The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Wolf crests removed from supposedly Indoril Ancestral Tombs on Vvardenfell.

Demnvath
Demnvath
✭✭✭
I recently made a tour of Vvardenfell and visited all the Ancestral Tombs (not only those required for I don't remember which quest) and was pleased to see all of them were in the game (except those which are not accessible in the Ashlands). I noted something strange.

There were, few years ago, four Ancestral Tombs bearing a wolf: Ienith, Raviro, Salothran and Verelnim.
Those tombs do not wear the Indoril crest anymore (or what have been the Indoril crest before someone realised the wolf is the crest of Helseth Hlaalu, and not the House Indoril)
Those Ancestral Tombs are now free of any crest.

Houses Ienith, Raviro, Salothran and Verelnim were supposed to be affiliated with Great House Indoril, despite the fact that they had the wrong crest. The crest has now been removed, but not replaced.

Does a new crest will be featured one day on those four Ancestral Tombs, or are they now no more considered part of Great House Indoril? Removing those four little, tiny crests make me think it was important at some point for someone, else those details wouldn't have been removed, would they? Should we wait a new crest?

Here are some old screenshots from UESP and four new screenshots from me, showing the vanishing of the wolf of Helseth.

Old:
paiwwqbafphi.jpg
f2n5kk4qsgyb.jpg
jvfn0riu8i29.jpg
zyph7ws5ls4w.jpg

New:
s6x4odvbvqdh.png
eag63f0r5spe.png
6cf97jdhy6h1.png
gm06n6v3312u.png

Contributeur à la conception de la langue Dunmeri.
  • Demnvath
    Demnvath
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot the Aran Ancestral Tomb. It also wore the wolf crest

Before:
    7whp34bkwjyj.jpg
    Now:
    t6acn3bbtvlc.png

(also please excuse my english, I saw few grammatical errors, but it appears I can't edit my previous message)

• Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Demnvath wrote: »
    Does a new crest will be featured one day on those four Ancestral Tombs, or are they now no more considered part of Great House Indoril? Removing those four little, tiny crests make me think it was important at some point for someone, else those details wouldn't have been removed, would they? Should we wait a new crest?

A good observing and good question, OP! You are not alone among those who were interested in it :). There should be wings there, but it is up to the devs to answer if that ever gets implemented. Here's the answer to your question. Also I think we have to ask some UESP lorekeepers here for help to update the information on the UESP. @Aliyavana, would you?

"Early in ESO's development, like nine years ago, well before we had any lore-checking processes in place, the wolf got picked for the Indoril banner based on the stylized wolf-head that appeared on Mehra Drora's gorget in TES3. This got promulgated onto some other assets, and it didn't get spotted until ESO: MW was in PTS testing. We're gradually sorting it out, but doing that kind of thing means diverting resources from the next DLC, so corrections don't always happen instantly."
    - Loremaster Lawrence Schick.
    Edited by Aigym_Hlervu on April 30, 2020 9:20AM
  • Demnvath
    Demnvath
    ✭✭✭
    While we are talking about Ancestral tombs, I also spottted two errors.

The Ienith Ancestral Tomb wears the name Ieneth. It's family that exists, but this tomb is Ienith's one, not Ieneth's.
    99bwjf9mk7rd.png
    The letter E should be replaced by the letter I.

The Telvayn Ancestral Tomb wears the name Sadryon. Sadryon is another Telvanni family, but their tomb is on Azura's Coast, not in the West Gash.
    Telvayn:
    jk6q1fdyn0bl.png
    Sadryon:
    usvm0eoy75ll.png

• Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's because there weren't any Indoril crest at the time ESO:Morrowind was released, they used the Wolf Head as placeholder as Cygemai said, then, they designed the actual crest (that we can use since ESO:Homestead)
    200px-ON-banner-House_Indoril.png

Nice to learn they finally removed that from the tombs, it was cringe when we did play there earlier X)
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I so adore these little lore tidbits.

Thank you!
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis