Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do I scry?

fiender66
fiender66
✭✭✭✭
I use a dual shock controller on Mac. When Gabrielle (in the PTS Solitude) instructs me to scry, I have no way to do it. Ofc I've activated the passives of the scry skill line, and also tried to push M on the keyboard (which produces the map), but I do not find any key or shortcut.
Anyone savvy and willing to help?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PTS in-game help section on Antiquities was expansive and helpful ... I was able to complete a Legendary scry using that information alone.

I suggest you start there, @fiender66, and let us know what questions you have after you've had some time to digest the information.

Picture of the Legendary scry below just for fun ... ;)

KMHwsLw.png
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on April 21, 2020 7:32PM
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, @Taleof2Cities
    I cannot help thinking that a much more simpler mention of which button (if any) I have to push on my controller could have been more helpful, anyway...
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've read the help carefully, and I did not found it so helpful. For others with antiquities related problems I'd recommend the thread by @Saucy_Jack in the PTS section of the forum
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fiender66 wrote: »
    I've read the help carefully, and I did not found it so helpful. For others with antiquities related problems I'd recommend the thread by @Saucy_Jack in the PTS section of the forum

Make sure you send an in-game feedback ticket on PTS, @fiender66 ... that you didn't find the in-game help section helpful.

Different players can have a different experience with it.
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    fiender66 wrote: »

Make sure you send an in-game feedback ticket on PTS, @fiender66 ... that you didn't find the in-game help section helpful.

Different players can have a different experience with it.

Thank you for taking the time to answer me, @Taleof2Cities

[snip] If you are one of the devs in incognito, the other threads on this matter in the PTS section are enlightening enough on the difficulties players experience. If instead you are only a player, like me, well, a more modest attitude is in order, IMHO.
    Best regards

[edited for bait]
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on April 23, 2020 3:28PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you open the map after getting the scrying quest, a new antiquities tab should appear on the far top-right of your screen (next to the houses tab). Right-click on one of the listings under the antiquities tab, and it should say "scry."

I know this info isn't specific to a dual shock controller, but I thought it might help someone else who sees your thread title and wants to know.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, @fiender66, I am not a dev.

I've been giving lots of PTS feedback these last few days (both in-game and in the forums) ... and encourage players to do the same.

After all, it is the test server. Both you and I want a polished product when it releases at the end of next month.

I do get frustrated sometimes when players don't use the in-game tools available to them. So, if that comes out wrong in a forum post, I apologize.