The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Please explain vet content, if you please?

krapmyself
krapmyself
✭✭✭
So I'm nearing that vr1 and would like some info on how the vet system works. I know at this point I can go to the other factions zones and do their quests, see their stories and plights, snag their skyshards, etc., my question is-

How does crafting play a role? Example: in blacksmithing you need higher tier ores to craft higher tier gear, yes? But where is the ore? Is it instanced so only vet can see/interact with it? Is it located somewhere else, like Coldharbor?

Additionally, wouldn't much of the lower level zone content be a breeze, since it's all so much lower than your power levels?
Edited by krapmyself on April 18, 2014 3:49PM
  • Sergeant_Novak
    Sergeant_Novak
    ✭✭✭
    The other factions zones in veteran content are completely different instances from the normal faction zones. All enemies are scaled up to veteran levels and both resources and lootables are in general scaled to whatever that area's veteran level is.
    Edited by Sergeant_Novak on April 18, 2014 3:56PM
    Kol Blakmarc - Dwemer Archeologist, Mage, Not such a great dancer
    Options
  • Eormenric
    Eormenric
    ✭✭✭
    krapmyself wrote: »
    So I'm nearing that vr1 and would like some info on how the vet system works. I know at this point I can go to the other factions zones and do their quests, see their stories and plights, snag their skyshards, etc., my question is-

How does crafting play a role? Example: in blacksmithing you need higher tier ores to craft higher tier gear, yes? But where is the ore? Is it instanced so only vet can see/interact with it? Is it located somewhere else, like Coldharbor?

Additionally, wouldn't much of the lower level zone content be a breeze, since it's all so much lower than your power levels?

Prepare for a long, tedious grind. Take many long hours in breaks and go as slow as possible unless you want to age prematurely.
    Options
  • Hearts
    Hearts
    ✭✭✭
    The time it took to get to 1-45, add it twice over and you get the VR ranks :P Not only that, the VR zones are harder, much harder than Coldharbour, each mob has 2-3k health and you get into scenarios where you have to fight several of them. If youre a light armor sorcerer type like me, the power attacks of the sword fighters can one shot you or cripple you extensively. Fighting more than 4 mobs means death.
    The VR dungeons, unlike the normal dungeons, are more like a raid difficulty if you compare to WoW. You need tactics, coordination and communication, not only that, you need to be a good DPSer, healer and tank to even have a shot, not like the normal dungeons where 4x DPS could beat it.
    Youre in daggerfall? Get ready to kill Covenant soldiers in Aldmeri Dominion (because *** story :P). And you will only see other Daggerfall members who are VR rank, no communicating with any Aldmeri, you are instanced somewhere else than them and thus you only see DC members and fight VR mobs with VR loot and VR crafting.
    Getting from 49-50 requires 130k exp (give or take), getting from VR1-VR2 requires 450k exp, getting from VR2-VR3 requires 900k exp, going from VR3-VR4 requires 1.3million exp (and it goes up and up).

To explain Veteran Ranks in one meaning would be "New Game+".
    Options
  • Renuvasb14_ESO
    Do you acquire new skills or anything in the VP ranks? Or is it all just gear based progression at that point?
    Options
  • Ker.Rakb16_ESO
    Ker.Rakb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Your stats still increase slightly, and you can still get skill points from skyshards and such but at that level it really doesn't make much of a difference. I'd say it's 95% gear based.
    Options
  • Hearts
    Hearts
    ✭✭✭
    Gear based progression, not 100% sure about skill points. Attributes are the same tho.
    A VR10 staff has maybe 140 damage while a level 50 staff has 100. So there is about a 30-50% difference between VR10 and level 50.
    Options