The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Really annoying issue with AlphaGear 2

Granicus
Granicus
✭✭✭
I have this problem with AG periodically not reloading the back bar when changing profiles. And I don’t usually know this until I am in combat and can’t correct it. I get error messages in chat when I try to use the BB and I don’t have the skills I was needing to use. It’s like AG (updated to most recent version) just forgot to change the BB when I changed profiles. I shouldn’t have to check my BB every time I make a change. I generally like AG but I’m ready to drop it if this isn’t fixed. Anyone else having this issue?
PC/NA
PvE
Intel I9-9900K
32GB RAM
2x 1TB Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 SSDs
Nvidia RTX 2080 TI 11GB
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes it fails to change skills but very rarely like one in hundred maybe. Other than that i never had problems with it. Also up to date.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you swap bars after loading a profile, before you are in combat. Change AG profile, swap bars, charge in. I’ve never had the issue with my back bar not changing correctly since I started doing this. Sometimes I swap bars back and forth a few times just to be sure, or because I enjoy the animation. Weapon 1, weapon 2. Weapon 1, weapon 2. Weapon 1, weapon 2. So satisfying, just me?

Anyway, try that and see if it fixes your AG issues.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Granicus
    Granicus
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your responses. I’ve taken to check my BB after loading profiles, though IMO we shouldn’t have to do this. Not sure why AG can’t be depended upon. I’d say it happens about one in twenty times for me (across all my chars), but now I check every time.
    PC/NA
    PvE
    Intel I9-9900K
    32GB RAM
    2x 1TB Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 SSDs
    Nvidia RTX 2080 TI 11GB
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have this issue a lot, and sometimes when I do the swap trick it will end up sticking one of the bars on both bars.