The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

how to sell epic recipes without tanking the price?

bazanar
bazanar
Hi.

Quick question. Im trying to learn all furnishing recipes. i still have 47 to go. Which half is in a range i can buy. But will not pay for green recipe that much money. it goes against the meaning of it.

So opening a lots of envelopes i was able to reach this number. But also to farm a lot of duplicates. of which i try to sell to return get some money back.

I need the free space so I usually see the TTC / MM price and go for a reasonable minimum. But most of them need more than 4 days to make the sell.
In contrast to the other stuff i sell usually 12-36 hs max.

Any idea what can we do or how can i sell them without on one side tanking the price. and second loosing that much money? It got to a point i had around 150 different epic plans. thats steals too much space.

• starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All you can do is check the prices on your guild vendors to see what others are selling the plans for. Then price accordingly.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Options
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the market for many of those "end" furnishing plans is fairly small, so the time to sell tends to be longer than many other items in the game.

Others are in the same boat as you and don't want to pay that much for a plan that they don't have.

With the envelopes, also make sure that your pricing data doesn't include prices from before they were available in the envelopes.

Most plans go through a phase where they're only available overland, they're rare, so the price is high.

After a time, they get put in the envelopes, and the price drops precipitously because they can be sourced much easier.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,405 achievement points
    Options
  • bazanar
    bazanar
    tnx for the info. I didnt knew that. Also some plans have no price whatsoever. and when i ask for an MM from other people it says a couple of sales in a timeframe of several months.

lets say an average price per voucher is 500 gold. (usually less)
    so a base price for recipes dropped by hlaalu is 12500 and the epic sold by fiona is 25000.
    So i would need to sell for that price to come out even. Yes there are some recipes that i sold for 200k and an average price for fiona i would say is 30k.

In the end i make some money. but i hate for selling a recipe fast to set the price from 200k to 150k.
    Even tho. Its not really a steady source of income as farmed/crafted gear.

so basically im ***. and I have to either compromise the limited space and sell them really slowly or go for a 50% discount

Options
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly it's just a choice you'll have to make based on: How quickly do you need the gold; How many trader slots you have; and, How badly do you need top dollar?

I'm on the end of things where I don't really need max price for anything I sell, so I'll price it where I'm 90% sure it'll be sold by the time I log in the next day. Inventory space and limits on trader slots are my driving factor, so I can't afford for an item to sit for 4-5 days before selling, because my inventory will get clogged up within 1-2 days.

It'll just ultimately boil down to your personal preferences.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

Options