The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Emergency Downtime Hangout Thread...April 29, 2020

arena25
arena25
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello, ladies and gents. I was not expecting to make a thread tonight, but, here we are.

Feel free to vent, post videos/memes, and talk amongst yourselves while ZOS tries its best to fix whatever issue cropped up tonight.

Also, if you haven't already, check out my other thread concerning monster phobias...I've gotten some good responses so far, but I always love more data.

And finally, here's a good video to spark those imagination engines...and possibly make you get up and shake and behind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI0OTIbhJ6I

Now, let the craziness begin!
If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sdjfhcjvhcljkvhzcljhvdjhczkjsdsfjdhf!12127

That's all I have to say.
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Go Gators.

Actually, I was going to complain about missing out on my first lost daily reward of the month. But I can never pass up a chance at stoking the fires of one of the fiercer rivalries in the NCAA.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Goldie
    Goldie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even after 6 years, the exact same bugs and glitches are still present in the game, that were present when we all came into this beauty from early access.

6 Years. Same Bugs. Same Laggy Servers.

Oh, and I also see that the game went pay to win, you can now buy experience, skyshards, and... skill lines (please do not pay for these, a majority are available in the base game ffs).

After being back in the game for about two whole weeks, and somewhat enjoying the new content (New to me), I was about to make a comment here that the game may be ready to be released from this 6 year Beta test... but... today proves that wrong.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I give them credit for taking servers down so fast on a Wednesday night to fix the issues.

Granted after Maintenance beginning of week we all knew there were major issues with the servers.

I just pray it will ONLY take 2 hours to fix.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigM wrote: »
    I give them credit for taking servers down so fast on a Wednesday night to fix the issues.

Granted after Maintenance beginning of week we all knew there were major issues with the servers.

Since no one is in the actual datacenters/offices due to COVID, it is likely there are underlying issues that will never get fixed until ZoS files back into the office at some point down the line. Heck, one of the datacenter servers might have burned down and Zeni will never know until they get back into the office/datacenters and do a visual inspection...which might not be for weeks or even months at this rate.
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang, I didn't have time to do my writs this morning. :-(

Oh well. I'll get them done later instead of running a dungeon.

Good luck to the folks working on a fix.
    The Moot Councillor
  • TrinityFlint
    TrinityFlint
    ✭✭
    Le sigh...

:/
  • ItsMeToo
    ItsMeToo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goldie wrote: »
    Even after 6 years, the exact same bugs and glitches are still present in the game, that were present when we all came into this beauty from early access.

6 Years. Same Bugs. Same Laggy Servers.

Oh, and I also see that the game went pay to win, you can now buy experience, skyshards, and... skill lines (please do not pay for these, a majority are available in the base game ffs).

After being back in the game for about two whole weeks, and somewhat enjoying the new content (New to me), I was about to make a comment here that the game may be ready to be released from this 6 year Beta test... but... today proves that wrong.

Beta was over when they released the game. Even if you don't think it was.
    FYI - There is no such thing as 'night capping' in a world wide MMO.
    FYI - There was no paid Beta. When they launched the game the Beta was over, even if you don't think it was.
    FYI - It's B2P not F2P. There is a difference.
    FYI - It doesn't take any player skill to mash keys or buttons in this game. The ones that stay alive longer have the better internet connection and speed.
    FYI - The game is not broken, it still works. It just has 'bugs' that need to be fixed.
    Balance is a "Bad" thing.

Example: There were hundreds of Jedi and only two Sith in Star Wars. The Jedi wanted, "Balance in the Force" and they got it. Now there are only two Jedi and two Sith.

Is the glass half full or half empty?
    I say, "Get a smaller glass."
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    arena25 wrote: »
    BigM wrote: »

Since no one is in the actual datacenters/offices due to COVID, it is likely there are underlying issues that will never get fixed until ZoS files back into the office at some point down the line. Heck, one of the datacenter servers might have burned down and Zeni will never know until they get back into the office/datacenters and do a visual inspection...which might not be for weeks or even months at this rate.

Won't say you are wrong. I do believe there are at least one or two people that came in to work on servers on Monday. Tonight they could have been working on a fix for issues that happened after maintenance on Monday. Not saying they finished it but I do believe they know what caused the issues on Monday.

Just hoping they are right in 2 hours servers will be backup.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • TrinityFlint
    TrinityFlint
    ✭✭
    Is 2 hrs the best estimate? I'm going to make dinner if that's true.
  • ItsMeToo
    ItsMeToo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are back up atm.
    FYI - There is no such thing as 'night capping' in a world wide MMO.
    FYI - There was no paid Beta. When they launched the game the Beta was over, even if you don't think it was.
    FYI - It's B2P not F2P. There is a difference.
    FYI - It doesn't take any player skill to mash keys or buttons in this game. The ones that stay alive longer have the better internet connection and speed.
    FYI - The game is not broken, it still works. It just has 'bugs' that need to be fixed.

Example: There were hundreds of Jedi and only two Sith in Star Wars. The Jedi wanted, "Balance in the Force" and they got it. Now there are only two Jedi and two Sith.

Is the glass half full or half empty?
    I say, "Get a smaller glass."
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Go Gators.

Actually, I was going to complain about missing out on my first lost daily reward of the month. But I can never pass up a chance at stoking the fires of one of the fiercer rivalries in the NCAA.

Ahaahahaha
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2300+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Main PVE: Rynne, breton mag dk
    PVP: Levexa, EP nord mag dk
    Crafter: Sabaki Taiyo, khajiit templar
    RP: N'zuri, Penelope Mecoud, Vhenasi Galanodel, Alassea Rilynn'urdrenn, Taiga Soulhammer, Jhaneyl Everhath, Nym Baenre, Eilistraee, Levexa, Rynne Galanodel, Mielikki, Hanali Celanil, Arwen Galanodel, Grainne. I think I have a problem.
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goldie wrote: »

This isn't P2W, since you have to unlock them manually on one character first before you can buy them for another character.

It's more like Pay to Catch-Up; a completely optional way to skip a grind you've already done once.

P2W would be brand new players buying fully leveled skill lines immediately without putting any effort in.
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC