Look at the difference in these textures:

Jaraal
Jaraal
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
A comparison of the backs of three bookcases. Center, Redguard (oldest), left, Murkmire (newer), right, Elsweyr (newest).

The continuing degradation of texture quality for the sake of "performance" is quite alarming. I am concerned about how bad things will contine to get in the housing department.

ym6Ag7U.png
RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. Elsweyr was truly the worst. Muddy low rez textures and there are still quite a few items they didn't fix.

But you'll be pleased to know that they seemed to have taken housing seriously in Graymoor. :smile: Both the stone textures of the houses themselves, as the wood stone and metal textures of the furniture seem crisp and high-rez enough for their size. So not sure when (if) they will touch up older pieces (there are a few vanilla furniture too that look pretty bad), but for now it's reassuring that they definitely paid attention to this issue on their current releases.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Yep. Elsweyr was truly the worst. Muddy low rez textures and there are still quite a few items they didn't fix.

But you'll be pleased to know that they seemed to have taken housing seriously in Graymoor. :smile: Both the stone textures of the houses themselves, as the wood stone and metal textures of the furniture seem crisp and high-rez enough for their size. So not sure when (if) they will touch up older pieces (there are a few vanilla furniture too that look pretty bad), but for now it's reassuring that they definitely paid attention to this issue on their current releases.

Here's a shot of the same bookcase in my Bastion Sanguinarious house on test:

eiQycgp.png
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Here's a shot of the same bookcase in my Bastion Sanguinarious house on test:
    eiQycgp.png
    Lol, all right, that's pretty funny. :smiley: But come on, you know that the bugged parts of Bastion Sanguinaris are Work-In-Progress, we know it, they know it, they said so too. This image is what I meant when I said they took textures more seriously in Greymoor than in Elsweyr (look at those crisp Solitude textures mwah *chefs kiss*) :heart:
    k7clhla9e95u.png

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This image is what I meant when I said they took textures more seriously in Greymoor than in Elsweyr

I do like the walls and flooring in that manor, it would be awesome if we could actually have those materials in that gray to work with, rather than having only white, green, and reddish brown walls and floors to decorate with.

• dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing greymoore PTS in Ultra settings is soooo sexy. Playing Elsweyr on live on Ultra is meh.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing greymoore PTS in Ultra settings is soooo sexy. Playing Elsweyr on live on Ultra is meh.

The funny thing about Elsweyr is how many of the buildings look moldy, when the general climate is so arid that even grass doesn’t grow from lack of moisture.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

The funny thing about Elsweyr is how many of the buildings look moldy, when the general climate is so arid that even grass doesn’t grow from lack of moisture.

It looks more like lichen to me, but doesn’t that need moisture too?

I do rounds in Northern Elsweyr a lot, and for a place that is so arid, it seems to be raining about 50% of the time oddly. If ZOS would turn that down a bit maybe the frame rates wouldn’t be so bad, rain always makes it worse.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's no good.

There was no problem with performance, inside houses, unless you stuffed a huge house full of animated things, like fires and fountains, anyway.

Even then, it just meant that some of the animations didn't show up - it's not like the framerate dropped, dramatically, or anything.

They really need to sharpen the texture up on the Elsweyr stuff.
    Edited by Tigerseye on May 2, 2020 9:31PM