The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

House sale

Silaf
Silaf
✭✭✭✭
I don't get it. Why are houses a limited time thing if we all know they will eventually come back? Isen'n it only bad for sales Zos?
And when will the next sale be?
  • RedReign
    RedReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    The limited time thing is a marketing trick that creates a false sense of urgency. The idea is to trick people (especially those with poor impulse control) to buy immediately out of fear that if they wait they'll be waiting for months or a year before it's available again.

However, there is not a single item from the crown store that they won't sell you if you send a support ticket and politely ask them too.
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    RedReign wrote: »
    The limited time thing is a marketing trick that creates a false sense of urgency. The idea is to trick people (especially those with poor impulse control) to buy immediately out of fear that if they wait they'll be waiting for months or a year before it's available again.

However, there is not a single item from the crown store that they won't sell you if you send a support ticket and politely ask them too.

Thanks i will try.
    My point is that the "urgency" is nonexistent if we all know the items will come beck.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is. I asked them for several things once, and they only allowed some of them. So just to throw it out there: the ticket method is NOT an endorsed nor guaranteed way to get old limited time offers. It sometimes works, sometimes with caveats (e.g. houses only completely bare), and sometimes doesn't at all. My experiences with support are overwhelmingly positive, but I wouldn't want people to get false expectations. So bear that it mind. :smile:

As for the limited time sales of houses and other Crown Store items, yes. It's odd, and annoying for players most of the time. There might be a handful of players who get persuaded to buy the LTO because of the time pressure, but there are also tons of people who would gladly impulse-buy tons of stuff they are currently in the mood for, but can't because the item is only available for 3 days per year, lol. :lol: And by that time, they either forgot, found something better, or stopped playing.

Some houses come back regularly for their celebration events (e.g. Dark Brotherhood celebration and Erstwhile Sanctuary, Orsinium celebration and Pariah's Pinnacle, Exorcized Coven Cottage for Halloween). Other than that, yes you can try a ticket, the worst thing that can happen is they say no, so it's worth trying. Just don't treat it as a 100% guaranteed method.
  • RedReign
    RedReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    Silaf wrote: »

Thanks i will try.
    My point is that the "urgency" is nonexistent if we all know the items will come beck.

Its not about knowing whether or not the items will come back, it's knowing that they wont be back for 6 months to a year. They're preying on impatience.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, it's not really impatience to not want to wait for something, like a house, for a full year before it comes back, again.

Especially as games like this don't last forever, so another year is a year less to enjoy it.

Yes, you can ask at any time, via a ticket, but (apparently) the house then won't come with even the basic items normally included with an unfurnished house.

Plus, you obviously have to go to the trouble of asking them.

So, yes, it's creating a sense of false scarcity, but it's not that surprising if it works.