The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

All my dungeon queues result in being caught in fake, unleavable queues [Solution found]

yawnslaught
yawnslaught
Soul Shriven
I've been having issues with the queue timer getting stuck and not being able to cancel it. It places me into a fake queue and it never procs. I have confirmed this through queuing with a full group several times with 1 tank, 1 healer, and 2 dps. It is currently happening to myself and 2 other people that I know of. The bug seems to be account bound, for I can't queue with ANY of my characters. It renders me unable to do any queued dungeon content including random dungeons and specific dungeons.

Observations:
-If I load into a new zone, the text in the top right that says "Dungeon Finder: Queued" disappears, but the timer in the dungeon journal is still ticking. The same thing happens if i leave or join a new group while in a "queue", the timer just keeps ticking but nothing ever happens no matter how long I wait. I can't leave the queue either. The queue never successfully processes into a dungeon even after waiting for over an hour, and I can't leave the "queue".

-The issue isn't character specific; it follows my account, making every single character unable to queue for any dungeons.

-If I am in the same group as other people and we queue together, the queue bug causes them to be unable to cancel the queue and are also unable to get a successful dungeon proc (even with the 4 roles filled out). If I leave, the group is able to cancel the "queue" and start a real queue. (often with immediate success)

What hasn't solved the issue:
-Disabling all addons.
-Queueing for Random Normal.
-Queueing for Random Veteran.
-Queueing for Specific Dungeons.
-Zoning into a new zone.
-Not zoning while queuing.
-Queueing with a VPN.
-Queueing for Battlegrounds (one person I know with this same bug ran BGs successfully but retained the dungeon queue bug afterwards).
-Queueing for Cyrodiil (Also worked like battlegrounds, but didn't fix the dungeon queue bug).
-Running dungeons manually by porting inside them with a full group
-Waiting the queue timer out (several hours).
-Having someone else start the queue.
-Having someone else try to cancel the queue.
-Queuing for random dungeons with a FULL GROUP with correct roles and all.
-Changing group leaders.
-Having other people leave the group.
-Having me start the queue.
-Turning the group into a raid group (5+).
-Doing a trial.
-Logging into an EU server (creating a new character) and then logging back to NA.
-Re logging. (Cancels the queue, but bug returns when I try to queue again)
-Trying again another day (day 4 of the problem)
-Restarting computer.
-Installer Repair tool.
-Uninstall and Reinstalling the client.
Edited by yawnslaught on April 7, 2020 8:11PM
  • AngeredPally
    AngeredPally
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah, I don't have that problem, but I have a few friends that do have that problem. The queue won't budge at all when it's started with them in it.

The moment they leave the group the queue can be cancelled and restarted and it works like normal.
    No matter how many people we have in the group with them it just won't put them in a proper queue. Been running in circles trying to fix it for them but nothing seemed to work.

Pretty game breaking especially considering it's in the middle of the 100% exp boost Jubilee event.
  • Insinuation
    Insinuation
    Soul Shriven
    Experiencing this myself unfortunately.

It is only me though, so the option of leaving a group to reset anything isn't available.
  • yawnslaught
    yawnslaught
    Soul Shriven
    Day 5 problem persists.

New things that haven't fixed it:
    - grouping, porting into a dungeon, disbanding and letting the timer remove me
    - grouping, porting into a trial, disbanding and letting the timer remove me
    - grouping, porting in, being kicked and letting the timer remove me
  • sherahd
    sherahd
    ✭✭✭
    I just got this twice, and came here to see if it was something that just started, or if it's been happening a while. Well, I have my answer. So much for trying to farm gear for my new character on EU.
  • AngeredPally
    AngeredPally
    Soul Shriven
    Got the solution. And hoo boy it's a strange one.

What causes it:
    Leaving a group THE VERY MOMENT the group leader starts a dungeon queue. This seems to be the moment that your account becomes "cursed" with the queuerona virus. You can't queue for anything, and your group can't queue for anything with you in the group.

I don' t know how many steps of the solution is extra and unnecessary, but seems to only work with very specific steps.

The solution:
    You get 3 people. You get person A (Group leader). Person B (Bugged). Person C (Extra). Make sure person B is not currently in the bugged queue, so if they haven't done so yet, have them relog to clear the bug real quick. If they have to relog to clear the bug, make sure they are logged in for a good minute or two to be sure that everything is loaded in. Have person A invite person C first. Afterwards, invite person B. All 3 of you be in the dps role. Hang around in the group for a good minute or two. Have person C log out first. Person B logs out afterwards. When both are logged out make sure person B logs in first. When person B is fully logged in, have person C log in. When both people are back online, wait around for a good minute or two. When you feel like everything is good and loaded, have person B leave the group first. Have person B switch their role to tank and have them queue by themselves. They should get a ready check. Cancel the ready check so you don't flub a group over with your fake tankedness.

This very specific set of instructions seems to be the only solution and if I had to guess what parts could be cut out, I'd say that having person C log out is unnecessary. I'd also say that the most necessary step would be having the bugged person leave the group first. I think the server has to see them leaving a group (with 3 or more people), but i'm assuming that having someone leave a 2 person group counts as a party being disbanded and not someone leaving the party? But you have to understand after so long having this bug, it began to get pretty frustrating for the person B, so I had to cease additional testing.

