The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Change Repeatable Quest Cycle

Kallipsoe
Kallipsoe
✭✭✭
My wife and I recently returned to ESO and are now stuck on the same repeatable "daily" quest cycle. Typically we would pick up and share our daily quest and complete two sets of repeatable quests each day. However, since returning we pick up the same repeatable quests and cannot share an additional one with each other. This is a little annoying and inconvenient.

Is there any way to change the repeatable quest cycle we are on?

I have attempted not logging on for one full day "36 hours" while she played. However the next day we were still on the same repeatable quest cycle.

Any help that could possible resolve this situation would be greatly appreciated.
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may not be much help to you, but I know that some repeatable quests can be picked up, dropped, and a different one may be gotten from the quest giver. That may not work for whatever quests you are doing though. You could also try creating a couple extra throwaway characters just to have potential access to different repeatable quests you can share with each other though.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you or your wife tried getting shared dailies from other players, @Kallipsoe?

After all, it is an MMO and not a 2-player game ...
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you mean dungeon dailies? Cos those are globally the same every day
  • Kallipsoe
    Kallipsoe
    ✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »
    Do you mean dungeon dailies? Cos those are globally the same every day

No, I mean every repeatable quest in the game. From Summerset to Wrothgar. It use to not be like this for us, only after a short break from the game.
  • Kallipsoe
    Kallipsoe
    ✭✭✭
    Gundug wrote: »
    It may not be much help to you, but I know that some repeatable quests can be picked up, dropped, and a different one may be gotten from the quest giver. That may not work for whatever quests you are doing though. You could also try creating a couple extra throwaway characters just to have potential access to different repeatable quests you can share with each other though.

I have attempted to pick up and drop the quest and still receive the same one. I have even tried going to a different zone , logging our, and other combinations to try and get another quest. So far no luck.

The only issue with the throw away characters is I would need to complete all of Morrowind, Summerset, Elsyer, Wrothgar, and soon Greymore to unlock the repeatable quest. I understand some might find that fun, but I do not look forward to having to do that again.

Thank you for your suggestions.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea if this will work but you might try having one of you accept a different quest from another player and just one of you doing that one to see if it puts you on a different cycle. Maybe your wife do a few and you do a few without doing the same ones for a day or two and see if that shakes it up some?
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."