, rather than the green.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 20, 2020 5:55AM
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The statues are nothing compared to the paid subscription rewards from back to when ESO was pay to play;

Ice-Wraith Pet,
    Tiger mount,
    Dwemer Sphere pet

Like I would love to have something which is actually interesting and would be based on how many ESO+ subscriptions I made till now
  • TigressCreed
    TigressCreed
    ✭✭✭
    What would be really nice would be to offer them where you can choose the scale size. Don’t need tiny statuettes people will hardly notice.
    Xbox NA TigressCreed
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AndrejLeo wrote: »
    The statues are nothing compared to the paid subscription rewards from back to when ESO was pay to play;

Ice-Wraith Pet,
    Tiger mount,
    Dwemer Sphere pet

Like I would love to have something which is actually interesting and would be based on how many ESO+ subscriptions I made till now

They gave away a couple of mounts and a few pets, in the earlier days of the rewards:

http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/eso-chronicle-of-daily-logon-rewards/#201806

But, nothing like that, lately.

ETA: Last one was a pet in October '19.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 29, 2020 5:52PM
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice if we could get something different.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

Ice-Wraith Pet,
    Tiger mount,
    Dwemer Sphere pet

They gave away a couple of mounts and a few pets, in the earlier days of the rewards:

http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/eso-chronicle-of-daily-logon-rewards/#201806

Daily rewards are different from the ESO+ perks.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    Tigerseye wrote: »

Ice-Wraith Pet,
    Tiger mount,
    Dwemer Sphere pet

Daily rewards are different from the ESO+ perks.

I'm not sure where the idea comes from but a lot of people seem to think only subscribers get daily rewards.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The statues have definitely lost their novelty, like you I had HOPED for some variation in the reward.

Community needs variations, we don't really need to have 100 statuettes....
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they will add this costume again at some point... Missed it :(
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • ccloyesb14_ESO
    ccloyesb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind all of the statues if I could place more of them around my house...
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind all of the statues if I could place more of them around my house...

Agreed. I find them useful because they don't count towards the main furnishing limit and because small decorative items can be hard to come by, or expensive, so a few of them are useful for decorating, and a variety of options is good because not all statues are appropriate for all characters. But because the collectable furnishing limit is so small (and shared with other items, especially storage chests) beyond a certain point you have to pick just the ones which are best for your character or house, and more statues become redundant.

• LadyBriala
    LadyBriala
    ✭✭✭
    I have enough of those statuettes to build myself a house at this point..

I think its obvious by this stage that the whole orignal idea behind this went out the window along time ago..
    The people and the friends we have lost... ...or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them.