Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can I nickname a Storage Chest?

newtinmpls
newtinmpls
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I've seen a few comments online that imply you can do this, but I cannot figure out how.
Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Place the chest in your home and then when you open it, at the bottom of the screen are the options to stack all items (Y key) or rename (R key). When you hit 'R', a box will popup to type your nickname in.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Dungeon Weapons I'll Probably Never Use But If I Ever Did I Don't Want To Farm Them Again"
    "Monster Sets I'll Probably Never Use But If I Ever Did I Don't Want To Farm Them Again"
    "More Stuff I'll Probably Never Use But Loot Tables Are So Awful In This Game That I Am Afraid To Decon"

"Maelstrom Weapons I'll Probably Never Use But If I Ever Did I Don't Want To Farm Them Again"
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    "Dungeon Weapons I'll Probably Never Use But If I Ever Did I Don't Want To Farm Them Again"
    "Monster Sets I'll Probably Never Use But If I Ever Did I Don't Want To Farm Them Again"
    "More Stuff I'll Probably Never Use But Loot Tables Are So Awful In This Game That I Am Afraid To Decon"

"Maelstrom Weapons I'll Probably Never Use But If I Ever Did I Don't Want To Farm Them Again"

Exactly!
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the answers

Thanks even more for the cool names!!
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two of my large coffers are labeled 'furniture', and 'more furniture' and I'm about to change a third to 'even more furniture'.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So far I have:

"Fish and similar stuff" - I have some ideas about decorating with sea things to create a kind of image/aquarium (and literally yesterday ran into that house in Murkmire that is like an aquarium - and is no longer for sale - not that I could have afforded it).

"Plants and Rocks" including the - count it - ONE - cool luminous plant that dropped while I was farming zombies to work up my Werewolf skills.
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Magnus emporium', 'Ceremonial garbs', 'Elemental Attire', 'War armor', 'Plate armor', Leather armor', 'Hunter Trophies'

Only too bad other players can't see the names of your chests.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aelorin wrote: »

I agree; that would be hilarious. I'm also astonished at the number of people who apparently aren't using them for housing stuff.

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm only using 3 so far. "Traits & styles" (I usually don't have ESO+), "Furniture" and "Other stuff".

I almost got to the point where I needed to split traints & styles into two seperate chests, but then there was an ESO+ trial so I got to start over from empty. I think I've got all the trait items back in there, but rare style materials are a lot slower to build up.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have "road snacks" where I keep all my food and drinks, and "alchemical concoctions" where I keep my potions and poisons.

Also have 2 for treasure maps, "maps A-G" and "maps H-Z".

Also have "disguises" where I keep all the quest disguises you pick up.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Aelorin wrote: »

I agree; that would be hilarious. I'm also astonished at the number of people who apparently aren't using them for housing stuff.

I put furnishings/housing stuff in the bank for easy access in all my houses. I can pull them directly and place them using the housing editor so there is no need to put them in chests, where I have to do an extra step and manually retrieve them.

I don’t think the storage coffers were created with furnishings in mind, rather gear and weapons.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• theskymoves
    theskymoves
    ✭✭✭✭
    I put furnishings/housing stuff in the bank for easy access in all my houses. I can pull them directly and place them using the housing editor so there is no need to put them in chests, where I have to do an extra step and manually retrieve them.

I don’t think the storage coffers were created with furnishings in mind, rather gear and weapons.

Furnishing items in storage chests are accessible in the housing editor. They don't have to be retrieved for placement.

Back on topic, six of my eight chests are dedicated to furnishing items ('Furnishing', 'Furnishing Redux', 'More Furnishing', 'Even More Furnishing', 'Yet More Furnishing', 'Glowy Stuff') with the other two holding maps and surveys ('Maps & Surveys', 'Surveys & Maps').
    Edited by theskymoves on May 9, 2020 1:00PM