The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Roleplaying Vampires and You

Krist
Krist
✭✭✭✭
I know this may have been asked before, but sometimes it is good to get a new perspective outside of 100s of pages, and new content has arrived.

What type of vampire do you rp, as ES has many kinds, and how much do you try and stick with it?

You may be doing your own, as Elder Scrolls does offer that there are some very unique, and undocumented strains.

Example: My character, Jerrin Bloodlette, does not burn up in the sun, but is weakened and does not tolerate it well. He sleeps during the day, seldom in a coffin. He is a Breton who seems to have been bitten by a cyrodillic vampire and I try and follow that strain.

That is just a sample of an example, tell me more of your vampire if you will. Thank you. :)
"Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
"Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
"That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • Hu-Rikan
    Hu-Rikan
    ✭✭✭
    My main character is an ancient Argonian, one of the first members of the Whet Fang Clan, due to that I morphed all of his necromancer skills to stamina (that way he seems more poisonous and vile).He had been in slumber for centuries until his tomb was disturbed by members of Cyrodilic Collections. My xanmeer has shrines to Sithis and Peryite(responsible for the strain Whet Fang members have) with poisonous and luminous plants everywhere. I also have a cage with a single victim in there (Whet Fang vamps usually keep one victim in a magic induced coma like state and feed on that 1 person for as long as they can) because of that i also try to feed on the same people/person when in towns(not something i stick to too heavy though considering I barely feed). He too is more so a nocturnal predator however (in my head and using maomer skin) I rp that his hist tree's sap has given him reflective scales to aid him in handling sunlight when out during the day... He tends to keep his sarcophagus partially submerged in water in the depths of his xanmere.

• RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oof. You had to ask now.

My oldest RP character is a vampire. She's not much more than a blood fiend. Her story is centred around the way her hunger is used by a Puppet Master illusionist to control her. The Puppet Master never allows her to sate her hunger (and that provides the rationale for her staying at stage 4 all the time). If the character does accidentally feed during play punishment follows - she is forced to wear a painful muzzle.

Now, with Greymore, that feeding imperative is being turned on its head. She must feed to remain stage 4. It is going to rip the heart out of that character story.

She is going to stay an RP vampire, stay stage 4, and use all the new abilities that come with U26, but I guess I will have the opportunity of thinking up a new story for her. Hmm, maybe it will be the Puppet Master who gets her heart ripped out. A moment's lapse in concentration perhaps.
    PC EU
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on which one but my most notable was a Mage's Guild Scholar that enjoyed exploring Ancient Alyied ruins. Eventually this drive took her to exploring the southern area of Rivenspire, which saw her and her party getting ambushed by vampires of the Lyrezi bloodline. She survived.... barely and went through the 3 day process of becoming a vampire on accident. Its been a while since I've actually done anything with her story as I've been focusing on my mortal character, Ceyanna, but my vampire character is on a quest to find the person that sired her and do... something. Its been so long she has no idea whether to kill him or thank him for what he did because she's actually integrated quite well into the vampire lifestyle.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • NorroenDyrd
    NorroenDyrd
    ✭✭
    I haven't really considered it in terms of clans/subtypes of vampire, but all my vamps have different origin stories.

For Lavinia, vampirism is a side effect of escaping Coldharbour without her soul, and she will be 'cured' once she completes the Main Quest.

Wylmina was left for dead by her Fighters Guild comrades (including her own sister Savi) as they took down a Dark Anchor that spawned bloodfiends; she was later taken in by Verandis Ravenwatch.

