The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Internal ERROR ABORT:Pointer is NULL(..\downloader.c/47)

empiregoon420
I downloaded the game prior to early play. Played for like 4hrs yesterday game crashed multiple times so I uninstalled ran Mal-ware bytes, Microsoft Security Essentials, and up dated all my drivers. Re-installed game now launcher starts but Gives above Internal error and becomes not responsive. PLease Help
  • ZOS_RobinsonE
    ZOS_RobinsonE
    ✭✭✭
    Hello @empiregoon420,

Did you make sure to run the launcher as Administrator ?
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • empiregoon420
    My profile is Admin and its set to run outside of all firewalls as well
  • empiregoon420
    Just ran as admin just to make sure and same effect
  • ZOS_RobinsonE
    ZOS_RobinsonE
    ✭✭✭
    Sometime, the Administrator profile is not enough, can you please run the launcher using these steps :
    • Right click the icon
    • Select Run As Administrator
    • Try again.
    Edited by ZOS_RobinsonE on March 31, 2014 5:30PM
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • empiregoon420
    did that no change
  • ZOS_RobinsonE
    ZOS_RobinsonE
    ✭✭✭
    In that case, can you try starting your windows in selective mode, to do that :
    • Click the start button and in the search box type in MSCONFIG
    • Choose "Selective Startup" and uncheck "Startup Items"
    • Please restart your pc after this step and reload your launcher
    Staff Post
  • empiregoon420
    tried it still crashes same error
  • empiregoon420
    this is ridiculous pay almost $90 for a game can get it to run right and get no help from support in form of call or email only contact was when i went here to forums ZOS_RobinsonE thank you for trying
  • Rabdalas
    Rabdalas
    The game ran fine yesterday. No changes to hard or software and did not re-install or anything and I am getting a similar error:

ABORT: pointer is NULL (..\cef\clienthandler.c/648)
  • Rabdalas
    Rabdalas
    NM. Running Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe as an admin instead of the launcher shortcut did the trick.
  • empiregoon420
    see i tried that it doesnt it wont even full install

• iSteelyphil
    Im using a Mac and I have the same problem too
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Hi Everyone,

Here are some changes you can make which may clear up the "Abort:Pointer is Null" error being received.

Please try the following steps:

Mac:
    • Navigate to the System Preferences under the Apple Menu.
    • Open up Network in System Preferences. (Usually located in the third row, third icon.)
    • Make sure the network connection with a green dot next to it is selected.
    • Click the Advanced button in the lower right corner
    • From the drop down menu, click on Proxies.
    • In the "Select a protocol to configure" list, uncheck "Auto Proxy Discovery"

PC:
    • Open Internet Explorer (even if it is not your regular web browser)
    • Open the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
    • Go to Connections tab/LAN settings
    • Uncheck “Automatically detect proxy settings” and hit OK.
    • Press OK again to confirm.

Additional, PC users may also want to try running the game in compatibility mode. Try first running in Windows 7 compatibility mode, then Windows XP services pack 2 mode if Windows 7 mode doesn't work.
    • Right click on the program's shortcut Launcher.EXE file.
    • Click on Properties.

Please let us know if any of these steps help out.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • empiregoon420
    no none of it works and i was able to play by bypassing the launcher till your patch today please post the patch file so i dont have to use the launcher since that is the problem
  • ajinator
    ajinator
    On my setup (Win8.1) disabling AVG (but not Norton or windows firewall) allows the launcher to successfully run. however, my launcher also spontaneously crasher without the null pointer exception. I Put the launcher as an exception, but it still crashes when AVG is enabled.
  • empiregoon420
    is your patched already
    if so goto the game file and run eso.exe wont work without patch though\
  • ajinator
    ajinator
    yeah, mine's patched was posting it for you. I think mine actually patched even after the launcher crashed from the null pointer, (another MMO i played did this as well).
  • LeviaDraconia
    Had the same problem, but starting the .exe with "run as admin" worked for me.
  • frezzer182
    windows 8 start game fix Right click on the shortcut The Elder Scrolls Online.EXE
    Click on Properties. and find run this as Administrator after that click apply now is run as admin all time
  • jonas22911
    Hi!
    I've got the same error. I have tried all the suggestions above. None works.
    But there is a wierd thing. I tried downloading a new launcher and re-installing the game twice now, and what happens is that the game works fine until i reboot my computer. Cause the next day I got the same stupid problem all over again.
    Hope there will be a fix soon :( Subscriptiontime is running out...............
  • empiregoon420
    right this is bs I play League of Legends a free game and get way better service and answered in under 12 hrs if I contact them with a problem I pay almost 100 dollars and get ignored or the same recycled steps to fix but they dont work way to make me hate one of my favorite series of games
  • dlc007fsb14_ESO
    I'm still having this issue and I have tried all the suggested fixes... Anyone have more suggestions past run as admin or change proxy settings..?
  • dlc007fsb14_ESO
    Self Fix: I realized I had a couple of viruses latching themselves onto chrome. I thought I had deleted them through my anti-virus, but I realized they were not fully gone. After manually hunting them all down and running the game the problem was solved.