Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Monster Set] Mighty Chudan is stupid. Let's fix it.

• Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think it should be a proc sets that summons the majestic creature to aide you in battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlJULk0f9xA
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    This set was not useless by far, it's actually a very under-appreciated set IMO on live right now. Though I will say the one piece bonus getting nearly cut in half will hurt it, so at most I'd add a little more to the two-piece, just not what OP chose.

Don't like the mass taunt option and I don't see them adding a tanky crit resist buff for pvp use with all the tank set slaughter they just unleashed.

Something minimal like a 5% block cost reduction or small health regen bonus, etc. Even where it will be after Greymoor, it will still serve the same niche use it does now: a set that saves bar space and resources (from not having to cast your own buff) while also giving some extra mit and health. It will just be a bit harder to justify based on the loss of the extra mit now.

That's totally fair. I like the sound of the basic small passive to go along with it. All I'm asking for is a little compensation to make up for the armor nerf on it. The suggestions in the OP were just that - suggestions. What it receives is of course up for discussion, but I do believe that it deserves something.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a big fan of Chudan as it is now. It's nice to have a set that simply gives you the option to free up a bar slot. In PvP, I use it on my sorc which enables me to use Race Against Time instead of Boundless Storm. And I use it on my Warden which helps with their super buff-heavy nature.

But I mean if you wanna buff it I won't complain.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like @ketsparrowhawk I like Chudan. Yes, my DK tank wears it to free a spell slot. But so does my warden for the same reason. My only concern here is that my warden is not a tank and surely wouldn't want the set providing any sort of taunt. For those who like and use Chudan, we don't just limit use of it to tanks. No taunt on in please. :)

Edited by AcadianPaladin on April 30, 2020 4:08PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like chudan the way it currently works on live. On a necro I can run that instead of the awful chain pull armor which frees up a skill slot. Same idea with sorc/DK you can drop boundless/volatile for RaT. I prob wouldn’t run it on a stam toon over live BS but it’s far from useless or in need of “fixing”. Adding a taunt sounds a bit.. half baked of an idea tbh.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on April 30, 2020 5:05PM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chudans good on a ww.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All you tank's running chudan, are you aware that the mages guild skill balance gives you both the buff and some magicka back, and allows you to use a support set that buffs your group? Chudan is an inferior option for tanks, it's just laziness running it.
    EU PC
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My tank runs Chudan to get major resolve which frees a slot to buff the group. Not sure I see a big end result differential from running a set that buffs the group by running a skill to get major resolve. I'm pleased with the results and that is what matters I figure. If I wanted to use a skill for major resolve, I'd slot DK hardened armor. But I don't.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on May 1, 2020 11:22AM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo