Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Access to all houses not just primary please

MechanicalMudcrab
MechanicalMudcrab
✭✭✭
*Edit* - For consoles, sorry should of been more specific*

This is talked about in my guild all the time. The ability to visit any house that a player has set to "unlocked" would be amazing.
Most of people I know have multiple houses fully decorated that they want to show off. My primary is a guildhall but I also have an obstacle course that people like to play on. So it's rather annoying that we cant give access to multiple houses but have to pick and change one house.

I made a quick mockup of what they could do. Instead of seeing "primary residence" in a player's options we could see "homes" or something similar. Clicking it would open the type of homes "staple ,classic, notable". Clicking the type would show you all homes that player has of that type. "Locked" lock icon = no access, "unlocked" lock icon = access. Renaming the house on your end could show as a note under the house to tell friends what the house is "guildhall, maze, obstacle course, ect". Or just a big dropdown list of all houses with the locked or unlocked icon.

Either way would work and people could show off all their creations that they worked so hard on. Not sure who to tag so I guess I'll tag Gina and maybe she can show someone else. @ZOS_GinaBruno
bkxb2e3ubgsi.jpg
Edited by MechanicalMudcrab on May 3, 2020 2:49PM
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please!
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Khaleesi8688
    Khaleesi8688
    ✭✭✭✭
    This would be awesome!!
  • MechanicalMudcrab
    MechanicalMudcrab
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe one day *dreamy sigh*
  • HelathAndrethi
    HelathAndrethi
    ✭✭✭
    You can already do this with the Essential Housing Tools addon.
  • MechanicalMudcrab
    MechanicalMudcrab
    ✭✭✭
    That's cool, didn't know that addon was a thing but I ment for consoles. I should of specified so I put an edit at the top. Thanks.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely agree! My guild has several housing contests a year and we have some fantastic decoraters in the guild. When the building period ends for each contest they organize "housing crawls" where they lead a group through all of the submitted houses . Then you go and vote for your top 3 favorites - easier said than done! But I often miss the crawls and would like to be able to go to their houses on my own. The problem is that once the voting is over these people will usually set a different house as their primary and start working on it for the next contest. If we could go into more than just the primary residence I would get to see the decorated houses I missed. I will admit that I blatantly steal ideas from them because I have no imagination of my own. 😹
  • MechanicalMudcrab
    MechanicalMudcrab
    ✭✭✭
    @LadySinflower Exactly! My guild does the same thing. We found that it's hard to get everyone together at the same time since alot of us are in different time zones so many miss the house tour. And just like you said many people swap their primary to something else after. We started having builders submit screenshots or a video of their builds but it's never the same as being able to walk through and see the detail first hand. I'm hopeful that it could be added in the future.
    Edited by MechanicalMudcrab on May 3, 2020 11:05PM
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I really like about this is this the ability to add descriptions to houses, so someone right-clicking my name can choose between my "Fishing Shack" and my "Research Institution" and my "Tribunal Templar's Abode" or whatever.

I know this would be abused, but I still think it's worth it.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on May 4, 2020 1:12AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • MechanicalMudcrab
    MechanicalMudcrab
    ✭✭✭
    @MasterSpatula I could see that. Maybe they could restrict what words you can use to prevent it from being offensive or maybe have a list of preset names like fishing shack, guild hall, maze, ect. Or maybe renamings have a pending time that have to be approved? Hmm maybe over thinking it lol.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the most common and probably simple request I see for home folks. I can't see why Zenimax won't do it.
  • MechanicalMudcrab
    MechanicalMudcrab
    ✭✭✭
    @Aptonoth right? We were given the ability to re-order our characters on the character select screen so why not this. They keep coming out with more houses and updates, so of course people will want to show off all their creations without ha ing to keep changing primary or physically being in the other houses.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    +1

This is one of the many thing that could/need to be improved on console but sadly I don't see most of them even happening but here's hoping.
  • MechanicalMudcrab
    MechanicalMudcrab
    ✭✭✭
    @Hotdog_23 right, there are so many things that could be done. I like to stay hopeful and maybe oneday we will get a patchnote with a little surprise in it.
  • Lazy_Voyager
    Lazy_Voyager
    ✭✭✭
    Housing in general needs a lot of QoL attention. This move just seems like common sense.
    Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege, labora et invenies.
  • MechanicalMudcrab
    MechanicalMudcrab
    ✭✭✭
    @Lazy_Voyager agreed. I'm kinda surprised that they didn't take some if the ideas of housing from Skyrims Hearthfire and expand on that.