Gideon got the attention of the Blood Matron's followers as he cursed both Molag Bal and the Aedra for forsaking him.
  • Sjestenka
    Sjestenka
    ✭✭✭
    Hah, thanks for asking. Made me actually think about it x)
    My vampire char is more of a draft, unfortunately, undeveloped to heck, despite that she's one of my oldest chars (6 years old? Mara's mercy) and even took part in one rp or another. What i know about her, what's certain, is that she's a relatively young undead, got cursed only a couple years before uh, before rp takes place, whenever that is. She's a Bosmer from the deepest jungle, and she was a bride before That Night. BTW, i guess i'll have to play with Bride trauma a bit? Demon sees her fiance in every male? Thanks for the reminder.
    Another thing that is certain about her is her inability to emphathize. Undeath made her blind for other creature's feelings. Other's pain became just mechanical act of sorts. Pull a muscle here, it screams and writhes, how very interesting. It's the first thing i imagine when i try to get into her head, actually.
    I'm planning to play Greymoor quests with her, so i guess before it's released i'm ought to invest some more time in .. Nah, not telling her name. It's not entirely rp-ey, but i love it, not gonna change it.
    Edited by Sjestenka on May 3, 2020 11:03AM
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    [I'm planning to play Greymoor quests with her, so i guess before it's released i'm ought to invest some more time in .. Nah, not telling her name. It's not entirely rp-ey, but i love it, not gonna change it./quote]

I don't think the name being rp'ey, or rp'ish...lol....matters. It is YOUR character. I write about characters I seldom play, as there is more joy in the fiction of them, and Nirn, sometimes, than the actual play of them. I PvP mostly in Cyrodiil, and there isn't any rp to be had with head comms and strategy builds.

If you choose to write about the character, then choose a name you would prefer to write about. What you named them in creation is seldom who they are after you really delve into them, and your character is a great concept. Writing of course is not a necessity of rp, and you can rp a name if you ever decide to do that. Many simply do the rp in their heads, and there is nothing wrong with that, as rp groups do not seem to be easy to find. Keep the name also, there are many reason in Nirn for different names. Some names are earned. You could literally have a Hulk Hogan character, if they are a huge Nord named Hogan. While folks may roll their eyes at it, theoretically, completely possible.
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now, with Greymore, that feeding imperative is being turned on its head. She must feed to remain stage 4. It is going to rip the heart out of that character story.

Wouldn't it be quite possible that the Plane Meld would have something to do with the change, since it was Molag Bal's doing? It could really turn into great rp as those reluctant vampires now need to do the very thing they try and avoid. My character is a reluctant as well, and this will be a true challenge for him.

What is everyone's thoughts on that?

Great point to bring up.

• Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Krist wrote: »

Wouldn't it be quite possible that the Plane Meld would have something to do with the change, since it was Molag Bal's doing? It could really turn into great rp as those reluctant vampires now need to do the very thing they try and avoid. My character is a reluctant as well, and this will be a true challenge for him.

What is everyone's thoughts on that?

Great point to bring up.

No its Not Molag Bal or the Planemeld, the updated Vampire Quest with Greymoor explains it and they made it quite clear it was actually Lamae's Doing.
    She magically altered the Bloodline using sorcery and accursed rite.
    It was her that was the one angry about the Reluctance when it came to Vampires and Feeding Molag Bal could likely have cared less. It was her that actually did the flipping.
    So the Vampire changes are all the result of Lamae not being happy. As well as being determined to change things around. So It was her doing and hers alone to alter how the player Vampirism Works in Eso.

Edited by Thevampirenight on May 4, 2020 7:08AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, haven't gotten into that quest yet. However, it can't be a universal truth, as some vampires do not even need to feed at all, unless they are introducing all strains of vampirism with the same problem? Just because ESO offers only one strain does not negate the users rp of another? Lamae was the first, but far from the only Daedra created vampire. Also was not suggesting Molag Bal did it, but that rp can come from the plane meld effecting it. What are your thoughts on that?
    Do you think it breaks too far away from what eso is offering as rp?
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Krist wrote: »
    Ah, haven't gotten into that quest yet. However, it can't be a universal truth, as some vampires do not even need to feed at all, unless they are introducing all strains of vampirism with the same problem? Just because ESO offers only one strain does not negate the users rp of another? Lamae was the first, but far from the only Daedra created vampire. Also was not suggesting Molag Bal did it, but that rp can come from the plane meld effecting it. What are your thoughts on that?
    Do you think it breaks too far away from what eso is offering as rp?

