Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How much DPS should I have with my CP?

sceneoff
sceneoff
Soul Shriven
Currently, I'm a magicka necromancer with CP 470, and after some grinding, I have my build complete. Almost all the gear is legendary with correct enchants, traits... Shadow mundus stone and bloody mara food. I've followed the build of Alcast with some minor changes. For example, I use degeneration instead of orb (to have major sorcery and not need to be wasting potions with normal mobs).
bduMaG4.jpg?1

Alcast doesn't have a parse with this build, but based on what I've seen, I assume should be above 80k in trial dummy. However, I can only achieve 54k. I know I'm not maxed CP, but I don't expect this to be a difference of 26k DPS (or is it?). Now I do a static rotation:

b9LTKkA.jpg

BB is blast bones and WS is weapon swap.

Prebuf:
Channeled acceleration - Skeletal arcanist - BB

Main rotation:
Wall - Boneyard - WS - BB - Degeneration (+ mystic siphon) - skull - BB - skull - skull - BB - WS

Also, I change a skull by the skeleton, channeled acceleration or ulti when necessary. I try to do a light attack between each ability. I think I'm following the rotation well but I also feel like I should be doing more DPS (maybe 65k?) and don't know if my actual DPS is appropriate for my CP or if I'm missing something...

Thanks for the help.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would run an infused staff front bar. Drop necrotic from back bar for arcanist and slott inner light on front bar. Drop channeled acceleration for barbed trap. For parsing run ghastly eye bowl food (max mag+mag regen) and for dungeons/trials run regular blue food (max health+max mag). Run all spell dmage enchants on jewelry.

You have 306 light attacks in 387 second fight and as far as I can tell it's because rotation is a little slow. You want to get those numbers a little closer together. It looks like you're overcasting you dots too. If you don't I would record your parses and analyze them after, it makes it easier to see your mistakes.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA