The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka Templar duelling build

Nokkz
Nokkz
Soul Shriven
I'm switching my main from Stamsorc to Magplar. Can anyone recommend some solid build for duelling and something for bgs?
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi mate, how experienced are you on your magplar?
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • Nokkz
    Nokkz
    Soul Shriven
    I have gain some experience over last few days, been playing magplar all time for a week. Still got a lot to learn in comparison to the rest classes i had main but I'm getting there.
    Edited by Nokkz on May 6, 2020 1:54AM
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok nice ☺ What set's are you currently using?
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
  • Nokkz
    Nokkz
    Soul Shriven
    I'm using few sets and swaping between them: new moon, overwhelming, swift, draugrkin, pariah and grothdarr/bloodspawn as monster set.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Draugrkin or auroran paired up with a strong defensive set pretty much.
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    I spend most of my time in BGs so I can give you the following advice (remember this is no CP):

- 5 piece light armour - always. Unless you're a beginner. The sustain and damage are too good to give up.

- For maximum points in team death match do as much AoE damage as possible. It is for this reason I always use Grothdar and Overwhelming Surge. You might not get the killing blow but you will rack up the assists. You will also do a ton of damage (trust me, check your damage output at the end with these sets on, it's insane at times, especially when you have a healer in your team ☺).

- I always use shackle breaker as my bread and butter set. Its just such a good all round set that covers both sustain and offense. Use this set with tri food and tri pots and you'll have great magicka and stamina base numbers and sustain.

- This build is all about maximum pressure and being in their face. My damage combo is : Degeneration (major sorcery), light attack (trigger spell damage enchant), purifying light, toppling charge, crescent sweep, jabs. This will trigger both Grothdar and Overwhelming Surge.

- Use a lightning staff for more AoE damage.

- Don't use Jesus Beam. It's very situational and I rarely ever used it. I get better results just jabbing the hell out of them and using the above combo.

- Instead of Jesus Beam I use Radiant Magelight as the extra crit chance helps me against sorcs (as crit damage can now be applied to shields).

- Toppling charge is your CC skill. Try and use it each time your opponents CC immunity is away.

- Crescent Sweep ultimate on front bar. Spell wall back bar. Great against mag sorcs and a great defensive ultimate when needed.

- Unstable core on back bar. I love this skill as it puts the pressure back on your opponent when you are turtled up, allowing you to get back on the offensive.

- I use Defensive Stance on back bar for reduced block cost and mitigation however that's a flex spot if you wish.

- Two spell reduction cost enchants on rings. Magicka recovery on necklace. I play high elf as I love their passives however if you play breton then you could maybe go with spell damage enchants instead.

- Full impenetrable traits. However I'll probably swap a few pieces out next patch for well fitted (i sometimes dodge roll when things get sticky) as we will be getting an impenetrable trait baseline of 1350 added to the game.

Try that setup and let me know how u get on. It isn't a noob friendly build (hence why I asked for your experience) but once you get the hang of it its awesome.
    Edited by Weesacs on May 6, 2020 12:37PM
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to add, I'm not a fan of dots or any sets that apply a dot or debuff because they are easily purged by certain classes and setups.
    Edited by Weesacs on May 6, 2020 1:10PM
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC