The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Add on doesn't add on anything

Pospolity
Pospolity
Hello. I just dowloaded popular addons for skyshards and lore books. I can see them from character selecting menu, so everything should be workings. I don't see any markers for skyshards/lore books anywhere in game tho. What do I do wrong?
“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” - FN
PC EU
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming you mean the Lorebooks add-on, did you also download and activate the other required libraries listed on the addon's page? It won't work without those.
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info288-LoreBooks.html
  • Pospolity
    Pospolity
    Okay, I'm gonna try that tomorrow. What about skyshards?
    “And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” - FN
    PC EU
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pospolity wrote: »
    Okay, I'm gonna try that tomorrow. What about skyshards?

Assuming its this add-on, check that you have the required libraries listed at the bottom of the entry. A number of addons do have required dependencies that are listed on their download page. https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info128-SkyShards.html
  • Trandelyn
    Trandelyn
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same issue now and it's not just with the Skyshard addon. It looks like some of the libraries have been disabled somehow. I checked everything on my end in Minion and it's all up to date. Looks like LibGPS is one of the big ones that a lot of Addons use that has been disabled.
  • Trandelyn
    Trandelyn
    Soul Shriven
    So it looks like I was able to figure it out. Seems there was a new Lib that was added to LibGPS that caused a cascade effect lol. The new Lib is LibDebugLogger. Check to see if you are missing that, if so just go to ESOui or if you use Minion you can get it there. Once you at it Skyshard should start working again.
  • Pospolity
    Pospolity
    Ok, so. I have every lib I need according to what my game says. Lore add on is working now.
    I still have a problem with skyshards:
    bg6smgermm6f.png

What do I do?
    PC EU
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have LibGPS2? Looks like the add-on can't access it. Re-downloading either the library or the add-on might be worth a shot. If that doesn't help, my best guess would be to find the library in your folders and see if moving it around does anything.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trandelyn wrote: »
    I am having the same issue now and it's not just with the Skyshard addon. It looks like some of the libraries have been disabled somehow. I checked everything on my end in Minion and it's all up to date. Looks like LibGPS is one of the big ones that a lot of Addons use that has been disabled.

I noticed this when it happened to me the other evening. Several of my add-ons suddenly didn't work.

Just as one example (you might have to do it for multiple Disabled Libs):

Look at LibGPS in the add-ons section in-game. If it's red and says it's Disabled, you should be able to click on the LibGPS title for a drop-down that shows what other add-ons (other Libs) it is dependent on. You'll need to install those Libs.
    Once you do that, LibGPS will work again, as will any other app that is dependent on LibGPS.
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,
    We had to remove some posts due to violating our rules involving baiting and bashing. Please keep your posts constructive and civil. If you have any questions about the actions being taken, please take a moment to review our community rules here.
    Staff Post
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just my 2 drakes for OP.
    The lib library's that were mentioned are probably most relative and important here as others have stated.

Other factors are if there is a new maintenance / patch / new updates, it will sometimes "re-set" or flag "out-of-date" add ons. You might have to go and check your add ons after these occurrences.

Check you settings. A lot of add ons have several settings to them, aspects with on/off settings, etc. Open Settings>Add ons and check if your settings are set up for you.

Lorebooks and Skyshards are some of the oldest ones in ESO, so should be easy to fix, but if in future you add more and have issues you cant figure out, going to Minion>Add on>Comments, you can message the add on creator for advise.

Good luck and Huzzah!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Pospolity
    Pospolity
    I have LibGPS2 and everything it needs in order to work. Nothing is red. I'm gonna try to reinstall them after today's update.
    Thank you guys for all advices!
    PC EU
  • Sir_Gentleman777
    Sir_Gentleman777
    ✭✭✭
    Just a thought, did you also activate the filters in the map settings? if the settings are off you won't see anything. You have the option to show discovered and non-discovered skyshards. Also note that sometimes skyshards can be hidden behind other icons. If you are missing for example one skyshard in a zone, zoom either in, or switch all other icons temporarily off so you only see skyshards, place a custom marker at the location and then switch on the other icons again.