The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Clockwork City Delve Daily Quest - A Shadow Malfunction - Initiate Favar went through a wall

Dovetail_Stormrider
Spent about a half hour after collecting the 3 recordings or whatever they were (forgot by now) searching for Initiate Favar to complete the Daily.
The reason it took so long is because he is supposed to be sitting up against the wall in the cave at the end of the river.
However, he's actually stuck head first, half in half out, butt in your characters face if you face the wall and look above your head, as if you were looking at a far up placed painting, and the first thing you're presented with is Favar's buttcheeks. Quest is still completable, but please move the poor dead Initiate to a more dignified (and player quest completion friendly) position.
House of Morningstar Gaming Community Co Creator and Co Founder -- visit us on the web at: houseofmorningstar.gamerlaunch.com (Discord linked there to contact, PS4 messages welcome) PS4 NA Server Guildmaster: HOM Invicta -- PS4 Gamertag: Dove_SMPDSM (current) -- aka theophannia (originally)
  • Rissikah
    Rissikah
    Soul Shriven
    I could barely complete this quest. Had to jump few times to examine the body :(
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had spent over half hour runing around that cavern looking for the dead guy before giving up and googling it :/ . All you can see of him is part of a leg fused into the ceiling and the space where the game would let you interact with the body is ridiculously small. The quest marker is up on the ceiling too, fooling the players into assuming we are supposed to get upstairs somewhere. Can somebody fix this? Please.
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have circled back to this daily today. It still isn't fixed, but here is the picture of poor Favar up in the ceiling in case anyone has trouble finding him. By the wall at the very end of the cave with the skyshard look up and there is barely visible pocket (or maybe knapsack?) at the ceiling right next to it - down from the crosshair on the picture. Game lets us interact with it around that area, you have to experiment with the right angle though. My PC doesn't have to jump to interact, but others might maybe have to.
    2roo6cd7f4k1.jpg
  • BlueDragon90
    BlueDragon90
    ✭✭
    I was going crazy doing this quest today till I saw this article & saw the screenshot.
    Can you please fix this bug guys
  • ArseJuice
    ArseJuice
    ✭✭
    Still not fixed.
    Intel i5 10400@4.11Ghz / Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X / 16GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX FURY Black RGB 3200Mhz
    Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING OC 3X 8G + Acer SA240YA
    512 GB A-DATA SSD XPG SX8200 Pro / Seasonic Focus+ GOLD 750W
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for this article, I was going crazy thinking I'd forgotten where he was. (At least I found a few treasure chests as I circled around the map searching). Jumping and hitting E did it.
  • kirgeo
    kirgeo
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for this. Fix this ZOS
  • Balastar
    Balastar
    ✭✭✭
    6pofugvd4054.png
    EU/PC trading guild:
    Traders of the Covenant - Grahtwood - Elden Root - To join, contact ingame @Balastar
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just putting this reminder out there for the thousands of people that will be doing this quest next week.
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its 2021, still not fixed.
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So incoming clockwork city (and morrowind) event and this bug still exists.

Could you kindly stop destroying the game with new updates and instead spend the time more productively on fixing those parts of the game you have destroyed with previous updates.

Thanks.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they fixed that daily before this Thursday. The last time I did that quest on PS4 a year ago she was in the ceiling. I put a bug report in for it. If it's still broken I'm gonna freak.
    Edited by volkeswagon on February 23, 2021 3:57AM
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be prepared for a flood of angry players come Thursday when they complain about this quest that has been bugged for over a year and still isn't fixed.
  • LuffyGing
    LuffyGing
    Someone please tell him 14days is just enough for quarantine.
  • OgreOwner
    OgreOwner
    Soul Shriven
    Ihave been sending in a bug report each time. On the PC/NA server only the smallest triangle of his toe is visible. It has been this way for several months at least. For a company that can get birds to perch on the gargoyles, fly off, then come back, it is unexcusable for a npc who should be lying on the rocks leaning up against the wall. Please get the bird man to spend 5 min and get this npc where he should be.
  • honethiteb16_ESO
    How is this not fixed yet? He's inside a rather large circle for the quest, I spent 10 mins running around trying to find him and then I realised it's probably ANOTHER bugged quest the devs haven't fixed for some reason.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could finish the task by wiggling in just right place looking up to quest pointer but was reminded again this gaem really needs some QA. For me appeared he was completely inside ceiling (as far as I could see nothing) in a corner of a side room left after the skyshard.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please fix this bug.....drove me up the blood wall.....(see what I did there) :wink:
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jesus Christ, 2021 and bug is still there. Event started and no one cared to fix it.
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The placement of Initiate Favar should definitely be looked at.
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took me half an hour running around until I realized it was glitched 😂
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I logged off and on and he became at least interactable. When I first got to him today I couldn't even interact with him.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Balastar wrote: »
    6pofugvd4054.png

This is STILL bugged, this is how I found it in PS4 today. Can't finish this daily quest. Ticket sent to support.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • HomelessKoala
    HomelessKoala
    ✭✭
    Just walked in here today and it is STILL BUGGED XD How have they not fixed this yet?? 😂 @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @zos
  • Svalar
    Svalar
    ✭✭
    Yeah, still bugged :(
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What is the point of having a bug area if you are going to ignore them ZoS?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    taeou3a4ud2p.jpg

Yup - bugged still. Leaping and timing your interact button right is the only way to complete this daily.
  • OgreOwner
    OgreOwner
    Soul Shriven
    I have reported this every time that I have been issued the quest. I started to keep track of the reports in the last few months.
    The first time I did the quest, I literally spent hours hunting for him, looking for a room because his carat was in the ceiling. There is no room and no way to get to the location overhead. I finally went to the web where there is a pic from the xbox server that shows Initiate Favar lying on the rocks and leaning against the wall. This is not so on the PC/NA server. Only the point of his toe is visible in the joint between the wall and the ceiling and you have to look very carefully as the wall is brown, the ceiling is brown and his toe is brown. If you are very careful, you can get you pointed to focus on the toe so that you can complete the quest.

210118-004695 - 1/18/2021
    210129-006565 - 1/29/2021
    210204-001353 - 2/04/2021
    210210-004646 - 2/10/2021
    210216-003718 - 2/16/2021
    210228-007088 - 2/28/2021

They say to log off, wait 15 min then login again. X to abandon the quest and restart it.
    Neither of these suggestions work as the NPC in question is misplaced on the PC/NA server.

Are you listening, if a programmer who positions NPC's were to spend an hour with this he would be properly placed. That they can have birds perched on gargoyle statues who spook and fly off then return to the same roost convinces me that someone there understands how to place things in the environment. Hopefully that person will spend the time that I did writing this missive and get it fixed.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this is still bugged as of today, 3/1/21. The quest marker is on the ceiling at the back of the cavern and you can't really see the guy. It looks like you have to get upstairs to locate him, but you don't. After running around for 30 minutes trying to find a way to get above that cavern, I finally tried to interact with the quest marker from below and found that I could. All I saw was his foot and the quest marker.

As if that wasn't bad enough, I had some jerk dogging my heels and every time I saw a treasure chest he would run ahead to take it. Then he kept leaving stuff he didn't want. I hate people who do that! I was able to ditch him for a while though, and found two master chests.

But please ZOS, fix this quest!