The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Perfect craftable set for Stamblade gankers

Armolition
Craftable set: Stuhn's Favor
(2 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
(2 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
(3 items) Adds 1487 Physical Penetration
(3 items) Adds 1487 Spell Penetration
(4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
(4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
(5 items) Increases your Physical and Spell Penetration by 13355 against Off-Balance enemies.

Shadow Disguise + Surprise Attack = sets opponents Off Balance, then Surprise attack does reduce your opponents resistances as well. I think it's over powered.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Damage Resistance (DR) caps at 50% at 33,000 resistance. (660 res. per 1% DR)

The 14,842 penetration negates 22.48% of that DR, this can be lower because of over-penetration on your end, or overflow-resistance on the other end.

In regards to only resistances, you deal ~22.48% more damage (Excluding the 258 wp/sp dmg) to off-balance targets during the off-balance window. There is also a question of when this set applies: does it apply to the damage from attacks that apply off-balance damage as well? Or only attacks afterwards?

In terms of burst damage, I'd say this set is going to be one of the best, though primarily single-target.

(If my info is correct) The cool-down on off-balance for players is 15s after the duration of off-balance finishes (15s + 3s = 18s).

Overall, with perfect off-balance uptime (1/6th of the time), you deal approximately 3.74% more damage with the penetration (Excluding the 258 wp/sp dmg and assuming no over-/under-penetration)

In terms of attrition however, this set isn't all that good. You get no resources for a larger pool of actions, and no regen for sustain. Compare it to a set like Marksman's Crest or Hawk's Eye, where you gain 8% and 5% damage with Bows with reduced costs and resources/regen, and this set falls flat a bit for any larger-scale group play.

This set is primarily burst damage only

This set is a good fit for burst damage players focusing on single-target or small group encounters but comes at a cost of lower overall resource availability and uncertain uptime in larger groups (others may have proc'ed off-balance on your target and you miss the damage window, hard to tell who's off-balance or not). You're arguably going to see it used to no end against new players in PvP to great effect in small-scale encounters (iffy in BGs) and ganking. I can tell you this is going to replace War Maiden on my MagNB Caluurion ganker (outside of bombing) and maybe a NB melee ganker not using ambush (Still prefer ranged, that Lethal arrow is more than a bit stronger and easier to use than Surprise attack).

In my opinion, I'd need to test it on the PTS to get some number comparisons between War Maiden and this set, but if there was a nerf to be found, I'd make the 2pc 129 WD and the 4pc 129 SP, not both each time.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on April 30, 2020 1:30AM
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering offbalance lasts 7 seconds with a 15sec cooldown all people really need to do is find whatever undodgeable cheese they want to hit the enemy in this time. For stamblade you will probably still have issues since your class has been pigeon holed into relying on a light attack proc that everyone knows is 80% of your burst potential. However if you hit your bow proc it will likely do 2/3 of someones health easily(except necro because zos has deemed it worthy of every possible % mit possible)
    other than nb we will likely see dot dks burn you down without counterplay options
    dotplars > Potl >charge >jabs
    warden > sub>dizzy/bird>spam of choice
    stamsorc > dizzy > (probs dizzy again since stamsorc literally has nothing)

annnnnd stamcro which of course gets the best out of anything a source of aoe off balance to pair with aoe major/minor defile with a possible aoe fracture/breach(not that it will be needed) on top of bonus dot damage which will also benefit from the pen.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Penetration was already nerfed to 11130 in this weeks pts
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    Penetration was already nerfed to 11130 in this weeks pts

the pen on that set is near close to what you get from onslaught on your average stam build, except it lasts 7 seconds with a 15sec cooldown compared to an ultimate that lasts 5 seconds with a ~55 second downtime(with bloodspawn...R.I.P.2020)

Even if the set gave 5k pen the set would still be a close contender for Bis next patch
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still Clever Alchemist.. because I use Onslaught and I don't need penetration.

rY78z1S.png?1
    Edited by Narvuntien on April 30, 2020 9:26AM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you even want stam NB ganker when you will be able to do the same, but better on every other class with new vampire passives ? Cost increase for non-vamp abilities does not matter much for ganking, since you use 2 - 4 skills at most...