The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Trying to free up my quest space,Do prologue quests, end with the start of a main story quest line?

Justwondering
Justwondering
✭✭
I'm trying to tidy up my quest list, 25 quests is a bit tight considering the size of the game.

Around 15 to 18 of my quest list has main story quests, so I don't want to quit those.

I've got pretty much all of the expansions, I have around five Prologue quests and some guild quests , but I'm trying to tidy up my quest list, I am wondering if I do the prologue quests, is that going to lead me straight to another main story quest? Or will it just open up the new area, so I can go back when I like and start later?

I think, each time a new expansion is released, that the quest cap should be expanded too.
Edited by Justwondering on May 11, 2020 7:37AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The various prologue quests are developed before the release of their content, so I don't believe they start new main quests. If they do and you want to remove it, you can pick up the main quest from the Help menu for that content.

If you are doing the actual Main Quest at the same time as the prologues, be aware that the two Elsweyr prologue quests tend to break any MQ with Abnur Tharn. Either finish or drop the Elsweyr ones first in order to unstuck that part of the Main Quest.
  • Justwondering
    Justwondering
    ✭✭
    The various prologue quests are developed before the release of their content, so I don't believe they start new main quests. If they do and you want to remove it, you can pick up the main quest from the Help menu for that content.

If you are doing the actual Main Quest at the same time as the prologues, be aware that the two Elsweyr prologue quests tend to break any MQ with Abnur Tharn. Either finish or drop the Elsweyr ones first in order to unstuck that part of the Main Quest.

So, would it be a good idea to just trash the prologue quests? As that would free up my quest space fairly quickly.
  • orion_1981usub17_ESO
    orion_1981usub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prologue quest are for dlc zones... however they all give cool momentos so their worth doing real fast. Much like the public dungeon quest give out cool stuff.... well prolog quest are better.
    Edited by orion_1981usub17_ESO on May 11, 2020 9:41PM