The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Greymoor Launch Date Update from ESO’s Game Director"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
96b65dae3909f153b142ce1a312214d5.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for the "Greymoor Launch Date Update from ESO’s Game Director" blog article.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor has a new official launch date! Read a new letter from ZeniMax Online Studio’s Game Director Matt Firor on when you can explore the new Chapter.
Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointing that there isn't better news on the ability desync stuff. :disappointed:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the update! Stay safe and game on! :smile:
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Disappointing that there isn't better news on the ability desync stuff. :disappointed:

sure, but at least they are acknowledging the issue in such an open way. that is good and demonstrates it is a priority.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mav1234 wrote: »

sure, but at least they are acknowledging the issue in such an open way. that is good and demonstrates it is a priority.

I never doubted that they were working on it, but I was hoping that they were close to a fix.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They've aknowledged many things that are yet to be fixed, years later. I don't think it demonstrates priority. Delaying the chapter in favour of fixing performance, now that would demonstrate priority.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you all don't get about the frustration on the ability delay is, you gave us a performance update and made things worse. While you are pushing to find fixes that are so elusive, it seems obvious to many of us that there is an apparent one. Revert whatever the hell you did in update 25. Instead, you keep pushing on over 2months later.
    Edited by technohic on April 28, 2020 4:49PM
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has PC EU soon been expanded, as said in that article, I dont experiences any difference in cyrodiil. Can we get a confirmation?
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No. It only demonstrates a desire to placate people by using language that sounds like they're working on it.

Edited by The_Lex on April 28, 2020 4:57PM
  • Olav_the_Stout
    Olav_the_Stout
    ✭✭✭
    When will we be able to pre-order on the PS4 platform?
    PS5 - Olaf the Stout - Templar Healer PVE
    PC - Olav the Stout - Templar Healer PVE
  • WalkingCodex
    WalkingCodex
    ✭✭✭
    Given the dramatic increase in both the ESO and Xbox live population using the services at all hours of the day, I am thankful that we are still able to play at this time. The few days between the new update and the first lockdowns were promising performance wise. Consider that this pandemic will change some facets of our daily lives in most of the world and then be grateful that there are people who are able to (mostly) keep your distractions running.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While y'all are sharing memes... :smiley:
    gr9LLqj.jpg
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    What you all don't get about the frustration on the ability delay is, you gave us a performance update and made things worse. While you are pushing to find fixes that are so elusive, it seems obvious to many of us that there is an apparent one. Revert whatever the hell you did in update 25. Instead, you keep pushing on over 2months later.

I think this is the real issue at hand. I don't even think reverting the Update 25 stuff would help, it seems like its just all intertwined. But what they have made clear is that they prioritize new content over fixes. The longer we go with "We're looking into it" "It's a top priority" "Thanks for you continued Patience" the farther away from believing the Dev team the community gets. Also having Matt work on another project, seemingly more exclusively as he has been pretty absent from things the last year(not present at the LV event from what we saw), says a lot about the role he is playing right now as well. It is an overall sad time for the game, very sad.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KappaKid83 wrote: »
    I don't even think reverting the Update 25 stuff would help, it seems like its just all intertwined.

Definitely easier to say than do.

• valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's not forget that they said almost the exact same thing last year.
    "So far our servers have been holding up under the strain of so much activity, but as the massive number of you playing does not seem to be subsiding, we have recently added more server capacity to PC EU to ensure that it stays that way."

https://ibb.co/QXzgCrS
  • MilkJugg24
    MilkJugg24
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the update! I think most of us here understand how working from home adds an extra layer of complexity to your guys' likely overwhelming workload. I'm glad that the launch is going as planned. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to pinpoint performance issues, especially since the surge of network activity due to the COVID-19 stay-at-home orders.

For me personally, although I have 110ms ping since I live far away from the NA megaserver, I haven't noticed any blatant networking related issues. However, looting dungeon bosses, weapons not appearing in-hand during combat, attacks being locked-out after dismounting, among other things, are issues that I've consistently been running into since returning to the game last week. I will do my best to replicate these problems and report in-game via bug fix submission, or creating/responding to a thread regarding the issue and its causes if it's not breaking the game.
    I play on PC NA! Currently looking for a casual dungeon and trial group/guild. If you want to talk, feel free to message me here or in-game to Pizza (Yes, I'm the original Pizza)
    Follow me on Twitter for video games and cats. I also casually stream on Twitch!
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker

Hi team

Do you have any news on what owners of physical copies of the PC version can do, I assume these are also running late?