Well we do get a good look at how Molag Bal views Vampires in Tes 3, though I think they were going more with Vaermina being the actual creator of vampirisim when they did Tes 3. Until that Addon in Oblivion that added the lore on Lamae. Then they made it a Molag Bal thing for real.
    However what is made clear in Morrowind is that Molag Bal doesn't love or care for them and also those that seek the cure are far more interesting to him according to the Witch that Serves him and I think it comes with his dialog as well but not sure on that.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Derar_Hlervu
    (If you are a vampire) "What is it you wish, lifeless one?"
    lifeless one:
    (If you are a vampire) "Yes, I am familiar with vampirism, and I find your kind pitiable. But I have nothing here to help you. My lord Molag Bal may be able to cure you of your affliction, but I am not privy to my lord's whims. Speak with the great Molag Bal yourself, blood fiend."
    vampirism cure:
    (If you are a vampire) "Is that what you come here seeking, lifeless one?"
    (If you are a vampire) "If the lord Molag Bal wishes to help you, he will. He has no greater love for your kind than any other."
    (If you are not a vampire) "A cure for vampirism? There are those who say that the cure resides only with our daedra princes. My lord Molag Bal has dealt before with the dark walkers, though they are not of his making. It is possible he holds the secrets to this, but I would not expect him to tell you. Only those who have the disease, and are truly desperate to be rid of it, are of interest to Molag Bal."

The reason why he created it was to go up against another E'tada and to make himself feel more dominate that he can corrupt Arkay's Sphere. That we know going by the lore.
    As for the condition itself I don't think he cares all that much for it. Why would he? They have already served their usefulness in annoying Arkay. Only reason he hands it out is if a mortal is powerful enough to draw his attention asking for it or if hes in the mood after witches offer up females to him to defile just for the purpose of creating more strains of vampires. Otherwise I think he would care less about them.

While Hircine is a caring father and does take interest in the Werewolves and stays involved in their affairs, Molag bal is the polar opposite and I feel has no interest unless they want to rid themselves of the condition he created. That shows how much of a father he is. He would rather disown them I feel then actually claim them. Also one of the cruelest things anyone can do is disown their own children and abandon them and given Molag Bals love for cruelty. I'm sure that is the type of thing he would actually do. Given the words of the Witch and Molag Bal. He has no love for their kind like any other so why would he care? Why would he care if vampires are feeding or not?

As for the Plane Meld effecting it, no I don't think it would. I do think it effects how it spreads though but it doesn't effect how they work when it comes to drinking blood at least. It would just spread faster and to more people. It would spread so fast that it might actually cause those risen dead blood fiends that have popped up in various areas.
    That is the only effect I think the Planemeld had on Vampirism.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on May 5, 2020 2:30AM
    PC NA
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did do an alchemy vampire based on another character in another game I made. Though only reason why I went that route was because the Summerset Chapter confirmed the existance of Alchemy Vampires so that is what I did.

Other vampires I have would have been turned by being infected by another vampire and one is a Blood Scion of Lamae. There is one vampire I have who is of the Ravenwatch Bloodline and does share their view points and was trained by them.

Though she is more independent now more then anything. So I have different vampires that kinda vary from one another.
    I try to stray away from Evil alignments.

I do want to know what is it that makes them undead? I don't see them as undead in a technical sense because of the way they function. Maybe technically dead at best but more living vampire at most.
    So I do want to see more lore on how they biologically Function. I really really do want to see it from Zenimax or Bethesda.
    Tes Vampires are unique and interesting but well I would like to learn a lot more on how they function. Because they cannot be undead in the traditional sense of the word. There would have to be something else there. I don't think we will get that with Greymoor.
    Though once Greymoor comes along I'm thinking of making a Bosmer Cannibal Vampire that preys on other vampires.
    So that should be interesting.
    I'm also thinking of getting back into doing a lot roleplaying a lot more then I have lately.
    So it should be interesting.

PC NA