The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Set Crafting Stations: Remove the option for normal crafting

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
I think the option for creating normal weapons, armor and jewelry should be removed from set crafting stations. I get tired of messing up and accidentally creating a normal item when I need a set piece for a writ etc. Even though I always try to pay attention it does happen once in a while. Last night it cost me 10k as the mat I used had cost me 10 k to buy at a vendor. I mean really, it is a pain the you know what. I had a friend do this on a gold jewelry master writ long ago didn't realize it was just a normal piece until he went to turn in the writ.

Thoughts?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It gives me a warning when I try to craft a normal piece at a set crafting station, @Veinblood1965.

Are you saying you ran through a stop sign?
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It gives me a warning when I try to craft a normal piece at a set crafting station, @Veinblood1965.

Are you saying you ran through a stop sign?

Yes and I received a 10K ticket. I was thinking about it though, I mean why have the option anyway on those types of stations. The only time I ever use them for normal crafting is if I happen to run across one in the world and use it decon to free up space.
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on April 27, 2020 8:07PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, crafting non-set items is a nice option to have ... which I have used before.

Crafting for low level Alts is a good example. As they don’t have monster sets available and might need an non-set piece in addition to a crafted set.

Especially if you’re far away from a wayshrine like the Willow’s Path station in Bangkorai.

z0svZ7g.png