In the past we were able to use our receipt of purchase with customer support to jump into the PC version the same time as everyone else on PC, do we have this feature again by any chance?

Just need to plan when I'm taking time off work :) Thank you
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Avariprivateer
    Avariprivateer
    ✭✭✭
    While y'all are sharing memes... :smiley:
    gr9LLqj.jpg

fqzse1eujaad.jpg
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "As you are probably aware, we have more people playing ESO right now than at any point since 2015."
    It looks like that ESO never got the same population which was at launch in 2014? I thought that the last few years were quite successful.
    Because I can!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    "As you are probably aware, we have more people playing ESO right now than at any point since 2015."
    It looks like that ESO never got the same population which was at launch in 2014? I thought that the last few years were quite successful.

I thought that was an odd statement, as well. 2015 was when the console versions shipped. I think the phrase was intended to mean "since launch". I doubt that the 2015 servers could have handed what we have today, since they have been upgraded more than once in the time between.
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That quote also makes it seem like all of these numbers they have thrown around for the past few years about 10's of millions of players is inflated to the max. Now, there may be that many player accounts within the cold storage or whatever, but if the concurrent numbers just NOW caught up with numbers from 5 years ago all of that talk from Matt and their commercials about 10+ million and what not is just a lot of smoke and mirrors. And if that's the case, why should we, the consumer, trust anything the team says from here on out?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That quote also makes it seem like all of these numbers they have thrown around for the past few years about 10's of millions of players is inflated to the max. Now, there may be that many player accounts within the cold storage or whatever, but if the concurrent numbers just NOW caught up with numbers from 5 years ago all of that talk from Matt and their commercials about 10+ million and what not is just a lot of smoke and mirrors. And if that's the case, why should we, the consumer, trust anything the team says from here on out?

Just an observation. The numbers they release have never been about concurrent players. They have always been about the number of paid player accounts. Never concurrent numbers. The statement from Firor is about concurrent players, and is sufficiently vague enough that we can't really use it. Not that people won't. It can be suitable adapted to a wide range of different arguments and conclusions.
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just an observation. The numbers they release have never been about concurrent players. They have always been about the number of paid player accounts. Never concurrent numbers. The statement from Firor is about concurrent players, and is sufficiently vague enough that we can't really use it. Not that people won't. It can be suitable adapted to a wide range of different arguments and conclusions.

That may be true, but I think a small correction would be player accounts as a whole, not paid, since the game is free to play. It is just really off-putting to me since the advertising campaigns seem to push "Hey we have this many players, come play with these (x) amount of players in our entire game". To someone just looking at the adverts it's just really misleading and to me shady business, but I guess at the end of the day what company doesn't use skewed numbers in adverts to attract business.

Edit: By Skewed I meant not a total explanation of where that player base number is being pulled from, so in this case them saying 10m+ seems like 10m+ concurrent when really it is 10m+ total accounts including dead accounts across all platforms and servers. I hope that clarifies what I meant more.
    Edited by KappaKid83 on April 30, 2020 12:57PM
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what is the launch date? The news article is currently down...
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That may be true, but I think a small correction would be player accounts as a whole, not paid, since the game is free to play.

You probably should go back and do a fact check on that one.
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That may be true, but I think a small correction would be player accounts as a whole, not paid, since the game is free to play.

You probably should go back and do a fact check on that one.

When the free to play weekends hit people do not have to buy the game or am I wrong on that one? I am genuinely not sure about it because my account was made during the VR/subscription based days and I had always had ESO plus and have bought every expansion except this one coming up.
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Elsonso I know this is kind of a dead thread but I did want to touch back on the free to play argument thing. This is quoted from the March free to play letter:

During this period, anybody on PC/Mac, Xbox One (Xbox Live Gold required), and PlayStation®4 can download and play The Elder Scrolls Online base game free and experience a whole world of adventure.