The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Scathing mage or spinners?

rexagamemnon
rexagamemnon
✭✭✭✭✭
I use julianos and spinners currently with skoria, on my magplar. But i’ve heard about changes to direct damage That would make scathing mage an awesome choice for magplars because supposedly bitting jabs/punturing sweeps is becoming direct damage and will proc scathing mage now. So im just trying to get some advice from the community about whether to keep spinners or go for scathing mage
  • Ghnami
    Ghnami
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on rest of setup, I personally DESTROY with Bright Throat and New Moon Acolyte and lover mundus for pen, potentate backbar. Since you don't have pen from julianos, I'd probably stick with spinners until you get new moon acolyte, and then replace julianos with NMA and then you get to pick whether you want to do more damage through pen or have more utility and scaling in heals with scathing mage.

I personally will not PVP without bright throat unless in an organized group and then the only set I might consider to replace is PFG divines or impen. Bright throat gives everything a pvp mag needs, then you can fill in with stacking more mag, stacking some damage, or pen based on personal preference.
    Options