The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Would like to try out RP. No idea how one goes about it.

CMDR_Un1k0rn
CMDR_Un1k0rn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hello guys. Yes, I'm aware of my words regarding mudballs a few weeks ago in a certain thread in General Discussion. I've maintained my promise to never slot those mementos again, except in guild events which have to be treated differently. (My main guild is a bit nuts)

Usually I now have nothing but potions, food and PvP sieges on my quickslots. So yeah. Truly sorry about the other day.

Anyway, moving on to my question.

Believe it or not, but I actually thoroughly enjoy writing. I do feel that everyone should have a creative pursuit and for me, writing is that pursuit. I have a long-term project where I am building a setting for an unrelated TTRPG.

Now here's the thing... The concept of RP in ESO sounds really cool to me! I love this setting's lore! Elder Scrolls will always be my first love in fantasy, and my favourite to boot.

But the idea of RP is, perhaps understandably, a little daunting.

Forgive me for the apparent ignorance. In many respects, that is exactly what it is. But it's like, how do people act within RP communities? Does it get, well, weird, if you catch my drift?

What expectations are there, beyond the obvious need to be respectful?

I think this question of mine here has been driven in no small part by the fact that I am writing a backstory for my main. Making good progress, I think, and it is very enjoyable. It's the first step I've made into writing TES fan-fiction.

Anyway, I would appreciate any feedback. Thank you.
In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Rye_puff
    Rye_puff
    ✭✭
    Weird as in what, NSFW? I haven’t done RP for a while but no, not unless stated. You couldn’t do 18+ RP on these forums anyway. Both gruesome and NSFW roleplay isn’t allowed. There are other sites you can do that, some sites specifically for that.
    The best way to learn is to first read through some topics made by others for a while then just jump straight into it, you can do it through private messages/email or forums. I haven’t done any detailed world-building stuff so I can’t speak from that aspect, but I have done very detailed and literate posting. There are rules and guidance threads usually. I mean, I started with some cringy chatbox RP.

Some people are totally new to roleplay too, you can do things to customise but its mostly up to you. You can ask for semi-literate or literate roleplay, some people for example ask for a minimum of x words per post, so you’re pushing your creative abilities. I find though that this can burn you out or force you to run out of things to write about.
    Edited by Rye_puff on April 17, 2020 5:48AM
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rye_puff wrote: »
    Weird as in what, NSFW? I haven’t done RP for a while but no, not unless stated. You couldn’t do 18+ RP on these forums anyway. Both gruesome and NSFW roleplay isn’t allowed. There are other sites you can do that, some sites specifically for that.
    The best way to learn is to first read through some topics made by others for a while then just jump straight into it, you can do it through private messages/email or forums. I haven’t done any detailed world-building stuff so I can’t speak from that aspect, but I have done very detailed and literate posting. There are rules and guidance threads usually. I mean, I started with some cringy chatbox RP.

Some people are totally new to roleplay too, you can do things to customise but its mostly up to you. You can ask for semi-literate or literate roleplay, some people for example ask for a minimum of x words per post, so you’re pushing your creative abilities. I find though that this can burn you out or force you to run out of things to write about.

Oh no no no. Sorry, that was bad communication on my part.

I meant in-game RP.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Rye_puff
    Rye_puff
    ✭✭
    Oh, if that’s the case, why not just ask in-game if anyone does RP? I haven’t done that before because I use PS4 but I hear people do it quite a bit on PC.
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PC.. I love RPing but am very shy.
    First suggestion is of course, guilds or friends. May not be easy to find, but hopefully it'll go well on your end! ^-^
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rye_puff wrote: »
    Oh, if that’s the case, why not just ask in-game if anyone does RP? I haven’t done that before because I use PS4 but I hear people do it quite a bit on PC.
    kadochka wrote: »
    I'm on PC.. I love RPing but am very shy.
    First suggestion is of course, guilds or friends. May not be easy to find, but hopefully it'll go well on your end! ^-^

Honestly, I think I'm under-utilising the fact I'm in two housing servers. I have a feeling they are very good places to start.
  • Ithilis
    Ithilis
    ✭✭✭
    Discord is pretty good place to start too.
    There is ESO-RP multi platform Discord server. When you join, request a tag for PC EU, NA or consoles and then see looking for rp channels and guild posts.
    https://discord.gg/wkhgEFk
    Leader of Storytellers&Slavers RP guild PC EU
    Officer in Aetherius Art Housing guild PC EU
    Saxhleel - Power to the Hist
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ithilis wrote: »
    Discord is pretty good place to start too.
    There is ESO-RP multi platform Discord server. When you join, request a tag for PC EU, NA or consoles and then see looking for rp channels and guild posts.
    https://discord.gg/wkhgEFk

Sir that is perfect! Thank you.