The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Transfer character

Thelevyeffect
Can you transfer xbox account/character to PC? Bethesda, if you can't, do you plan on making that available. I'll pay for that service if it is not to pricey.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cannot and they have not said that it's in their road map.

People who left console restarted from scratch on PC.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. The last word from Zos was that they have no intention of building out what would be needed to transfer between platforms. Of course, they could build out such a system and Zos has shown a willingness to change their mind but at this time it is not available.
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. And nope. They made a character transfer available one time when instituting brand new databases for consoles. And they have said since they have no plans and no interest in enabling any other transfer options.

You can find information on this (including info from ZOS I believe) by using the search function either here or in google, though I think google is superior.
    Options
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering how bad it is on the PS I think it should be a thing.
    Options
  • Snippit_Thomas
    Snippit_Thomas
    ✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

Not correct, when we first went to Console we could transfer, not something they can do now.
    Options
  • MilkJugg24
    MilkJugg24
    ✭✭
    There was a brief moment of time where the initial Xbox One and Playstation 4 releases allowed for account migration. From what I remember, this was a one-way ticket. I don't foresee any chance of getting the reverse option anytime soon.

Here is a help article which explains why this cannot be done. While I don't think it was the smartest idea to not monetize a transfer service, it makes sense in how it was a one-time deal. The reason seems to be the differing databases between PC, Xbox One and Playstation 4. I doubt all three platforms were designed equally, which is unfortunate. If I were to design a database system for a new platform, I would ideally want it to be 1:1 with other systems to prevent situations like this from happening. I don't think the console release versions are intended to feel so disjointed from the PC counterpart. It was perhaps just a rushed decision or a poorly designed implementation of a database schema.

Only with an overhaul in the future, could we be able to transfer automatically between platforms without the need to manual transfer by an employee. There are many MMOs out there which have this feature, but usually only for transferring server locations, not platforms.
    Edited by MilkJugg24 on April 29, 2020 4:03AM
    I play on PC NA! Currently looking for a casual dungeon and trial group/guild. If you want to talk, feel free to message me here or in-game to Pizza (Yes, I'm the original Pizza)
    Follow me on Twitter for video games and cats. I also casually stream on Twitch!
    Options
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One can only hope that one day they will decide to make the tools to allow this to happen. After all alliance change was not going to happen but now it is.
    Edited by Hotdog_23 on April 29, 2020 7:29AM
    Options
  • ayu_fever
    ayu_fever
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if there is money to be made, it will happen. example:
    alliance change tokens were “impossible,” and now it will be here soon.

even though account transfer is a more complex thing, it will happen at some point as well, and it will be sooner rather than later.

glorious playstation and silly xbox nonsense get a new console this year (maybe) and we dont know how eso will be handled. (using a ps5 perhaps you play on “ps4 servers” OR you play on an empty ps5 server since so few people will have it early on?)
    time will tell.
    PS4 NA

all characters are members of the ebonheart pact master race
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT

main character:
    Rebekah Straight-Fire, breton templar healer: THE FATEBRINGER (dungeons, trials, pvp)
    —MERIDIA’S LUSTRANT— 1100+CP; alliance rank 21 (major grade 1); Rebekah is the most devoted and loyal follower of the lady of infinite energies and the highest ascendant of meridia’s purified legion and was forged from meridia’s brilliant radiance of purity.

other meta toons-
    Alexa Straight-Fire, breton warden healer: THE ALCHEMIST (dungeons, trials)
    Sasha Straight-Fire, nord dragonknight tank: THE UNBREAKABLE (dungeons, trials)
    Freyja Straight-Fire, nord warden tank: THE ICEBERG (dungeons, trials)
    Ororo Straight-Fire, dark elf magsorc: THE SHOCKWAVE (dungeons, trials)
    Michonne Straight-Fire, redguard stamDK: THE EVISCERATOR (dungeons, trials)

just for fun toons-
    Rhea Straight-Fire, wood elf warden stam healer: THE RANGER
    Shiva Straight-Fire, high elf warden ice mage: THE CRYOMANCER
    Morgana Straight-Fire, dark elf necromancer solo play: THE DEATHSINGER
    Lucille Straight-Fire, dark elf nightblade solo play: THE VOIDWALKER
    Diana Straight-Fire, nord templar tank: THE CLERIC
    Falsetto Straight-Fire, orc stamsorc werewolf: THE THUNDERHOWL
    Options
  • svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nanfoodle wrote: »
    Considering how bad it is on the PS I think it should be a thing.

Ok im on PS it´s ok 95% of the time. sometime it´s ISP problems.

Issue solved by moveing to PC ? Lol
    Options
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish the game was crossplay
    Options
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be in their roadmap. Its ridiculas its not a thing. Also cross platform play needs to happen
    Options
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be in their roadmap. Its ridiculas its not a thing. Also cross platform play needs to happen
    Between consoles, sure. But only between consoles and PC if add-ons are completely disabled. Not just combat ones, but the economic ones would also provide an unfair advantage. I doubt there’d be much enthusiasm to give up those add-one. Hell, I wouldn’t want to if I had them since QoL features are seriously lacking.

