The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Chapter Inn Room size change.

MagicalLija
MagicalLija
✭✭✭✭✭
Sooo, the chapter inns are really nice, and I feel like we really don't have many cute cosy little places, especially with the new inn room coming up in greymoor, why can we get a double increase from the normal inn rooms, so for example.

Chapter Inn Rooms (Vvardenfell, Summerset, Elsweyr, *Greymoor*) to have their basic capacity increased from 15 -> 30 and then 30 -> 60 with ESO+

I really just want to be able to recreate a cute cosy room like from the loading screens, but I just can't do that.
  • Khaleesi8688
    Khaleesi8688
    ✭✭✭✭
    The one in Vvardenfell was the first apartment I really wanted to decorate but the beautiful load screen was a slap in the face when it finished and I loaded into my measly 30 items. If they gave me a bigger version of that apartment I would cry!
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The one in Vvardenfell was the first apartment I really wanted to decorate but the beautiful load screen was a slap in the face when it finished and I loaded into my measly 30 items. If they gave me a bigger version of that apartment I would cry!

He meant increase the decorative item cap, not the physical proportions of the rooms. The latter we all want to stay the same, OP included.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Pycnolite
    Pycnolite
    ✭✭
    100% agree! I love those little cozy inn rooms that come with the Chapters. I just wish we could put in more decorations to make the rooms feel more lived in, snug and homely. They are my characters main homes, and there is so so so much more I could do with them if there was a doubled item limit.

30 Non Sub -> 60 Sub slots for the inn rooms would be perfect, and doubling the item limit for all houses would be even better <3
    Characters (PC-NA):
    • - Evaela Dralamont (Breton - Dragonknight)
    • - Daro'Nisha-Jhar (Khajiit - Nightblade)
    • - Invarus Raveren (Dark Elf - Sorcerer)
    • - Sindelacar Ancaril (High Elf - Templar)
    • - Jil-Meera (Argonian - Warden)
    • - Durgaz gro-Shorak (Orc - Necromancer)
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That greymoor apartment is too small to even be an outhouse
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭

its massive compared to the aldmeri inn room at vulkhel guard.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I would love it if they increased just the larger inn room limit to 50 (doesn't even have to be 60!), with ESO+.

I'd even take 40, honestly.

When you consider that the apartment limit is 100, with ESO+, when they don't cost that much gold and some of them are the same size as the Vivec inn room (or even slightly smaller), it makes no sense, at all.

I've been adding stuff to my Sisters of the Sands "apartment" and I'm struggling to get it up to 80, wihout it looking ridiculously overcrowded; let alone 100.

The same will happen with the Auridon one, when I add to that.

Meanwhile, The Vvardenfell room is pretty minimal, to say the least.

Edited by Tigerseye on May 9, 2020 12:01PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Someone posted in another thread on this topic a couple years ago that the reason the inn room limit is so low is because more players will have them. Not everyone is into housing and thus spending lots of gold/crowns on them. But, all players have access to the inn rooms - for free if they have enough characters. So, they have a low limit on those since all players have easy access to them.

Don't know if that's the reason or not, but I'd love to see an increase to the limits on the inn rooms. Even 25/50 or 20/40 would help.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Someone posted in another thread on this topic a couple years ago that the reason the inn room limit is so low is because more players will have them. Not everyone is into housing and thus spending lots of gold/crowns on them. But, all players have access to the inn rooms - for free if they have enough characters. So, they have a low limit on those since all players have easy access to them.

Don't know if that's the reason or not, but I'd love to see an increase to the limits on the inn rooms. Even 25/50 or 20/40 would help.

That would make sense. I've always seen the inn rooms as kind of a permanent demo - they give you a little bit of space and a minimal item limit so you've got the basics to get a sense of how housing works in this game, then if you like it but want to do more you can buy a bigger house.

It would be nice if chapters had purchasable apartments like the base game - the one in Skywatch is absurdly tiny but the Mournhold and Sentinel ones are nice. Not much bigger than the free inn rooms but with a higher item limit. Or even just small houses would be nice, instead of jumping straight from inn rooms to gigantic (probably crown only) places which are difficult to decorate.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's considerably bigger than the inn room in Vulkhel Guard!