Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

About how long does it take to complete a crown store DLC?

RachaelTheThicc
RachaelTheThicc
Soul Shriven
I aint spending $50 for 3months of ESO Plus... I'm planning on playing the crap out of a 1month membership and getting all the special DLC items before the membership is expired. What is the typical amount of time to beat the DLC's?

Best Answer

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    See, the problem is the 'getting all the special DLC items' part. You can easily 'complete' DLCs - as in playthrough quests and complete all map objectives in 2 days. But if you want to get all items, that will take longer.

Some DLCs (Thieves Guild and Clockwork City) come with trials, so if you need any sets from there, be prepared to farm. Some DLCs have Arenas (Orsinium and Murkmire) so if you need items from there... yep, be prepared to farm. Especially Orsinium's Maelstrom Arena weapons which will apparently get perfected versions. Some DLCs have skill lines you need to level through grindy quests (Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Summerset). Also, some achievement items, set stations and crafting materials (Dragonhold) are locked behind dailies so you'll need to spend a set amount of time in that DLC to get them.

DLCs were released over several years, and weren't designed so that players can get all the stuff from all DLCs in 1 month, lol. So you'll have to figure out your priorities if you really only have 1 month of ESO+. Also, I think the best experience is taking your time with the content to let it sink in, so you might wanna focus on completing a few DLCs you are most interested in, rather than trying to rush through everything and juggling dailies in several zones every day.
    Answer ✓
  • RedReign
    RedReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    eh...depends. Some you can knock out in a day. Also depends on if you mean beat as in "complete" or "bum rush through the main quest"
  • RedReign
    RedReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh! also a lot of the mythic items are hidden in DLC zones. Meaning you have to have them to acquire the best gear now.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't "complete" a DLC. Once the locations are introduced to the game, they're available for future content to be added to them, so there will always be a reason to go back. They designed it that way, to prevent exactly what you're intending.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It won't be possible to get every item from every DLC in one month, so I recommend finding out what's available from each one and working out what you actually want so you can prioritise that, then you'll be able to get a better sense of how long it's likely to take.

I also recommend focusing on things which are account bound like achievement skins and titles, because if you're not interested in playing the content and want to spend as little as possible you're probably better off buying crowns, converting them to gold and using that to buy stuff from guild traders than trying to farm it yourself. Especially since a lot of items from DLCs are random drops, so it's impossible to say how long it will take to get as it could be on your 1st attempt or your 100th.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"