Options
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Currently you cannot even transfer between servers on the same platform, so cross-platform transfer seem out of the question completely. :(
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not correct, when we first went to Console we could transfer, not something they can do now.

Irrelevant. The comment you quoted was about players who have left console, not those who joined it.
    Options
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If nothing else it should be cross play. It's a thing in 2020 more and more games are making the move.
    Options
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can it be done? Of course. Would it be easy? Definitely not, given how database constraints and unique identifiers work. The easiest examples are character names, which have a constraint on them to ensure uniqueness. ZoS could easily add logic in the case the name already exists, prepopulate it with [WhateverYouWant]...but that would then require code-changes elsewhere most likely. That is just one example and I'm sure dozens more exist that are probably much more complicated to solve. So it really comes down to what benefit does it serve ZoS to do this? There seems to be a small percentage of people who might pay for this, but I'm sure the cost would be expensive so they'd have to determine if the reward was worth it. But they probably would prefer you just buy the game again on a new system, spend more money with that new account, etc...
    Options
  • Glenmorils
    Glenmorils
    ✭✭✭
    I wish! I had to restart when I switched to PC, but honestly, it's kind of fun starting over from scratch (though it's only been a few days, we'll see if it wears off.)

I only wish there was an option to transfer crowns, or crown-store items to the new account... like is there a way to prove it is us? Same email? Card information? I would happily have all of my crown store items stripped from my PS4 account and added to my new PC one. I don't even need the character progress, just the stuff I paid for.
    Options
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glenmorils wrote: »
    I wish! I had to restart when I switched to PC, but honestly, it's kind of fun starting over from scratch (though it's only been a few days, we'll see if it wears off.)

I only wish there was an option to transfer crowns, or crown-store items to the new account... like is there a way to prove it is us? Same email? Card information? I would happily have all of my crown store items stripped from my PS4 account and added to my new PC one. I don't even need the character progress, just the stuff I paid for.

While I think your idea would be nice in theory, I have to play Devils Advocate and say that it could be abused. You could have people buying crowns with gold in one environment, transfer them over to a different environment, and re-sell at a higher price. Is that type of behavior game-breaking or even market-breaking? I don't think so, but it's just another avenue for people to buy/sell gold across various platforms. And without actual character transfers for a specific fee, this would allow people to restart on another server much easier which I don't believe ZoS really wants you to do. I don't mean that negatively, but it benefits them more if you're spending money within two different platforms.
    Options
  • Glenmorils
    Glenmorils
    ✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    Glenmorils wrote: »

While I think your idea would be nice in theory, I have to play Devils Advocate and say that it could be abused. You could have people buying crowns with gold in one environment, transfer them over to a different environment, and re-sell at a higher price. Is that type of behavior game-breaking or even market-breaking? I don't think so, but it's just another avenue for people to buy/sell gold across various platforms. And without actual character transfers for a specific fee, this would allow people to restart on another server much easier which I don't believe ZoS really wants you to do. I don't mean that negatively, but it benefits them more if you're spending money within two different platforms.

I can see the logic, but in my situation I recently got a PC for gaming and simply wanted to play over there. I'm not going to be splitting my time between the two for this game - I switched the platform. Regardless of what they want me to do, it would be nice if there was a 1-time transfer available for people in my situation (of which there are many, I've found in my first few days on PC). I'm not suggesting just letting people transfer between accounts whenever they want... making the decision to migrate to a different platform shouldn't be one that is happening frequently for each individual player, though having your accounts linked would be nice.

Realistically, I am not going to be spending money on both platforms. It would be a nice gesture by the company to let a customer do something like this. Even losing the leftover crowns, expansions or remaining membership I had on PS4 is fine with me - I understand I need a different copy of the game. I just want some of the store items that are linked to my PS4 account. Character customization, mounts, that kind of thing.
    Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    No. The last word from Zos was that they have no intention of building out what would be needed to transfer between platforms. Of course, they could build out such a system and Zos has shown a willingness to change their mind but at this time it is not available.

If they can attach a price tag to it they'll do it got race change, appearance change, alliance change, did a one time server change back on console launch I'll give it time it'll eventually get here they gotta decide between 3k or 10k crown costs though lol
    Options
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If nothing else it should be cross play. It's a thing in 2020 more and more games are making the move.
    That Final fantasy MMO for ps4 has had crossplay for a while now between ps4 and pc
    Options
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Final fantasy MMO for ps4 has had crossplay for a while now between ps4 and pc

Thanks. One more reason to never play that game.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember when alliance change was never going to happen?
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I specifically said people who left console for PC, which is the OP's situation.

It doesn't matter to them that they copied PC data to the blank console databases before launch, they are not going to wipe the PC servers to replace it with console data.

The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

Ahh don't kill our hope with facts lets us dream and never say never.
    Options