The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How I’d like werewolf form to be changed from a cosmetic standpoint

Katrk
Katrk
✭✭✭
I am a huge fan of the 20th century universal pictures monster films. My biggest gripe with the form currently, is that looks too animalistic compared to what I believe a man turned animal should look like. Biggest changes I’d like to see is it ZOS if they could allow me to wear my current outfit/costume while I’m in the form as seen below.

489uu9hk1y5g.jpeg
This is the legendary Lon Chaney Jr’s Wolfman which in my opinion is the most accurate depiction of a werewolf.

For a more modern look, here’s what I believe could also work.
2mwck4lpdsbn.jpeg
This artwork in from the 2010 Wolfman remake.

These are my examples of how I would like the Werwolf Form to look like. What are your preferences and how would you like the form to look like? I look forward to discussing this with the community.

• Skykaiser_Ọlọrun
    Never liked the wolfman look, just reminds me of a Sasquatch more than anything else. Much prefer werewolves that look like...wolves.

Having said that, more options don't hurt. WWs sorely need a visual update one way or the other.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need an update but not that kind of update. In lore the beast takes full control of the individual which is why its pretty much impossible for were creatures to get a good night's rest. In Daggerfall you could turn into a wereboar and it forced you to go on a killing rampage every ingame month otherwise it penalized you with a HP reduction. The bestial look and feel works for them more than the wolf man thing from a lore standpoint.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Veesk
    Veesk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy to see a model update to be more similar to the Skyrim model.
    340?cb=20120125125611
    skyrim_werewolf.jpg
    It'd still have that similarity of the exaggerated hands/claws but a face and texture update would be nice.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Katrk wrote: »
    I am a huge fan of the 20th century universal pictures monster films. My biggest gripe with the form currently, is that looks too animalistic compared to what I believe a man turned animal should look like. Biggest changes I’d like to see is it ZOS if they could allow me to wear my current outfit/costume while I’m in the form as seen below.

489uu9hk1y5g.jpeg
    This is the legendary Lon Chaney Jr’s Wolfman which in my opinion is the most accurate depiction of a werewolf.

For a more modern look, here’s what I believe could also work.
    2mwck4lpdsbn.jpeg
    This artwork in from the 2010 Wolfman remake.

These are my examples of how I would like the Werwolf Form to look like. What are your preferences and how would you like the form to look like? I look forward to discussing this with the community.

I prefer how it currently looks. A man-sized wolf creature with a tail that stands on two legs or can run on all fours.
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh hell no from me, I hate Wolfman looks and much prefer what the Howling did in 1981. For me, that was the gateway to the best looking werewolf ever made.
    tumblr_nv6vfsZwre1re3gzzo5_500.gifv
    tumblr_nv6vfsZwre1re3gzzo7_500.gifv
    67b1a9706d181471e7c8cf345203ac11.gif
    source.gif

Definately prefer the more woflish look.

• MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It already exists, it is called the Werewolf Lord polymorph and Sable Man-Beast Skin
  • Benzux
    Benzux
    ✭✭✭✭
    As was mentioned above, there is a polymorph for this kind of look.
    Not to even mention that TES Werewolves (and other were-creatures) are not simply humanoids with wolf-like traits. They are monsters, and should look the part, and not like something out of the horrible nightmare that is the Cats movie.
    BenzuxGamer - Xbox One since day 1 - CP 1500+
    Guildmaster of the Sacrificial Warriors, one of the oldest and most member-orientated Guilds on the Xbox One EU Megaserver
    "Casual" player from Finland who enjoys questing and dumb builds even after well over 1000 CP levels and 4000+ hours. A fan of Argonians, Goats and Elk. Also a massive Otaku (MAL Profile).
    "Following the meta makes you a sheep. That's why I'm a goat: I go in the opposite direction and make use of the things the sheep cannot." - Me, 2019
    Characters:
    Ben-Zu - Argonian MagDK DPS - EP (Main)
    Benzuth Telvanni - Dunmer MagSorc DPS - EP
    Haknir Head-Crusher - Nord DK Tank/Stam DPS - EP
    Delves-Deepest-Depths - Argonian StamBlade DPS - EP
    Raises-The-Dead - Argonian Mag Necromancer DPS7Healer - EP (Previously a Sorc healer, RIP)
    Bthuzdir Ynzavretz - Dwemer StamSorc DPS - AD (Dunmer in-game)
    Fafnir the Dragon - Nord Stam DK DPS - EP
    Bloodmage Thalnos - Breton MagBlade DPS - DC
    Finnis Wolfheart - Bosmer Stam Warden DPS - EP
    Gwyneth - Nord Warden Tank - EP
    Kud-Wazei Xeroicas - Argonian Mag Templar DPS/Tank - EP
    Barkskin Ben-Zhu - Argonian Warden Healer - EP (Alternate version of main)
    Xal-Vakka Xeroicas - Argonian DK Healer - EP
    Jaree-Shei the Wamasu - Argonian Sorcerer Tank - EP
    Gwennen Ereloth - Snow Elf Mag Warden DPS - EP (Dunmer in-game)
    Friedrich der Grosse - Imperial Nightblade Tank - EP
    Warfarin - Altmer Nightblade Healer - EP
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just a shaggy Orc, not a werewolf :D. Though I respect your interest in old movies (personally I think they're much better than modern ones at some points..), the concept of a werewolf shown in those old movies is the late one. Werewolves were created not by Hollywood, but by a folklore of different nations. The folklore of mine depicts vampires and werewolves much differently from the ones shown in modern fiction, but modern werewolf images are much closer to those of the folklore. So I would like the picture to stay the same. @Benzux and the guys are right - the polymorph is exactly the thing that might suit your tastes.