Verdict:
    Be careful when you leave groups. Just to be safe, try to wait around and have the other people in the group finder leave first and not risk the chance that the group lead reflexively start a new queue as soon as the random dungeon is finished.
    Alternatively I think a server maintenance would have fixed the bug, but we never quite got to that point.

Cheers friends and be safe.
    :smile:
  • ModdysMoZzA
    I have the same issue and now it is for the 7th day. I have lost so much exp,
    I hope they fix it as soon as possible and compensate us...

https://youtu.be/UaPBOS5yVAw

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congrats @AngeredPally for figuring this one out. It’s actually quite amazing that you did, I bet that took some work.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• AngeredPally
    AngeredPally
    Soul Shriven
    @ModdysMoZzA

I've pinned a highlight of doing the bug fixing solution.
    Starting from the point invites went out.
    Ending at the point the bug was confirmed fix.

It is however worth noting that both Yawnslaught and Cavedweller were bugged.
    Yawnslaught's was fixed
    Cavedweller's was not.

The deviating factor here is that Yawnslaught logged in first and was sitting in the group for a good minute.
    That also Yawnslaught left the group first.

We replicated the exact scenario that fixed Yawn's bug for Cave and it worked.
    Later that night we accidentally bugged Cave again, which is how I figured out how the bug happens in the first place.
    I tried to cut some corners with no luck, but Cave just wanted to play the game again, so we just replicated the fix 1 to 1 again and it worked.

Confirmed 3 times over.
  • ModdysMoZzA
    @AngeredPally
    I am going to try doing his out later tonight, but I want to shout out to ZOS for failing to deliver. I am going to cancel my ESO plus this month.
    a player should not experience this type of issue. a player should not go through all of the above to fix a broken game issue while its developers are silent know the issue and not able to fix it or choose to just ignore everyone. there are many people have the same issue, let's say half of them can't speak English or read English in a good way to work on that solution. they will just get bored and quit. I've been ESO player since 2014.

"ESO 6th anniversary welcomes you with more bugs and lags"

I expected more of you ZOS...
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expected more of you ZOS...

WTB “you must be new here” meme.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ModdysMoZzA
    @Reverb

Not new, just never had any issues with them before. I didn't care the first 3 days of the bug, I send a report to the support team, the acknowledged knowing about the issue, day 9 still done nothing about it.
  • ModdysMoZzA
    I think i know what is going on, I think this bug is intentional by them. they offered new played free gameplay until the 13 of this month, so the new players who has no idea about the game with this bug think they need to get ESO plus to queue for dungeons. so ZOS wins some new members of ESO plus. well just saying..... maybe. shame
  • bruderus7b16_ESO
    Got the solution. And hoo boy it's a strange one.

What causes it:
    Leaving a group THE VERY MOMENT the group leader starts a dungeon queue. This seems to be the moment that your account becomes "cursed" with the queuerona virus. You can't queue for anything, and your group can't queue for anything with you in the group.

I don' t know how many steps of the solution is extra and unnecessary, but seems to only work with very specific steps.

The solution:
    You get 3 people. You get person A (Group leader). Person B (Bugged). Person C (Extra). Make sure person B is not currently in the bugged queue, so if they haven't done so yet, have them relog to clear the bug real quick. If they have to relog to clear the bug, make sure they are logged in for a good minute or two to be sure that everything is loaded in. Have person A invite person C first. Afterwards, invite person B. All 3 of you be in the dps role. Hang around in the group for a good minute or two. Have person C log out first. Person B logs out afterwards. When both are logged out make sure person B logs in first. When person B is fully logged in, have person C log in. When both people are back online, wait around for a good minute or two. When you feel like everything is good and loaded, have person B leave the group first. Have person B switch their role to tank and have them queue by themselves. They should get a ready check. Cancel the ready check so you don't flub a group over with your fake tankedness.

This very specific set of instructions seems to be the only solution and if I had to guess what parts could be cut out, I'd say that having person C log out is unnecessary. I'd also say that the most necessary step would be having the bugged person leave the group first. I think the server has to see them leaving a group (with 3 or more people), but i'm assuming that having someone leave a 2 person group counts as a party being disbanded and not someone leaving the party? But you have to understand after so long having this bug, it began to get pretty frustrating for the person B, so I had to cease additional testing.

Verdict:
    Be careful when you leave groups. Just to be safe, try to wait around and have the other people in the group finder leave first and not risk the chance that the group lead reflexively start a new queue as soon as the random dungeon is finished.
    Alternatively I think a server maintenance would have fixed the bug, but we never quite got to that point.

Cheers friends and be safe.
    :smile:

Tried this fix today with a friend who has 2 accounts but it didn't work. [snip]

[edited for basing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on May 2, 2020 2:37PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am wondering whether this is fixed on PTS, since they mention some edge case fixes for the tool.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • bruderus7b16_ESO
    Yeah, but i don't want to wait till Greymoor... This bug exists for far too long now.