The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

My Knuckles Idea.

RPGplayer13579
RPGplayer13579
✭✭✭✭
This idea serves multiple purposes. If you want to fight your way through this game by punching or casting your way it without losing two items from the sets you are collecting, then Knuckles are for you.

For Stamina builds have them set at the Blacksmithing stations with the Traits and Enchantments the same as the other weapons available at the forge. These Knuckles contribute to your Weapon Damage.

For Magicka builds have them set at the Jewelry stations with the same Traits and Enchantments as the rings and necklaces. These Knuckles contribute to your Spell Damage.
My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giving stamina and magicka builds different traits would be a nightmare to balance, so you just aborted your idea right there.
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    So are you saying if they all shared the same traits available then this idea could work? If so I would choose the Traits that come from Jewelry Crafting.
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry traits are notably worse then weapon traits in my opinion, so you want both variants to use standard traits.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are you saying if they all shared the same traits available then this idea could work? If so I would choose the Traits that come from Jewelry Crafting.

Whichever way you go, they would need to be the same traits for stamina and magicka. Otherwise it would be like saying: magicka users, you get to use 4 jewellery pieces; samina users, you get 3 weapon slots on each bar. It could work, but I'm reminded of the story about spherical cows in a vacuum. In the actual game, it would be nearly impossible to balance in a way that would be acceptable to most people, hence my first reply.

That said, I would really prefer to see some variety in magicka weapons before adding another equipment slot. Since launch magicka users have had to rely on staves, even during the days of dual wielding back bars (but you needed a saff on your front bar at the very least for magicka recovery). Other games have a much broader offering, from wands (meh) to foci/spellbooks (more to my liking). Problem is, TES lore doesn't really have that many options when it comes to magicka weapons, so D&D-style wands/foci would be problematic.